• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Dascu

24vrxps.gif

selsfc.png
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Death Watch. The bloodiest, most violent, gruesome and hilariously entertaining
game on earth! Live from Varrigan City, my superiors, The Organisers, have designed this show solely for your
amusement wherein the strong and the weak, the insane at the innocent are pitted against each other in a veritable
Darwinian struggle for survival. Everyone has been infected by our special virus, and only the winners get to walk
away alive. A little incentive so to speak. We have created a world of mayhem, of massacre, of mutilation and most
of all, a World of Madness.

27yvmvk.png
I’m sure you’ll be asking by now when this blood-filled spectacle will be on the screen for your personal enjoyment
and sinister satisfaction. Well then I’ll have to inform you that Death Watch will be available March 10th for our
American audience.
Our patient psychopaths in Europe and Australia will unfortunately have to wait to rev their
chainsaws until March 20th and 26th respectively.

With tears of blood in my saddened eyes, I regret to inform our friends in the land of the Rising Sun that they
will not be allowed to participate in the mayhem. But I’m sure you’ll find a way to join in on the massacre,
one way or another.

fvlmw2.png
This game is published by the most terrible corporation of our time, Sega and developed by Platinum Games,
ex-Clover mercenaries with experience on other horrible shows such as the ball-bustingly hard GodHand, the
frightening Resident Evil 4, the extravagant Viewtiful Joe and, for variety’s sake, our family-friendly Okami
for all the little toddlers out there! Sega's even employed the Undead Necromancer Yazmat to curse those
who watch other shows with eye-cancer.

20a417a.png
Now, let us begin the slaughter! Like the citizens of Ancient Rome attending the gladiator fights in the grand
coliseums, you will have the exclusive privilege to witness our contestants fight till the death and beyond, for
your amusement and pleasure. There is only one rule and that is that there are no rules. Well, except that little
lovely rule about killing as much people in the most gruesome, elaborate, bloody, violent, grotesque,
abhorrent manner possible.
Bob Ross himself would be pleased with how well our contestants paint the town red.

And their reward for displaying such a feat of skill? Points, and lots of them! High scores will unlock new areas
in their playing arenas, new weapons to batter their opponents with, and of course the Death Watch-exclusive
Bloodbath Challenges! On these special occasions, the contestants will have a time-limit to kill as much enemies
as possible using the gruesome tools of destruction we, The Organizers, have provided, such as the Death Press,
mashing your foes into a bloody pulp, or Man Darts, slamming them against a huge dart board.

The main prize of course is the privilege to fight a Ranked contestant. These battle-hardened fiends have caused
more bloodshed than the most experienced butcher in the bloodiest abattoir. They are the true masters of massacre,
the bishops of blood, kings of carnage, the sultans of sadism, the emperors of evisceration.

29pw5n4.png
Our more technical adapt viewers might be interested to know that our contestants use special martial art skills
taught by our experienced trainers from the far Orient. The following terms are fairly bizarre, as I have no clue
what the fuck a "Wiimote" is, but I'm sure you die-hards will recognise that obscure word.
  • The players (and pimps) attack their opponents by pressing the A button for a bread-'n-butter combo.
    They can use unlockable weapons like a katana or a baseball bat to mix it up a bit. Or, they can whip
    out their chainsaw by pressing the B button and then slashing like a vicious killer.
  • After grabbing their enemies by holding the A button, they can stun them with a flick of the Nunchuck,
    impale them on spikes or throw them into dumpsters and such.
  • Finishing moves are executed by following on-screen visual cues and prompts.
Of course, the more elaborate the kill, the more points earned. For example, a player could beat up a foe with
a nice combo, constrict him with a tire, impale him a few times with a signpost through the head and then
toss them in front of a speeding train. A work of art!

Here's a schematic for the braniacs out there:

Frankly, I don’t care how they do it, as long as they wreck merciless havoc.

30us803.png
2cymk5j.png

It’s time to introduce the main contestant of tonight’s show. The enigmatic Jack Cayman, or as I like to call him
“The Chainsaw”, is on a winning streak ever since entering our delightful program. Rumors are abound that he’s
not just here for the killing, but let’s not bother with that right now. Armed with a chainsaw on his arm, he’s a
fierce fighter with skills unparalleled so far. Can he reach the top and become the number one assassin in Varrigan
City? We’ll soon find out. Be sure to place your bets, so you too at home can earn a buck on this murdering
madman.

14toaax.png
Of course, words are words. It’s time for some brutal footage of Death Watch! Over the past few months, select
sadistic audiences have been given a sneak preview of our horrifying show. But now you too, foaming at the mouth
behind your flicker tube, can get a sweet taste of the bloodshed to come.

We’ve also provided some stills for those poor souls who still haven’t had enough. These beautiful images obviously
can’t fully contain the splendor of blood splattering across your screen, but they should manage to get your
murder-engines going at least.

sxj8k6.png
Oh, and one more thing before you tune into Death Watch. You may be thinking that it’s all just fluff without substance,
like a carcass without its entrails. Well as these fine ratings prove, you’re wrong and you should feel horribly guilty
for thinking this is any less than the best show on this black&white earth. Feel free to enter Death Watch yourself,
we’ll be more than happy to arrange your funeral. Once we can retrieve all your body bits at least.

- IGN: 9/10
- 1up: A-
- Eurogamer: 7/10
- GameInformer: 9/10
- GamesRader: 8/10
- GamePro: 4.5/5
- ComputerAndVideoGames: 8/10
- GameSpot: 7.5/10
- GameTrailers: 8.5/10
- M! Games (German magazine): 81% - Great graphics, OST and story. Some minor camera issues and the motorbike segments aren't as fun as the rest of the game.
- Nintendo Power: 9/10 - Game is a lot of fun to play, over the top to an enjoyable level. Good length and variety for a beat-em-up, controls work well, lots of unlockables and stuff to do after beating it. Nice presentation and story as well. Their only complaint is that the running commentary, while usually funny, gets very repetitive.
- Official Nintendo Magazine: 8.5/10

2vdifmd.png
Are there any bonuses for first-time prescribers?
Oh yes there are! Our European friends will receive various promotional items such as a soundtrack or a T-shirt, if they order now from certain store chains.
Who is that gorgeous gentlemen in the fabulous outfit I’ve seen in the footage?
Why, that’s me, the Black Baron himself. With my pimpcane in hand, I convert the nonbelievers and turn them to the Church of MadWorld. Together with my lovely assistants, I’m in charge of the Bloodbath Challenges.
My wife keeps bugging me to stop hogging the TV all the time. Should I throw her into a giant turbine?
There’s no need for that! The Bloodbath Challenges can be enjoyed even more with two. Just cuddle up together on the sofa and you and your wife can take part in the slaughter together! Remember, the more the bloodier.
Why isn’t this show being aired on my PSTriple or EksBawks satellite dish?
Death Watch is a WiiTV exclusive. Fun fact: Whiners like you have a statistically higher chance to get impaled by a sign post. The more you know!
Should I watch this show or the fifth season of Stop-n-Gun Zombie Shooter?
Death Watch of course! The only thing as dumb as the partner character in that Zombie show, would be YOU if you don’t watch our splendid show!

33110cw.png
Of course, every show has its fans. And Death Watch has plenty! Here’s some mail from our most loyal viewers:
N. Gaffe said:
Show of the year. Me and my mates have all had plastic surgery to make our faces show our love for Death Watch. Here’s some pictures:

52hw8z.gif
qn09pt.gif
msn_jack_packshot.jpg
2qvrpc7.png
2mnn42r.gif
k4xh1y.jpg
newchobbes-1.jpg
11h6n82.jpg
2129ugk.jpg
29x94kk.gif
madworld_av.jpg

mad-world-avatar.png
MadworldArk4.gif
trex_madworld.png
2upd6jo.gif
20kvi8x.jpg
mad.gif
wss.jpg
falcona.png
w1ck6s.gif
8xngis.jpg
rwqk1z.gif
120229.jpg
o6wdc3.jpg
3310027616_9bfb481b16_o.png
rct55v.png
gino.png
2h84rqp.jpg
289nwz.gif
xfuepv.gif
john_harker.gif
MadBen3.png
T. Touchdown said:
Thank god for Death Watch! This’ll tide me over until the second season of Great White Giant Glastonberry.
J. Thompson said:
Got it pre-ordered. I’m sure I’ll have a field day with this one.
P. Hoffman said:
This show is gonna be better than Callzone 2 motherfuckers!
Dr. Crow said:
Me and my esteemed distinguished effete fellow and colleague, Dr Ohne, agree that this show demonstrates why WiiTV is the best thing ever.
N. Gaffe said:
Hey, it’s me again. You know what? Me and my friends made some promotional posters for this show! Check ‘em out:

nzhwxu.png

Epic post is epic :eek:

I preordered from Amazon with free shipping cuz I'm a cheapskate so I'm gonna be a few days late to the party :(

Azure J

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk. This thread is awesome. I love the scrolling quotes you have up there in the main image Dascu. Hype levels are steadily increasing.

Dascu

AzureJericho said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkk. This thread is awesome. I love the scrolling quotes you have up there in the main image Dascu. Hype levels are steadily increasing.
The news reel was JDSN's idea. He wanted to make a full banner, but... things got in the way of that.

ezekial45

Banned
I gotta say, the story seems a lot more interesting than i thought. Judging from those videos in the other Madworld thread. Yasumi Matsuno wrote the story, right?

EDIT: I'm sorry to nitpick Dascu; but wouldn't have been better to link to youtube for the videos? The IGN vids have ads that play before videos.

It's really a great post, btw.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The OP is made of win. :lol

Can't wait to play the game! :D

ezekial45 said:
I gotta say, the story seems a lot more interesting than i thought. Judging from those videos in the other Madworld thread. Yasumi Matsuno wrote the story, right?
I don't think so, but he definitely contributed to it.

I've been using this avatar for months now. I can't even remember how long it's been anymore. Best avatar on gaf by a long shot.

uh, best estimate I have is before November.

Dascu

ezekial45 said:
He certainly worked on it.
EDIT: I'm sorry to nitpick Dascu; but wouldn't have been better to link to youtube for the videos? The IGN vids have ads that play before videos.
Not all of them are on Youtube on high quality, IIRC.

Ikael

Holy freaking crap @ OP. Best official tread ever. The text could have been done by a professional copywritter o_O

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Love the OP, Love the style of this game, oh man my first Wii game. :D

I think I will add the wii to my amazon pre-order of this game.

DreD

My most anticipated game with RE5. I don't know if I'll pick them both in the same week, but what is assured is that this game will come first. :D

Dascu

Ikael said:
Holy freaking crap @ OP. Best official tread ever. The text could have been done by a professional copywritter o_O
This was the first time I ever used Photoshop. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There are good threads, and then there are godly threads.

IIIITS SHOWTIIIIME!

Ikael

This was the first time I ever used Photoshop. :lol

:D well, a good advertiser knows the product that he is selling so yep, nothing like neogaf to sold you a game (as if I wasnt sold on this already).

Dascu

Ikael said:
:D well, a good advertiser knows the product that he is selling so yep, nothing like neogaf to sold you a game (as if I wasnt sold on this already).
That's the idea. BUY THIS GAME.

Volcynika

Dascu, this thread has made me hate Europe a little less. Then again, North America isn't getting the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus, so the hate is still there!

Dascu

Volcynika said:
Dascu, this thread has made me hate Europe a little less. Then again, North America isn't getting the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus, so the hate is still there!
NA will probably get something too, eventually.

Top Bottom