• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Dascu said:
Good times, good times.

Can't wait!!
Most anticipated title of 2009.

Actually, can you throw in some basic game stats in your cool text language?
Like... release date and links to deals to purchase? (I'm ashamed to say I don't even know these yet)

Dascu

John Harker said:
Can't wait!!
Most anticipated title of 2009.

Actually, can you throw in some basic game stats in your cool text language?
Like... release date and links to deals to purchase? (I'm ashamed to say I don't even know these yet)
Read Air Times and Q&A sections. :)

~Kinggi~

Banned
xS1TH L0RDx said:
480i.

still buying.
lol, as someone who doesnt have a Wii, every time im reminded of the non-hd nature of the output displays from the wii i cant help but laugh. Im so used to having everything be formatted for my hdtv.

I mean seriously Nintendo, hurry and release your WiiHD, there's no excuse for that crap. Whatever if they dont want to keep up with all the fancy game tech, but get the basic stuff right.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Black and White and Red All Over! Woooo!

Awesome OP is awesome, loved the writing and style.

Also, this game is so freaking mine. Not just Day 1, Minute 1.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ksamedi said:
Any impressions on the later missions yet?

Mat Cassamawhatever said they were about 5 hours in and the game was still going, still a whole lot of fun, likely GOTY for the Wii, and that there was plenty of challenge.

I'm hoping its a few hours longer than 5. ~7 would be a sweet spot, but I wont get my hopes up. It is a brawler.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
xS1TH L0RDx said:
480i.

still buying.
Did not know this. Seems strange as you would imagine that a game like this would benefit greatly with the removal of the interlacing due to the stark black/white contrast.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EatChildren said:
Mat Cassamawhatever said they were about 5 hours in and the game was still going, still a whole lot of fun, likely GOTY for the Wii, and that there was plenty of challenge.

I'm hoping its a few hours longer than 5. ~7 would be a sweet spot, but I wont get my hopes up. It is a brawler.

I think they did say it'd last a while, more than 10 hours at least in the last NVC. My memory if fuzzy though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Andrex said:
I think they did say it'd last a while, more than 10 hours at least in the last NVC. My memory if fuzzy though.

A solid 10+ hours seems a pretty long time for a brawler. I cant imagine any level taking over an hour to complete (or even close), so by crazy rough estimate you'd be looking at 15 - 20 different stages.

I'll be super stoked if it really is that long, but as I said, ~7 hours would be a nice sweet spot, high score replay value and (hopefully) unlockables adding to the length.

On that note, does anyone know if there is any unlockable content?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm disappointed that you didn't make an allusion to Yasumi Matsuno's previous works in "a word from our sponsors". :(

Good OP, though. Me likey.

Dascu

Regulus Tera said:
I'm disappointed that you didn't make an allusion to Yasumi Matsuno's previous works in "a word from our sponsors". :(

Good OP, though. Me likey.
Done and done.

EatChildren

nincompoop said:
Wouldn't Wii Sports be your first Wii game then

What if they both arrive in the same mail? What if MadWorld was the first ordered, but WiiSports is the first played?

Such are the musings of a Wii philosopher.

Just to let everyone know my 2009 gaming starts once this game is in my hand. I'm a bit envious of our UK friends but its all good. I'm going to take all the ads of this game were using at work and I'm going to plaster it all over at home. I demand this game's soundtrack in full in one form or another.

Haunted

andycapps said:
This thread/game makes me wish I still had my Wii. :(
nelson-muntz.gif

jjgames

Day 1 Purchase for me.

Can't wait to get some more videos and reviews for the game. Everything I've seen so far gets me more and more excited.

New avatar in honor of the game too!

Bit-Bit

The OP is contender for best official top next to the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread. The really like how creative the OP got with his paragraphs.

ZealousD

Bit-Bit said:
The OP is contender for best official top next to the Metal Gear Solid 4 thread. The really like how creative the OP got with his paragraphs.

Very different kind of threads. Metal Gear Solid 4 was just loooooooooooooong and took lots of time and effort. A more direct comparison is the Ninja Gaiden II thread.

John Harker said:
JDSN is awesome at this stuff.

You've outdone my official NMH thread.

That thread had a good run, 56 pages and over 2700 posts (yes, I'm one of the 50 posts per-page weirdies), I hope we at least equal that kind of activity with MadWorld, if not surpass it. If any Wii game is deserving of that kind of attention here on GAF MadWorld looks like it is easily the first worthy title in a good long while.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Bit-Bit said:

That thread's OP does not deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dascu's masterpiece.

lyre

Darunia said:

ZealousD said:
Very different kind of threads. Metal Gear Solid 4 was just loooooooooooooong and took lots of time and effort. A more direct comparison is the Ninja Gaiden II thread.

Agreed.

And speaking of NG2 thread, with one obvious change, this pic seems quite appropriate here:
295d5lh.png

Get to it!

ZealousD

stuminus3 said:
Hey, my avatar works well enough without modification. Cool!

Don't fuck with Max!

Put a sign through his head! I actually think he'll like it!

Dascu

lyre said:
Agreed.

And speaking of NG2 thread, with one obvious change, this pic seems quite appropriate here:
http://i26.tinypic.com/295d5lh.png[img]
[spoiler]Get to it![/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Heh. I'll think about it.

billy.sea

Banned
This coming the day before RE5???
I want both games, but so far this caught my attention little more.
Hope they don't hurt each other's sale.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Great thread. :D

I can't wait to pick this one up.

Top Bottom