• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Manga Discussion/News Thread!! New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
c7xom.jpg

Combine

Banned
Not much happened in the latest Wolf Guy. Only thing was Teach bitch slapping that ugly student and then Inugami leaving. And I guess meganekko girl also has a crush on him now. :lol

mysticwhip said:
Where the fuck is HXH?!
It's out on Onemanga. Wierd chapter though. Wasn't expecting the king to be in that condition. I also didn't expect the reactions from the gaurds after they "fed" themselves to Mereum. Looking foward to next week though.

Edit: nvm you found it haha, I'm late.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
HxH
So Meurouem has decided that eating other ants is the most delicious/pleasureable thing he can do?

Guess the problem's solved then. :lol

Incredible send off for WB...

I think I like BB even more after this chapter...he was humiliated but used his usual underhanded tactics...he really does play a dirty game, but makes a great and hilarious villain.

Pretty funny though...I mean he thought by grabbing WB, he would nulify his threat...forgetting that even without his ability WB is far stronger than he is... This is exactly the death for WB I was hoping for...exactly.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Hitman Reborn - I actually like Byakurans motive but he had to get taken out like a punk ass bitch ........ sigh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MrSerrels said:
No Bakuman this week?
Bakuman is out.

Maybe if Miura wasn't such a fucking little bitch this never would have happened. I honestly hope they don't push through this and just start over with something less crappy. But I think they will just regroup and start doing better because it's that kind of series.

I'm not sure what Eiji was doing though and why that set Mashiro off like that.

I still contend that people took Eiji wanting to cancel a series far too literally; it's not like Yujiro could actually give Eiji that promise.

MrSerrels

Bakuman

Loved Bakuman. Loved Eiji on TV. Love the way they integrated the catch phrase into the manga. Bakuman does that so well.

I hope they don't do another 'let's split up Ashirogi Muto' arc again, cause it's been done. I'm interested in how they take this one, because Tanto is a moderately successful manga, they might just have to play it out...

I expect, with the obvious foreshadowing, that Shujin is going to have some sort of breakdown, or do something to mess up his wedding, and that will be the turning point for Tanto getting replaced, or cancelled. But again that would be too similar to the way that Trap was cancelled.

Again, not sure where they're going to take this.

Naruto
I've liked the last two chapters, but I really hope this isn't the big Sasuke/Naruto battle, mainly because Sasuke is gimped right now, and that battle should really be a proper rematch ala the first one.

As much as I can already hear the bitching and moaning, Madara really does have to come and magic Sasuke away, possibly after Naruto and Sasuke have a little sparring match ala way back when they both fucked up the water towers. As much as everyone here will complain, that's simply what has to happen here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rewrite said:
Why did you get banned, shintoki?

This is why the removal of search really sucks for the non-GAF Golders. You don't get to know what happened :lol Pony up.

Reborn

So after nearly 3 years, THIS is how the future arc ends? Possibly one of the most anti-climactic arcs relative to the amount of build up in manga history.

Whatever, at least it's finally over. I'm interested to see where the series will go from here since the Vongola will be incredibly overpowered once they get back to the past. I don't see how the series can continue without some kind of time paradox anomaly thing showing up and somehow becoming the main villain.

methane47 said:
I'm guessing for next week's Naruto.. this will happen:

The Chidori/rasengan explosion finally triggers the itachi magic. The Last essence of Itachi takes over Naruto.. (he knew it would happen) And Itachi tells Sasuke the REAL REAL truth about Konoha...

Sasuke will break down and attack... Itachi will step and stop the attack with a hug...At which time the explosion finally disapates and left standing is Naruto holding Sasuke..

Sasuke is broken.

Madara then steps in and takes Sasuke away Quick... which starts ANOTHER kidnapping arc....
That's funny
because it's possibly true. =/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
shintoki said:
I was a dirty boy. =[
I don't know why this made me laugh right now.

cosmicblizzard said:
I was actually going to post the exact same thing. I seriously have no idea how I'm supposed to react to this chapter :lol :lol :lol
neoanarch said:
Yeah. I dunno about that.
This scene was worse than when Hisoka was going all pedophile on Gon. :lol

Angry Grimace said:
This is why the removal of search really sucks for the non-GAF Golders. You don't get to know what happened :lol Pony up.
Paying to post on an internet forum = BOOOOOOOOOOOO

cosmicblizzard, you are NOT making me want to read Katekyo Hitman Reborn again. Uuuuuggh.

Angry Grimace

Rewrite said:
cosmicblizzard, you are NOT making me want to read Katekyo Hitman Reborn again. Uuuuuggh.
wtf is with the baby

Fox1304

Rewrite said:
Hunter x Hunter

W
T
F

:lol :lol

Exactly. Had the feeling I was reading some kind of creepy yaoi hentai from deeper than the worst darkness of hentai history.

And I didn't like it :lol

bjork

Wolf Guy: Hey, did you know that they shot up a school and people died, but Inugami is fine? Did you know people were mad? Did you know the teacher is going to chase after him like some lovesick puppy? I don't care what pimpwerx says, this shit needs to get on with it already. We get it, he's the lone wolf that walks alone on his trail of isolation and abandonment. Fucking yawn. Action now, or die. PEACE.

Xux

Been wanting to check out this seinen thing. Anybody know any that doesn't involve ultra-violence, (melo)drama, or political stuff? Bonus points if it's fantastical and tugs at ones heartstrings.

Dugungar

Neo Member
Totakeke said:
I've been wondering about this part. I guess it only refers to the bloodline of Roger and not in regards to D.? I guess D. doesn't have anything to do with a bloodline? Or maybe Whitebeard was just intentionally concealing the relation between Roger and Ace with the will of D.

Everyone at Marineford already knew that Ace is Roger's son so there isn't anything for him to hide, at least in that respect.

Pimpwerx

bjork said:
Wolf Guy: Hey, did you know that they shot up a school and people died, but Inugami is fine? Did you know people were mad? Did you know the teacher is going to chase after him like some lovesick puppy? I don't care what pimpwerx says, this shit needs to get on with it already. We get it, he's the lone wolf that walks alone on his trail of isolation and abandonment. Fucking yawn. Action now, or die. PEACE.
That's why we missed you, bjork. :D U still on the chat room?

And yeah, you mad. Inugami's stylin' on ya. :lol PEACE.

Sipowicz

Banned
what i hope happens next in one piece

-Blackbeard starts talking mess to the marines, gets his ass thoroughly kicked then by some fluke managaes to beat them in a fight and kill some of them
-luffy presumed dead but in the care of shanks or dragon
- timeskip of at least one year. in that time zoro becomes the new captain of the strawhats and makes an enemy of the other supernovas
- marco, vista et al join shanks
-jimbei joins the revolutionaries

God's Beard said:
Blackbeard's always been a bit of a bitch. He's just full of himself.

guy's an idiot. he thinks he's invincible because of his power (he's not) and he can't keep his mouth shut for ten seconds

he's not even that tough. i reckon luffy will be able to take him in a few years

cosmicblizzard said:
Reborn

So after nearly 3 years, THIS is how the future arc ends? Possibly one of the most anti-climactic arcs relative to the amount of build up in manga history.

Whatever, at least it's finally over. I'm interested to see where the series will go from here since the Vongola will be incredibly overpowered once they get back to the past. I don't see how the series can continue without some kind of time paradox anomaly thing showing up and somehow becoming the main villain.

Yeah. The build up to this battle was ridiculous. But, I suppose all things have to come to an end sometime. I thought Byakuran would have put up more of a fight though...

I'm also interested in what comes next too. Akira Amano hasn't disappointed since the change from Reborn being a "lol slapstick" manga to more of a "srs bidness" manga.

What the... Reborn's future arc is over? How? I mean how long was that chapter...

Spoilers please! Some of us are at work and I don't see how they could end it so quickly. I'm guessing what ever Uni did just killed Byakuran? Well why didn't she do it 100 chapters ago!! >:-(

And what is the point of giving Tsuna a power up 3 chapters ago if he didn't do anything with it!!

and the most important question of all... WHY DIDN'T LAMBO SUMMON FUTURE LAMBO!!!!!!

Edit: The only satisfying ending would have been if some pebble hit lambo, he freaked out and shot himself, summoned 20 year future lambo, and 20 year future lambo ended the arc in one panel... Then Hitman Reborn turns into 20 Year Lambo teaming up with Axe Cop to take down Aizen

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sipowicz said:
he's not even that tough. i reckon luffy will be able to take him in a few years

Whoa. Back up. This is the same Blackbeard who captured Ace to begin with. Same Blackbeard who used the Marines to gain access to form a fearsome crew. Just because "the strongest man in the world" whupped his ass, he "isn't that tough?" He took Ace's best attacks head on and beat him. The same Ace people in this very thread thought could stand up to any of the Admirals (we quickly found out the answer to THAT one didn't we?).

Lets not go crazy here and forget what he managed to pull off.

Kintaro said:
Whoa. Back up. This is the same Blackbeard who captured Ace to begin with. Same Blackbeard who used the Marines to gain access to form a fearsome crew. Just because "the strongest man in the world" whupped his ass, he "isn't that tough?" He took Ace's best attacks head on and beat him. The same Ace people in this very thread thought could stand up to any of the Admirals (we quickly found out the answer to THAT one didn't we?).

Lets not go crazy here and forget what he managed to pull off.

Oda sure went out of his way to show that Blackbeard's pretty much a pussy without his DF powers. He got whooped by Magellan easily last time and almost got two-shotted by Whitebeard this time.

Shadow Star

Just finished this series. It's immature, arbitrary and most of all, makes no goddamn fucking sense. It's like things happen in response to other things that the author never decided to mention. It's full of more holes than Sonny Corleone at the end of the Godfather. I get the feeling that this is how Axe Cop would have turned out if it was written by a battered child. And after all the bitching about how it was heavily censored, the changes were absolutely inconsequential. I kept thinking that there was going to be some sort of context, but then the series just ends. It wants the reader to think it's like End of Evangelion, but it's not. Not even close. If anything, it's Pokemon meets Veritas.

I thought it was going to pull an awesome twist when they killed the main character, but then they revived her like 5 pages later, with no explanation. I was waiting for her to just wake up in the lake from the beginning and it was all a dream as she drowned to death. Total waste of time. 2/10

I guess I'll start on the Seinen everybody recommended for me, but Bokurano just got kicked to the very bottom of the list.

God's Beard said:
Shadow Star

Just finished this series. It's immature, arbitrary and most of all, makes no goddamn fucking sense. It's like things happen in response to other things that the author never decided to mention. It's full of more holes than Sonny Corleone at the end of the Godfather. I get the feeling that this is how Axe Cop would have turned out if it was written by a battered child. And after all the bitching about how it was heavily censored, the changes were absolutely inconsequential. I kept thinking that there was going to be some sort of context, but then the series just ends. It wants the reader to think it's like End of Evangelion, but it's not. Not even close. If anything, it's Pokemon meets Veritas.

I thought it was going to pull an awesome twist when they killed the main character, but then they revived her like 5 pages later, with no explanation. I was waiting for her to just wake up in the lake from the beginning and it was all a dream as she drowned to death. Total waste of time. 2/10

I guess I'll start on the Seinen everybody recommended for me, but Bokurano just got kicked to the very bottom of the list.

That's a shame. I really enjoyed Bokurano too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom