• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Hey everyone,

Medium-time lurker here. Haven't gamed in the better part of a decade but like a lot of people, I am spending quite a bit more time at home these days. I decided to buy an Xbox Series X to re-experience some of my old favorites as well as have something that (hopefully) won't be obsolete for the better part of the next decade. Looking to join here to keep up on Xbox news, ask questions, and contribute to the discussion.

See you around!

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Hey folks, long time member, but spent the last few years browsing ResetEra. Coming back here as RE is getting extremely political even in the gaming forums. So is NeoGaf now the FoxNews to ResetEra's CNN? Off-topic and politics forums seem to be pretty one-sided on each site. Not a complaint, just feeling out the new environment.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey folks, long time member, but spent the last few years browsing ResetEra. Coming back here as RE is getting extremely political even in the gaming forums. So is NeoGaf now the FoxNews to ResetEra's CNN? Off-topic and politics forums seem to be pretty one-sided on each site. Not a complaint, just feeling out the new environment.

Welcome back, I came from Resetera as well but I was never apart of this site before the exodus. I find here is pretty open to all opinions though I don't spend much time in the politics section. And we are allowed to make Cyberpunk threads here!

Welcome also all the other new folks!

teezzy

Banned

A large portion of us are center left, according to our political compass threads, but we keep the politics section separated for a reason.

With that said, conservatives dont have a lot of places online to express themselves and we're more than happy to have them here just as much as our more progressive members.

The left keeps moving further and further left which has caused Democrats like myself to start voting Republican. These are wild times ultimately.

Hope that helps! Please hang around, cool avatar!

Mostly we just post about Emma Stone, Emma Watson, and Emma Roberts and which one is hotter

Hi everybody.

I'm Superayate, I'm from the south of France. I've been a long time lurker and decided to completly join the forum to discuss gaming and share my point of view about games and other subjects.

I love reading mangas and manhwa, playing games on my computer (strategy and FPS games) but also on consoles (I started with master System 30 years ago, now I'm currently playing on switch, PS4 pro and Xbox Series X, trying to buy a PS5 to replace my PS4 pro), watching and playing soccer. Huge fan of retrogaming, music and movies from 80's... Yeah I'm nostalgic guys... I want a polymega haha

So I'm happy to talk about my passions, to be able to share my knowledge and memories of games and consoles, but also my future impressions concerning the games I'll buy and play.

See you around !

Tesseract

Banned
I love these boards - let's get to the chit chat, people
welcome

CostlyColorfulBlackrhino-size_restricted.gif

Giles

Hey 🙂

I’ve been lurking a little while in the run up until the ps5 release, which I was lucky enough to secure. Been gaming since the sega mega drive days but in recent years my love for gaming dwindled, despite owning a Xbox one x I barely used it. Now with the launch of the ps5 and getting stuck into demons souls and Astrobot I’m loving it all over again.

Anyway excuse the ramble. See you all around. 🙂

zaanan

Banned
Hey fuckers! I lurked for awhile before creating an account over a year ago. I don't have a shit ton of time to game, but when I do, I prefer sci-fi horror, just like my movies. FPSes mainly - Descent, Doom, and Duke Nukem were my games back in the day, before life got in the way. I came back for Resistance, and discovered that Dead Space was pretty awesome too. Also Halo, Borderlands, Bloodborne, and lately Diablo 3. Most of these I have played with my four kids too, good times :)

Why am I still a Neo you might ask? No idea, maybe this will help push me over the line ;)

Cheers!

Kev Kev

Hey fuckers! I lurked for awhile before creating an account over a year ago. I don't have a shit ton of time to game, but when I do, I prefer sci-fi horror, just like my movies. FPSes mainly - Descent, Doom, and Duke Nukem were my games back in the day, before life got in the way. I came back for Resistance, and discovered that Dead Space was pretty awesome too. Also Halo, Borderlands, Bloodborne, and lately Diablo 3. Most of these I have played with my four kids too, good times :)

Why am I still a Neo you might ask? No idea, maybe this will help push me over the line ;)

Cheers!
268987a8-e8c2-47aa-9c2f-413aa603ab04_text.gif

Shnip

Neo Member
Hey everyone. I’ve not really been here much, but I’ve seen other gaming forums and didn’t care for it. I really like all 3 consoles, so I might be all over each of those areas of games, just because curiosity gets the best of me. I enjoy reading leaks, announcements, etc.

Also, if you need music recommendations, let me know! Just give me a few artists you like or genres and I’m sure I could find something for you :)

I think I can safely say that GAF right now is anything goes as long as you're civil. Some of the absolute best posters like Nobody_Important Nobody_Important and SF Kosmo SF Kosmo are bitch ass libs. The problem with Resetera IMO isn't that it's a left wing place, there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is that everything is taboo. So if that was your main issue with RE, then welcome home my friend.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Hi! Formerly banned poster here. Just happy to be back now that the riffraff has move to Ree.

So what does it take to get a College Football OT around here? Can't make threads and could not find one. Texas lost today and these are things that need to be celebrated.
You can make threads once you become a member. If you want to get your old account merged you could reach out to the admins.

I am absolutely in for CFB OT though. I'll admit I haven't watched much football or any sports this year...it just doesn't feel as "real".

Kev Kev

Hey everyone. I’ve not really been here much, but I’ve seen other gaming forums and didn’t care for it. I really like all 3 consoles, so I might be all over each of those areas of games, just because curiosity gets the best of me. I enjoy reading leaks, announcements, etc.

Also, if you need music recommendations, let me know! Just give me a few artists you like or genres and I’m sure I could find something for you :)
you like jazz?
WKWLtIV.gif

lol jk, welcome to the shit show! we have more fun than those "other" gaming forums

for real tho check out the jazz thread. even if youre not into it, there may be something there you like.

and the What, are you listening too? thread (no the comma is not a typo, its a tradition). pain in thass when youre trying to search for it tho, i always forget that little comma lol. better off to just "watch" the thread

and dont forget the metal heads if you wanna get your brutal slamming death metal on:messenger_bicep:🔨

teezzy

Banned
Hey 🙂

I’ve been lurking a little while in the run up until the ps5 release, which I was lucky enough to secure. Been gaming since the sega mega drive days but in recent years my love for gaming dwindled, despite owning a Xbox one x I barely used it. Now with the launch of the ps5 and getting stuck into demons souls and Astrobot I’m loving it all over again.

Anyway excuse the ramble. See you all around. 🙂

b204358ce825d1761a674d5cb6033b49.gif

Shnip

Neo Member
you like jazz?
WKWLtIV.gif

lol jk, welcome to the shit show! we have more fun than those "other" gaming forums

for real tho check out the jazz thread. even if youre not into it, there may be something there you like.

and the What, are you listening too? thread (no the comma is not a typo, its a tradition). pain in thass when youre trying to search for it tho, i always forget that little comma lol. better off to just "watch" the thread

and dont forget the metal heads if you wanna get your brutal slamming death metal on:messenger_bicep:🔨

Actually, I love jazz & blues, I’m all over the place with music. At the same time, I say I’m really into jazz and yet I also have copies of Tame Impala, Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Moody Blues, Beatles, and many more on vinyl lmaoooo

I’ll have to check those threads out, thanks!! :D

Haggard

Banned
Greetings fellow internet beings,

I´ve been reading on resetera for a while until I found neogaf ~ 2 years ago and decided to switch.
This place seems rather "sane" for an internet board. :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:
I use this mostly for tech/game-news because some users here seem to post news faster than they can be released.

Well, now I´ve finally made an account....

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Greetings!! I joined mostly to read the political threads. Good info and informed members, which I like. I'm not too much of a gamer, although I destroy bitches all day at BF4. Musician and music/movie enthusiast.

Welcome. Do you have a link to your music?
Greetings fellow internet beings,

I´ve been reading on resetera for a while until I found neogaf ~ 2 years ago and decided to switch.
This place seems rather "sane" for an internet board. :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:
I use this mostly for tech/game-news because some users here seem to post news faster than they can be released.

Well, now I´ve finally made an account....

Sanity can be relative, but compared with certain other places it’s an easy win. Welcome to NeoGAF.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. I'm The New Guy. A name which definitely won't age poorly in the future. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I've been lurking here for a while, but always been scared of joining for some reason. I'm quite anxious in real life, so makes sense. I even tried to contact EviLore EviLore to see if he could reverse my application after second thoughts. (You can ignore that now). Now I'm here, so I might as well give the site a shot! Might force me out of my lurker shell a bit. Thanks for approving. The site looks really nice, I love the dark skin. Just need to decide on my avatar later.

I'm a pretty casual gamer these days, but still enjoy following the news, playing the occasional new release and watching streams. I'm a pretty laid back guy, and I hope to add something meaningful to the conversation every now and then.

Hope to meet some of you guys around, and get out of my comfort shell a bit.

FourEyesGod

Neo Member
Hello guys, Im FourEyesGod,
I am new here, and im so exited to join a gaming community, even if im a bit old for that xD. but i loved gaming since i was a child now im 30 still love gaming when im not with my girl or family. i play mostly strategy pc games and mobile games. I hope to get alone with you all.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey guys. I'm The New Guy. A name which definitely won't age poorly in the future. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I've been lurking here for a while, but always been scared of joining for some reason. I'm quite anxious in real life, so makes sense. I even tried to contact EviLore EviLore to see if he could reverse my application after second thoughts. (You can ignore that now). Now I'm here, so I might as well give the site a shot! Might force me out of my lurker shell a bit. Thanks for approving. The site looks really nice, I love the dark skin. Just need to decide on my avatar later.

I'm a pretty casual gamer these days, but still enjoy following the news, playing the occasional new release and watching streams. I'm a pretty laid back guy, and I hope to add something meaningful to the conversation every now and then.

Hope to meet some of you guys around, and get out of my comfort shell a bit.

Welcome to GAF!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello guys, Im FourEyesGod,
I am new here, and im so exited to join a gaming community, even if im a bit old for that xD. but i loved gaming since i was a child now im 30 still love gaming when im not with my girl or family. i play mostly strategy pc games and mobile games. I hope to get alone with you all.

Welcome to NeoGAF. Millions of us grew up gaming and haven't given it up as we've gotten older, nothing to be ashamed of.

T

The New Guy

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to NeoGAF. Millions of us grew up gaming and haven't given it up as we've gotten older, nothing to be ashamed of.

That's very true. Even though I don't game as much as I used to during my teenage years, I think it'll always be a thing that I'm involved in some shape or form. I enjoy watching Streams more than TV sometimes these days, it's just way easier to tune in at any random moment. A lot of TV shows take a lot of commitment. Streams are sort of a background thing.

I'm glad that Gaming is becoming more 'normal' these days. Everyone does it, even people on their phones. With that being said, I think time you enjoy is never time wasted, and nobody should ever be ashamed for enjoying Gaming & having some relief. Especially this year, we all need it. (y)

Welcome to GAF!

Thank you very much! :)

Welcome to everyone else joining as well. Glad to be here.

IanH

Neo Member
Hi names Ian, 50 yr old loved gaming i guess since 1984!. Game tag LJak69 on Xbox One X am wanting to play online and make friends although gaming single player all my life since ZX Spectrum (rubber keyboard) days when 48K was the business!! Have most popular Xbox and PC on Gamepass Ultimate and hard copy, have fps and like to play with teammates as only played single player. Love and have majority of RPG games but never feel are the type to play online or not. Feel free to add me to your list and when log on see my games if thats how it works, show me the ropes!!

Have PS4 Pro with lots games and Switch but not currently online. Unsure how share gamer tag works on PC without gamepass?

xiskza

Can't believe I finally have a neogaf account. I tried many years ago, but without the paid emails they required I actually never managed to have an account. I then tried to get one at Era but it was also never approved for the same reason - but on the other hand, I don't think I'd last that long over there as a gay Trump supporter lol.

Kynrib7

Neo Member
Holy shit!!!
I'm finally here! Hello. I've followed GAF since 2004 and originally I wanted to join in 2013 (to join Versus XIII discussions, lololol ok) I eventually settled down from that nonsense...

Anyhow, now I have a much more important reason. I have been in the last 3-weeks or so followed Poligaf and have been eager to share my views with you all.

It's a truly crazy time we are in and I appreciate that there are a wide range of views allowed to be exhibited here. Thank you:)

Top Bottom