• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF MotorStorm Thread

Goldrusher

I pre-ordered it at videogamesplus.ca, should arrive here sometime next week, I hope.

Now I still need a headset. Anybody happens to have a spare one ?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
I'm so torn.

I found the demo to be way more fun than I expected, but I'm not huge on online, and the lack of content is an issue.

Blah.

SamBishop

Banned
Awesomeness, thy name is driving a big rig and completely obliterating everything in your path. After my first big rig race, I ran around the office stomping and screaming "RAAAAARGH, I'M A MOUNTAIN MAN! I EAT TREES!" Did it have anything to do with the game? Nope, but that's just how much testosterone I was pumping with.

This game is the complete opposite end of the spectrum from F1. One encourages (and enforces) sportsmanlike conduct, tight racing lines and one-mistake-and-you're-****ed accuracy. The other encourages you to drive like an asshole and shove everyone else off the road while honking your horn as you watch them careen off a cliff as they scream "you're a diiiiiiiiiiick!" all the way down.

I totally agree on the soundtrack love too. It fits the game so perfectly.

Oneself

SamBishop said:
Awesomeness, thy name is driving a big rig and completely obliterating everything in your path. After my first big rig race, I ran around the office stomping and screaming "RAAAAARGH, I'M A MOUNTAIN MAN! I EAT TREES!" Did it have anything to do with the game? Nope, but that's just how much testosterone I was pumping with.

This game is the complete opposite end of the spectrum from F1. One encourages (and enforces) sportsmanlike conduct, tight racing lines and one-mistake-and-you're-****ed accuracy. The other encourages you to drive like an asshole and shove everyone else off the road while honking your horn as you watch them careen off a cliff as they scream "you're a diiiiiiiiiiick!" all the way down.

I totally agree on the soundtrack love too. It fits the game so perfectly.

Quoted for awesomeness. You're a genius.:lol :lol

Core407

Banned
I need this game. I passed Motorstorm off as some shallow game based on the demo, but I went back to it and love it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

Goldrusher

SnakeXs said:
I'm so torn.

I found the demo to be way more fun than I expected, but I'm not huge on online, and the lack of content is an issue.

There's over a hundred races, with different grids (of vehicles), like all-bike, all-buggy, half bike-half jeep, 11 bikes versus a HUGE truck, etc.

Also, there might only be 8 tracks, but you can drive them at noon, dusk, night and in dry or rainy conditions. That's 48 experiences.

Must-have game if you like any of the following:
- racing
- wrecking
- online gaming
- graphics
- physics
- PS3
- Sixaxis
- Sony

antiloop

Nice pictures.

"Required hard disk space: At least 725 KB"

I guess they aren't that heavy on harddrive caching with this game.

Goldrusher

AlphaSnake said:

Thank you...Arnold. :lol

I noticed there's a P missing in "setup" in the MotorStorm menu. Is that something wrong with your tv settings, or is it some kind of side-scrolling menu ?

AlphaSnake

Goldrusher said:
Thank you...Arnold. :lol

I noticed there's a P missing in "setup" in the MotorStorm menu. Is that something wrong with your tv settings, or is it some kind of side-scrolling menu ?

Side-scrolling option select. And plus my TV has overscan in 720p. Thank God this game has no HUD.

antiloop

Goldrusher said:
...at least...

Makes me wonder how much worse it runs with 725 KB free compared to say 5 GB. If they really are depending a lot on the harddrive it should run like shit.
With a few minutes loading between levels. ;)

Z3F

Banned
Thanks for the pics, Alphasnake. But what's up with the UMD and PSP in the pictures? Viral marketing? :lol

AlphaSnake

Z3F said:
Thanks for the pics, Alphasnake. But what's up with the UMD and PSP in the pictures? Viral marketing? :lol

I have like three other UMDs on my table here. Haha. But the PSP is always positioned in front of the TV like that. =P

AlphaSnake

Armitage said:
So, uh, BNC sent you the game? What's that for?

Actually, the box was covering the other email addresses. It came from Sony and BNC (the 3rd party PR firm they outsource some stuff to).

Armitage

AlphaSnake said:
Actually, the box was covering the other email addresses. It came from Sony and BNC (the 3rd party PR firm they outsource some stuff to).

Ah, you're right, I was just being paranoid I guess.

Zabojnik

I should be getting a PAL PS3 and Motorstorm early next week. What's the online situation at the moment? Will I be able to find and play with the (supposedely) few EU / PAL users who managed to get their hands on the console / game this early?

AlphaSnake

Zabojnik said:
I should be getting a PAL PS3 and Motorstorm early next week. What's the online situation at the moment? Will I be able to find and play with the (supposedely) few EU / PAL users who managed to get their hands on the console / game this early?

You know what's funny? The online has an Australia server...I don't know if this is an indication of international gameplay.

SamBishop

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
You know what's funny? The online has an Australia server...I don't know if this is an indication of international gameplay.

You know what else is funny? The fact that we're not throwing mud at each other while soaring over huge jumps and screaming like we're in freefall. I vote we get some hot hot online action going.

AlphaSnake

SamBishop said:
You know what else is funny? The fact that we're not throwing mud at each other while soaring over huge jumps and screaming like we're in freefall. I vote we get some hot hot online action going.

Ok, ok. Ooof...I'll try to get online in 30 mins. :p

Jim

Man... I suck total online. Skipping the single player mode, and then hopping right into multiplayer races definitely aint the way to go.
Gotta learn the tracks...

Sam's damn good so far :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
God I want to play this so bad. Tuesday after my midterms...er, Wednesday. You're all toast.

I say we make a GAF game. Wednesday is LOST...so it'll have to be like 8 PM EST. It's official. I'm missing American Idol for this too, so everyone be there.

shut up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hopefully I can pick it up this week so you can own me Alpha,I suck at racing games but I loved the demo.

AlphaSnake

Matrix said:
Hopefully I can pick it up this week so you can own me Alpha,I suck at racing games but I loved the demo.

:lol

Jim, I came on last night. Why'd you quit? :p

I was so close to victory, but I ****ed up and got stuck in 2nd place.

SamBishop

Banned
Jim said:
Man... I suck total online. Skipping the single player mode, and then hopping right into multiplayer races definitely aint the way to go.
Gotta learn the tracks...

Sam's damn good so far :)

Oh, shit, I didn't even know I was racing against you, dude! I did okay there for a while and then just started choke, and then a transformer nearby blew and we lost power, so I figured that was about as clear a sign to call it a night as I was going to get.

Problem is, now I can't stop thinking about jumping back online... You or Arnold up for another game?

Treo360

Core407 said:
Best thing about Motorstorm?

Hot car-on-car mounting.

DSC03539.jpg

Top Bottom