• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF MotorStorm Thread

AVclub

When setting up an online race, can you designate which vehicles are allowed? And if so, can you choose to allow more than one class like a race for Big Rigs and Motorcycles only?

Ceb

Forsete said:
In 18 days, I'll play this sucker.

Lets hope the game has global multiplayer.

The devs said it won't have global play, at least not to begin with. Which begs the question... will PAL gamers playing online with a US copy lag like crazy? The people playing Resistance from over here did fine, IIRC.

Lag can't be any worse then me in the uk playing gamers in the usa with xbix live peer to peer data transfers, mostly been fine for games over the years like that.

SamBishop

Banned
I'm cross-posting this between multiple threads and forums. I don't honestly think that folks with multiple games to review actually finished this game because it's not worth the spike in blood pressure. I'm going back to F1...
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Awesome, MotorStorm, you've manged to completely reverse my love for you with a combination of physics and asshole ****ing drivers. I thought the Level 3 races were kinda tough with their half-dozen to dozen-restart races, but your Level 4 shit makes me want to hunt down every last one of you on the development team and your families and make you all pay.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with you UK folk, but between this and Stuntman, you clearly like to make games that punish people for playing. Cranking up difficulty so that the AI makes you pray for death and then putting obscene requirements on races (haha, I love racing against semis and garbage trucks and getting creamed on a bike when I'm clearly capable of better acceleration!) is not. ****ing. Worth. It.

You have your bullshit Apocalypse course; I'll never get there and your game's piss-poor, featureless, lackluster online functionality will be the only thing that saves me from tossing this game and/or case out the office window to get run over by a train.

I ****ING HATE POINTLESSLY DIFFICULT GAMES.

Also, all gripes about this game were totally warranted. Tough AI doesn't make up for depth.

**** impressions, **** any elaboration, this game is an 8/10 at best. The online is a blast, the graphics are insane and the physics are incredible, but the gameplay takes a huge dump all over your face while you try to have fun and that's just not the kind of game I like to have. Especially when I've already played all your ****ing tracks by the near-halfway point and no, making the sun go down (while insanely pretty) will not make me count your half-dozen or so tracks as different.

****ing A.I.

SamBishop

Banned
I like big boobs. Yeaaaahhh, boobs make it all better. I'm going to take a break and go bury my face in some now. That'll make all the anger sharks swim away...

Midas

Ceb said:
The devs said it won't have global play, at least not to begin with. Which begs the question... will PAL gamers playing online with a US copy lag like crazy? The people playing Resistance from over here did fine, IIRC.

Damn it, I need to get this game in Europe if this is true. :(

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Treo360 said:
DSC03539.jpg

And what about car-on-driver mounting ?

motorcorps.gif

:lol

llTll

Banned
i have a question. really important one.

the japanese version of motorstorm doesnt have online play.

the motorstorm server is locked

so if a japanese PS3 owner buy the US game of motorstorm.

can he go online and play ?

Ceb

llTll said:
so if a japanese PS3 owner buy the US game of motorstorm.

can he go online and play ?

It sounds as if it's set up like that. I'd wait for someone else to be the guinea pig if I were you though. :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SamBishop said:
I seriously don't know what's wrong with you UK folk, but between this and Stuntman, you clearly like to make games that punish people for playing.

This is why I think most will play this as a MP game and Motorstorm 2 will be the better game.

llTll

Banned
Ceb said:
It sounds as if it's set up like that. I'd wait for someone else to be the guinea pig if I were you though. :D

well i sold my japanese ps3 for US one long time ago. but i still want to know :lol

Brofist

llTll said:
well i sold my japanese ps3 for US one long time ago. but i still want to know :lol

Mine is on order, although I wont get it until a week after release. If no one has answered by then I'll be able to verify one way or another.

SamBishop

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
This is why I think most will play this as a MP game and Motorstorm 2 will be the better game.

You simply must play though the single-player game until you start to hate life because the experience there (both in learning the paths of the courses/how the different vehicles handle and how to drive like a dick) are invaluable in playing the game online. Despite the fact that there are zero online options beyond setting a track/vehicles/laps/etc., online totally makes the game, and I totally agree with you.

This is absolutely an online experience and just as the review that kicked off this whole abortion of a thread said, this is a game that lays the framework. The bitching or praise that comes from the game will doubtlessly lead to the evolution to these original concepts and it will make us all dance in the streets with joy.

But right now? **** the late-game single-player. Seriously.

SamBishop said:
I'm cross-posting this between multiple threads and forums. I don't honestly think that folks with multiple games to review actually finished this game because it's not worth the spike in blood pressure. I'm going back to F1...
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Awesome, MotorStorm, you've manged to completely reverse my love for you with a combination of physics and asshole ****ing drivers. I thought the Level 3 races were kinda tough with their half-dozen to dozen-restart races, but your Level 4 shit makes me want to hunt down every last one of you on the development team and your families and make you all pay.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with you UK folk, but between this and Stuntman, you clearly like to make games that punish people for playing. Cranking up difficulty so that the AI makes you pray for death and then putting obscene requirements on races (haha, I love racing against semis and garbage trucks and getting creamed on a bike when I'm clearly capable of better acceleration!) is not. ****ing. Worth. It.

You have your bullshit Apocalypse course; I'll never get there and your game's piss-poor, featureless, lackluster online functionality will be the only thing that saves me from tossing this game and/or case out the office window to get run over by a train.

I ****ING HATE POINTLESSLY DIFFICULT GAMES.

Also, all gripes about this game were totally warranted. Tough AI doesn't make up for depth.

**** impressions, **** any elaboration, this game is an 8/10 at best. The online is a blast, the graphics are insane and the physics are incredible, but the gameplay takes a huge dump all over your face while you try to have fun and that's just not the kind of game I like to have. Especially when I've already played all your ****ing tracks by the near-halfway point and no, making the sun go down (while insanely pretty) will not make me count your half-dozen or so tracks as different.

****ing A.I.
Wow. I can't wait to pickup Motorstorm!

Samuel L Bishop said:
I seriously don't know what's wrong with you UK folk, but between this and Stuntman, you clearly like to make games that punish people for playing mother****ers.
i'm from the UK, and i loved stuntman... so that actually makes me pretty eager to play this. for reference, did you HATE the burning laps in burnout 3 and revenge or did you gold medal them all?

i just hope i can find enough stuff around the house that i'm prepared to trade in to raise the money for this. stupid unexpected bills.

SamBishop

Banned
plagiarize said:
i'm from the UK, and i loved stuntman... so that actually makes me pretty eager to play this. for reference, did you HATE the burning laps in burnout 3 and revenge or did you gold medal them all?

i just hope i can find enough stuff around the house that i'm prepared to trade in to raise the money for this. stupid unexpected bills.

All gold, all the effin' time. I wouldn't stop retrying until I golded 'em. Why I could take that kind of rinse/repeat experience yet not this nor Stuntman is actually a really good question (or at least one raised inadvertently).

I wish I knew why I have no problem Start>Repeating stuff like the GT license tests to get golds or those burning laps, but I think it's that they're just one go. Killing multiple laps only to have the AI **** you over at the last second is what pisses me off, and it was the same with those unbreakable boxes or surgically precise turns in Stuntman.

llTll

Banned
kpop100 said:
Mine is on order, although I wont get it until a week after release. If no one has answered by then I'll be able to verify one way or another.

please let me know by then. i am really into this

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
plagiarize said:

:lol @ Samuel L. Bishop.

SamBishop said:
All gold, all the effin' time. I wouldn't stop retrying until I golded 'em. Why I could take that kind of rinse/repeat experience yet not this nor Stuntman is actually a really good question (or at least one raised inadvertently).

I wish I knew why I have no problem Start>Repeating stuff like the GT license tests to get golds or those burning laps, but I think it's that they're just one go. Killing multiple laps only to have the AI **** you over at the last second is what pisses me off, and it was the same with those unbreakable boxes or surgically precise turns in Stuntman.

images.jpg

Not good enough...

Aeon712

ManaByte said:
Got my copy at Best Buy just about an hour ago. They had an entire shelf of copies.
That sucks, when I left work today at 3:30 we had none in stock. All day people were coming in for it. Sony should've made the effort to get it everywhere Tuesday and not Wednesday like The Show.

Kittonwy

Banned
SamBishop said:

Level 4 races are freakin' TOUGH to get gold. Still doable though. Not that most people would bother to play through the whole freakin' 21 ticket tour anyway. I'm still on #17, making improvements.
Indifferent2.gif

Flo_Evans

I went to Best Buy and Gamecrazy and they didn't have it yet. I got home and gamestop called to say it would be in tommorow. I must have pre-ordered it when I got my launch PS3 :lol

If anyone wants to add me that would be great.

My PSN name is Proteus4 and I just picked up a PS3 and will probably have this game on the weekend for some online game action.

Porkepik

I will probably go pick it up at future shop thursday, their flyer sais they will have it on the 8th at 59.99cdn(about 49$us) hope to get a copy and play it a little bit before going to work at 3pm. If anyone wants my PSN Id is porkepik. Hope to see you all online.

Oh btw I liked very much stuntman but was always stuck in the asian level , if motorstorm is only as good as its demo i will be quite happy, I love the damn thing.

It will also be the second game to this day I buy for my ps3 since COD3 in january(finished and resold, I don't like much FPS online)

Top Bottom