• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Punch-Out!! Thread of Reliving Our Childhoods

Raw64life

Don't mind
Aran Ryan
at all. Always liked his character. Every other boxer is so ridiculous that him being a no nonsense fighter kind of is his gimmick and is a nice change of pace from everyone else.

Now watch Next Level make him a drunken loon with a accent even more ridiculous than the other characters.

Aran
is alright I guess, but I really hope
Soda
wasn't cut. He's the character I was most looking forward to seeing in the game. I'm hoping that it's
Mr. Sandman
who was cut. If the remaining three are
Soda, Macho Man and Mr. Dream
, I'll be happy.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Video at Amazon.fr does show a new boxer.
Brown hair in a ponytail. Looks like Aran Ryan but the guy in the vid seemingly has a mustache.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
djtiesto said:
Wow, looks amazing... I am seriously hyped for this one, especially after playing Super Punch Out!! last night @ my friend's and being slightly disappointed (it was my first time in years playing that one).

Why were you disappointed? I'm not saying you should or shouldn't, just asking what triggered the disappointment.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Marvie_3 said:
Trailer looks awesome. Hopefully you can turn off the bird chirping noise. I could see that getting annoying pretty quick.

Speaking of sound effects, there's something I don't quite get: in some of the videos, the fight theme is the normal one, and in others, it's remixed to fit the opponent's nationality. I originally thought the remixes were played in defend the title mode only, but then I watched video in which the remixes were played against normal opponents, namely Glass Joe and Von Kaiser. Some of the videos on the official site have the remixes playing too. The Piston Hondo movie features the Japanese remix, for instance.

Are they unlockables or something?

Marvie_3

Banned
Kilrogg said:
Speaking of sound effects, there's something I don't quite get: in some of the videos, the fight theme is the normal one, and in others, it's remixed to fit the opponent's nationality. I originally thought the remixes were played in defend the title mode only, but then I watched video in which the remixes were played against normal opponents, namely Glass Joe and Von Kaiser. Some of the videos on the official site have the remixes playing too. The Piston Hondo movie features the Japanese remix, for instance.

Are they unlockables or something?
Maybe just changing the music for different trailers? Not sure on that one. Could be unlockables I guess.....

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
syllogism said:
Reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiBER4iVwCw

except worse

e: still can't believe they didn't win the thing

I love the "Who'sa gonna win?"
"I'ma Wario, I'MA GONNA WIN! MWAHAHAHAHA!" :lol

The official ad is funny in its own respect, but I don't like the fact that they gave a face and voice to Little Mac. I like my Little Mac silent :(. Fortunately he doesn't seem to speack in the actual game and cutscenes.

Doc Louis is excellent though :D.

fabprems

scottnak said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEaL8HqufFI

found this ad through go Nintendo... pretty awesome!!
Can't wait to get my hands onto this game

sheeeit.jpg

Median

"A comeback is like a yo-yo. You gonna go down, but you comin' right back up. And then you may end up walking the dog."

:lol

koam

Ninja Scooter said:
afraid Honda will sue? It'd be hilarious if it was for PC reasons considering all the other shit in the game.

Why didn't they just name him Piston Hurricane?

The Main Event said:
Piston Hurricane from Super Punch Out ain't the same dude. He's a black man from Cuba.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Why not use Piston Hurricane instead? It's more about not having to sacrifice the name than who he is. I know they're both different characters, but one guy gets to keep his old name, while the other doesn't. I know it's silly, but sometimes it's the little things that make you happy.

koam

The Main Event said:
Piston Hurricane from Super Punch Out ain't the same dude. He's a black man from Cuba.

My bad, i thought it was the name of piston honda when you refight him in the original.

That ad, it can't be real right? 1:50?

koam said:
My bad, i thought it was the name of piston honda when you refight him in the original.

I think it's just a promo video and not a TV commercial. ;)

If it would be a TV commercial = even more awesome :D

bdouble

koam said:

It could be shown at movie theaters or something. doesn't matter. Its on Youtube. Its free marketing right there. Not that many people will see it though.

Top Bottom