• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Caffeine

he will be back before nintendo at the end of this month and in august before evo and something konami related in august as well me thinks.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
MS in a few years when the PS exclusive Azure game comes out.

metal-gear-damn.gif

Bit of a tangent here, but Sony has already been using MS Azure since 2019 for cloud stuff.

So it's a moot point anyway.

Mr Moose

Bit of a tangent here, but Sony has already been using MS Azure since 2019 for cloud stuff.

So it's a moot point anyway.

[/URL][/URL]
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-that-will-be-unique-and-only-on-playstation/
But the company has grander cloud ambitions, and in 2019 it announced a “strategic partnership” with Microsoft which will see it using the Xbox firm’s Azure data centres for cloud gaming and content streaming services.

Speaking to Nikkei (paywall, translated by VGC) about the deal with Microsoft, which this week started inviting Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to a cloud gaming beta for Windows 10 PCs and Apple devices, PlayStation boss Ryan said Sony was not yet ready to reveal its cloud strategy for PS5, but suggested it was devising a unique offering.

“We’re still having conversations with [Microsoft] about exchanging ideas,” he said. “We’re still talking to them about exchanging ideas, and there’s some very interesting stuff, so when the time is right, we’ll announce our cloud strategy.

“We could conceivably use the cloud for our technical infrastructure, but the cloud gaming experience we’re offering will be unique and only on PlayStation.”
I don't think they've done much with it, yet.

Banned
That's too flat to be a controller, maybe a new Ericson? Sony does all kinds of weird shit with those.

maybe it's simply a cheap remote play thingy that is similar to a Wii U gamepad. that would be kinda neat... at least if the latency is good, which it hasn't been in the past with Sony's remoteplay where even in absolutely best case setups you had 100ms of latency due to their bad streaming tech.

what they could to is include a little HDMI adapter that goes between your PS5 and your TV and sends the video signal through an analog stream to this thing... but not sure if analog tech is advanced enough these days to do that. the Wii U used such an analog video signal method but only at 480p

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

"Sony’s just going to obliterate the portable gaming market, imo."

The only thing they will obliterate is themselves unless they've learned from every Vita mistake. Still in the age of fake mock ups I'm not sure if this will even be a thing just yet but I hope it will.

fjZYiXp.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I loved the PSP back in the day, but slider analogs are a no-go for modern 3d games, imo. No triggers would be crappy, too. Lacking back buttons would be another weak point. This is stuff that works if you're making DS/3DS style games. I rate 4/10 and fake.

Last edited:

reksveks

A Sony handheld has no chance of ‘obliterating the portable gaming market’ while the Switch exists. That’s a nonsensical opinion.
Yeah, I don't think he understands the appeal of a switch or the steamdeck. I do want more competition in the handheld space. I would take a thin client in handheld form for ps now/gamepass but might be better to just get the new kishi and another cheap android phone.

Got steamdeck, switch and kishi v1 currently.

Last edited:

Zannegan

That's the fakest pos handheld ever. Sliding analogue sticks like a 3ds in 2022, gtfoh.

I can't believe people fall for this shit.
I mean, for argument's sake, with a lip that deep it wouldn't be *that* horrendous to use. But given that Sony was the first to put (mini) sticks on a handheld, and that they have a patent for sticks that can sink into the body of a controller/handheld for storage, I'm thinking they can do better than that.

Papacheeks

Banned
That's too flat to be a controller, maybe a new Ericson? Sony does all kinds of weird shit with those.

It has a thumbstick though? And a share button? and Trigger/Bumpers? Unless thats some kind of holster/case for your iphone to play playstation games via playstation app/streaming. That shit looks like a fucking handheld.

If thats a pro-controller then thats a weird ass pro controller.

Rykan

maybe it's simply a cheap remote play thingy that is similar to a Wii U gamepad. that would be kinda neat... at least if the latency is good, which it hasn't been in the past with Sony's remoteplay where even in absolutely best case setups you had 100ms of latency due to their bad streaming tech.

what they could to is include a little HDMI adapter that goes between your PS5 and your TV and sends the video signal through an analog stream to this thing... but not sure if analog tech is advanced enough these days to do that. the Wii U used such an analog video signal method but only at 480p
I would love that so, so much. Thats actually exactly what I want.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
sony obliterate the portable gaming market?

HAHAHA :messenger_tears_of_joy:

if that thing is real it ain't touching the Switch. PSP only hit ~80m and Vita is roughly 15m. Switch is about to obliterate PS4 (107m vs 117m as of last month) if it hasn't already. Sony doesn't make good portable devices. leave that shit to Nintendo they know what they are doing.

Last edited:
sony obliterate the portable gaming market?

HAHAHA :messenger_tears_of_joy:

if that thing is real it ain't touching the Switch. PSP only hit ~80m and Vita is roughly 15m. Switch is about to obliterate PS4 if it hasn't already. Sony doesn't make good portable devices. leave that shit to Nintendo they know what they are doing.
80m is really impressive for a non Nintendo portable.

Sony could do really well on the portable space if they set realistic expectations and made something that didn't require dedicated support. A portable capable of running PS4 games would be perfect to let people play their PlayStation library on the go and wouldn't need to sell nearly 80m to make sense. It's a shame they gave up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom