• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Kokoloko85

None of these guys know shit.
Guess what, we’re gonna get some God of War Ragnarok news soon……………….. my sources tell me its anytime between now and October 2022

My source = MiyazakihatesKojima

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
For the PS5, a 1440p monitor shows a 1080p picture. It's very silly.
maybe if you set ps5 to 1080p.
But for at least 3-4 years now, most if not all 1440p monitors accept 4k singal.
I had few monitors like that. You can set ps5 to 4k and monitor will downscale it to 1440p.
It can look very good because it's downscaling.

Maybe you have some older monitor that don't accept 4k edid. but I know gigabyte, acer and newer lg all support that

But for at least 3-4 years now, most if not all 1440p monitors accept 4k singal.
I had few monitors like that. You can set ps5 to 4k and monitor will downscale it to 1440p.

Maybe you have some older monitor that don't accept 4k edid. but I know gigabyte, acer and newer lg all support that
I have a Samsung Odyssey G7, and I cannot tell the PS5 to output at 4K to it. It is not an older monitor, and it is not entry-level. The fact I can't use 1440p resolution is a problem that could be solved, natively, by maybe a few days' work of a single engineer at Sony.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
iaWeuXy.jpg

I wish i had a hair like his.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I have a couple of 1440p monitors that do this and they do look very nice

In fact most people would only be able to tell the difference if it was sitting side by side to a 4k monitor especially at 27" they look that good

Banned
I have a Samsung Odyssey G7, and I cannot tell the PS5 to output at 4K to it. It is not an older monitor, and it is not entry-level. The fact I can't use 1440p resolution is a problem that could be solved, natively, by maybe a few days' work of a single engineer at Sony.

few days? make that 5 minutes. they already clearly have an internal scaler on the OS side, all you would have to do is to add 1440p to what is most likely 2 lines of code

//DEVIL//

1) I highly doubt many, if anyone is sending her dick pics.
2) Posts like these will result in 100x more pics than if she had said nothing.
3) This is to get social media attention and to jump in on the "fanboys melting down over release date" shit.
Yup to all points. Talk about attention seeking bitches

This is a problem that can be solved, natively, by a few minutes work updating your monitor.

Teamwork makes the dream work: https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/LC27G75TQSCXXK/#downloads

Last edited:
This is a problem that can be solved, natively, by a few minutes work updating your monitor.

Teamwork makes the dream work: https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/LC27G75TQSCXXK/#downloads
Thanks, but I have a firmware later than the one the below site recommends, and 2160p is still grayed out as an option on my PS5. Doesn't work, unless I'm missing something else.

Edit: All this talk and community help has got me wanting to break through the limits of 1080p. Got to be a way to get 1440p somehow, but I don't know what I'm missing!

Last edited:
Thanks, but I have a firmware later than the one the below site recommends, and 2160p is still grayed out as an option on my PS5. Doesn't work, unless I'm missing something else.

Edit: All this talk and community help has got me wanting to break through the limits of 1080p. Got to be a way to get 1440p somehow, but I don't know what I'm missing!
Try turning adaptive sync off in the monitor menu. That’s the only support I could find with a quick google.

Other than that it could be another refresh rate setting or HDMI cable issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

saintjules

Still have the feeling they changed the trailer date at the last second. Maybe Snitch will leak stuff closer to the day of reveals so that it would be too late to change by Sony and/or by devs.

Interfectum

1) I highly doubt many, if anyone is sending her dick pics.
2) Posts like these will result in 100x more pics than if she had said nothing.
3) This is to get social media attention and to jump in on the "fanboys melting down over release date" shit.
Here we go, like clockwork:

Expect a Kotaku article soon on toxic male behavior.

Here we go, like clockwork:

Expect a Kotaku article soon on toxic male behavior.

Dickpicksgate."Unfortunately God of War Ragnarok will have to be delayed to 2023 because crazy fans where harassing devs with pictures of their genitals".

I blame Sony for constantly asking people for pictures of their ears.

Last edited:

Hugare

If I were a "public person", I wouldnt even check my DMs

There are some crazy people out there. God of War or not, people will send you dick pics or worse. It is what it is.

You either grow a thick skin, ignore them or expose them. Complaining on social media will only makes things worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom