• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Hugare

Silent Hill 2 being remade by Bloober and Metal Gear Solid 3 rumored to be remade by Virtuous should have everyone more than a little concerned for how they will turn out.
The game being exclusive won't change that the Studio behind it this Virtuous, that's what people should worry instead if its exclusive or not.
This

Virtuous is terrible

Every project that they've ever touched turned out shit: Arkham games remaster, FF X remaster, Outer Worlds Switch port and etc.

Be cautious, people

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Silent Hill 2 being remade by Bloober and Metal Gear Solid 3 rumored to be remade by Virtuous should have everyone more than a little concerned for how they will turn out.
Not too bad for Virtuous.
Virtuos also developed adaptations of Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita in April 2014. These received an 85% Metacritic score.[11] In December 2014, Virtuos started its operations in Korea.

In July 2016, Virtuos ported Batman: Return To Arkham to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.[12] In February 2017, the company acquired Black Shamrock. In March 2018, it raised $15M and set up a new headquarters and R&D center in Singapore.

Virtuos did art support on 2017's Horizon Zero Dawn and 2022's Horizon Forbidden West.[13][14] In August 2020, Virtuos ported Horizon Zero Dawn to Microsoft Windows.[15]

I am hoping SH2 will be a stand out for Bloober. Not much to really fuck up combat wise, one can only improve a bit but still keep that normal human non action game start weight.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Listen, I don't need you coming in here and making me wrong about something. I'm trying to spread FUD and you're cramping my style.
True, true, I am just trying to be optimistic, even if everything on paper says I should keep my expectations very, very low.

That Singapore studio purchase stands out, since didn't Milly A or someone else say MGS3 was being done at a Singapore studio?

Varteras

Gold Member
True, true, I am just trying to be optimistic, even if everything on paper says I should keep my expectations very, very low.

That Singapore studio purchase stands out, since didn't Milly A or someone else say MGS3 was being done at a Singapore studio?

I know Virtuos is headquartered in Singapore. What studio purchase are you referring to?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I know Virtuos is headquartered in Singapore. What studio purchase are you referring to?
The Black Shamrock one and setting up new R&D headquarters in Singapore.

I thought Virtuous was Shanghai for some reason, but double checked and HQ is Singapore and they were founded in Shanghai.

The thot plickens!

The game being exclusive won't change that the Studio behind it this Virtuous, that's what people should worry instead if its exclusive or not.
Yeah. I’m not expecting great things. They totally fucked up Horizon on PC. To the point where Sony went out and bought the best PC port studio around to minimise shit like that happening again.

Varteras

Gold Member
The Black Shamrock one and setting up new R&D headquarters in Singapore.

I thought Virtuous was Shanghai for some reason, but double checked and HQ is Singapore and they were founded in Shanghai.

The thot plickens!

giphy.gif

Barakov

Varteras said:

XesqueVara said:

Chicago Fire Reaction GIF by ION

This does more than than take winds out of the sail. It completely rips the sail off the mast.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We just got the confirmation that Snitch is a Youtube/Google employee

Ap5dvom.jpg
I thought we all knew he was getting his info from the back-end where companies preload their videos too far in advance like morons.

Which more than likely Konami did with the general video of all the platforms, and Sony's video has it mixed in there which they probably have either a special lock & key relationship with Google/YouTube, or are not uploading it until close to the timeslot.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not too bad for Virtuous.

I am hoping SH2 will be a stand out for Bloober. Not much to really fuck up combat wise, one can only improve a bit but still keep that normal human non action game start weight.

Not too bad but these are all ports of existing games. Handing them off a full remake of MGS3 seems like an incredibly tall ask.

Unless it's not really a remake but more like a Halo: Anniversary / TLoU Part 1 style 'remake'.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't think so? People just wanted a simple remake with modern graphics, that's it.

What do you mean, do you mean like a Halo Anniversary style graphical toggle only?

If they're remaking the game, the odds are very high it will be remade with new assets on a new engine (Fox Engine) and very likely have modernized game play.

MiguelItUp

Watch it be Little Big Planet or Ghost of Tsushima. I refuse to think Bloodborne or Demon's Souls. But of course that'd be awesome.

I'd say TLOU2, but after that TLOU port drama I think July is way too soon since the first came out not long ago.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm sure someone's going to akshully me about how you can totally do it without one, but I can't see it being RnC as an "SSD required" game. Has any game ever done that on PC before?

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Rachet!!!! Let’s go!
Ratchet's probably been pretty much done but waiting for DirectStorage on Windows 11.

I'm sure someone's going to akshully me about how you can totally do it without one, but I can't see it being RnC as an "SSD required" game. Has any game ever done that on PC before?
Yes, there's already more than a bunch of games that have a SSD as minimum spec and will stutter like hell on a HDD.
What Ratchet is bringing is a required move to a NVMe x4 drive that will probably struggle on PCIe 3.0 drives even.

They could alternatively ask for a massive amount of system RAM and VRAM to buffer more assets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom