• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
So I'll never get Forspoken on Xbox? WTF man.

The logic is actually remarkably similar to MS with CoD. Its less about directly starving the competition, its about furthering strategic ambitions leading to an overall state of dominance where any competitor *must* come to terms if they want to prosper.

In the case of MS they have the infrastructure but need the IP to draw the huge market they want into their ecosystem. Sony simply do not have the economic wherewithal to match that, however what they can do is create a stockpile of IP that can be deployed into popular games, into anime, into movies and TV. Because if they have that, they'll always have a seat at the table no matter how the overall market gets carved up.

Of the big Japanese publishers they are by far the best fit.

Last edited:

Astray

I doubt acquisitions get leaked especially from a youtuber.
Yeah idc I still hate that shit with a passion.

Hollywood is literally on fire because of what the subscription + vertical consolidation experiment did (actors + writers are on strike with no end in sight and negotiations have been BITTER with execs openly talking about holding out until those on strike lose their homes), studios are making heavy losses and tax writing off shit into the wood chipper to pay for the mergers..

And that's an industry with powerful unions already entrenched and capable of striking, game devs has basically 0 union power, especially when you consider small indie creators' position in the market.

If you think Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft etc are the ones that will suffer in this phase then think again. It's gonna be creators and consumers and no one else.

1st the product will go to shit, then execs will burn the talent's pay to the ground to recoup their subscription losses.

yurinka

Maybe Sony will announce this week the new PS5 SKU that would be their slim model. My bet is that it would replace the two current SKUs and would be a discless one with the detachable disc drive add-on (sold separatedly). That could be the name of the add-on maybe?

He also could be hinting at Sony acquiring Square or more likely, some studio(s) of Square. It would be funny to announce it the same day MS announces they closed the ABK acquisition.

Or well, maybe he's only making a personal guess that PS will end buying Square, and isn't leaking anything.

Who knows, maybe he's saying that there will be a PlayStation Experience event in September or something else not related to square.

Last edited:
I’d prefer consolidation not to happen, but given how Microsoft have gone and fucked things up, more is inevitable.

If it is SE then it makes sense in many ways. Mobile foothold, successful MMO, lots of RPG IP, opportunities for PlayStation Productions etc.

I suspect Sony will buy two Japanese Publishers. SquareEnix and Capcom seem like the best fit for their ambitions.

Hoping this is the Snitch just being playful.

Reactions: Dis

feynoob

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
The ride is not done.

Kilau

Gold Member
The logic is actually remarkably similar to MS with CoD. Its less about directly starving the competition, its about furthering strategic ambitions leading to an overall state of dominance where any competitor *must* come to terms if they want to prosper.

In the case of MS they have the infrastructure but need the IP to draw the huge market they want into their ecosystem. Sony simply do not have the economic wherewithal to match that, however what they can do is create a stockpile of IP that can be deployed into popular games, into anime, into movies and TV. Because if they have that, they'll always have a seat at the table no matter how the overall market gets carved up.

giphy.webp

feynoob

Sadly they like nfts more than their IPs.

I mean I’m never buying another game console until it’s two generations behind and cheap so I just hope all this consolidation doesn’t effect the PC market even though I know it will.

I'd go with a PS Slim. It's about time to reveal it.

Acquisitions never get leaked and certainly wouldn't be someone like Snitch. I've said in other threads that Sony will probably retaliate by purchasing Square-Enix, but there's no way it'd be leaked and no way they'd just announce it the same week the ABK deal closes.

That'd be about as nutty of an opening salvo for an acquisition war as there can be.

ElCasual

This guy is "leaker" from incomming videos, not true insider. So maybe in the next week will see something from YouTube.

Zok310

Banned
Maybe Sony will announce this week the new PS5 SKU that would be their slim model. My bet is that it would replace the two current SKUs and would be a discless one with the detachable disc drive add-on (sold separatedly). That could be the name of the add-on maybe?

He also could be hinting at Sony acquiring Square or more likely, some studio(s) of Square. It would be funny to announce it the same day MS announces they closed the ABK acquisition.

Or well, maybe he's only making a personal guess that PS will end buying Square, and isn't leaking anything.

Who knows, maybe he's saying that there will be a PlayStation Experience event in September or something else not related to square.
Bro the “x” is a dead give away that its a merger;
Playstation X Bungie
Playstation X Firewalk
…………..

Zok310

Banned
More likely they keep heavily investing in those companies to protect their interests. Sony straight up buying multiple Japanese publishers would be problematic to Nintendo (who they already don't have a great relationship with) and would definitely raise antitrust concerns (in Japan at least).
Nintendo is by and large the market leader in Japan😂😂
Japan regulators will tell nintendo to kick rocks.

Last edited:

yurinka

Bro the “x” is a dead give away that its a merger;
Playstation X Bungie
Playstation X Firewalk
…………..
x is only a letter.

Sony said they moved away the budget they had for this year regarding acquisitions and that will resume them in the mid to long term, so I bet there won't be any acquisition this fiscal year. They always could change their mind or had it ready and waiting for the ABK acquisition stuff to end, but I think won't be the case.

I think that this tease is more likely to be about PlayStation Slim announcement or that he was only guessing stuff.

This guy is "leaker" from incomming videos, not true insider.
He's the only leaker with 100% insider info accuracy. Never has been wrong.

We'll see what this means in a few days, and very likely not what we think.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
But going by Snitch's record, this might be a PlayStation Showcase or a State of Play.

Both end up having the same characters: P x S | S x P.

LakeOf9

If that is what he was teasing then that's hilarious, we had Sony fanboys going rock hard at the idea that Sony would buy Square, and it was about a Pokemon mobile game about sleeping :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kilau

Gold Member
So he’s just trolling now? Probably should ban him as a source until he’s able to see new YouTube uploads.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The dude is on full damage control now.

All of this wouldnt be happening if he just stopped using fucking riddles on his leaks

YLBXi7t.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Had P and S in his tweet, so it has a higher probability of being something about PlayStation.

It had P X S so it's likely two different words.

Considering there's a lot of rumors about a new Persona fighting game, this is a lot more likely to be Persona Strikers, IMO.

Why do you have a foot obsession?

waltergotme.gif

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It had P X S so it's likely two different words.

Considering there's a lot of rumors about a new Persona fighting game, this is a lot more likely to be Persona Strikers, IMO.

waltergotme.gif
Could be. But the 1st P could also stand for PlayStation. Also, P X S if read as PXS could also be a play at PlayStation Experience.

All speculations though, obviously.

Top Bottom