• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "The Snitch (@insider_wtf)" Leaker Thread

Fanboy fantasy? LoL. People had issues with Persona 5 coming to Xbox. Now for a lot of Sony fanboys FF is final frontier of exclusivity (especially with MS swallowing a huge chunk of WRPG market) :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As soon as FF goes multiplatform, there is nothing else that Sony can even moneyhat in Japan anymore.

Yes it is a fanboy fantasy unless you can take those games away from PlayStation. I’m definitely not going to slit my wrists anytime soon due to this. I think it’s great that others can enjoy the games that I’ve played.

Last edited:
Yes it is a fanboy fantasy unless you can take those games away from PlayStation. I’m definitely not going to slit my wrists anytime soon due to this. I think it’s great that others can enjoy the games that I’ve played.
People went mental just by Kojima making exclusive game for Xbox :messenger_tears_of_joy: Anyway, whether you agree or not - does not matter.

Last edited:
Did they?
I mean I'm a big Kojima fan but "Please be patient because I have nothing to show you"
isn't anything to rattle any cages.

Honestly it reminds me of Squares please be excited speech.

If the trailer is already made show it already.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TGO

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Fanboy fantasy? LoL. People had issues with Persona 5 coming to Xbox. Now for a lot of Sony fanboys FF is final frontier of exclusivity (especially with MS swallowing a huge chunk of WRPG market) :messenger_tears_of_joy:
As soon as FF goes multiplatform, there is nothing else that Sony can even moneyhat in Japan anymore.
cool down.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I love Hideo and his games but that was straight bullshit. I hope he doesn’t do the same with Sony.
His is probably busy on current projects and MS approach him and he agreed.
But ya know, he needs to finish his other projects first so "please be patient"
What year that'll be is another thing, buy the "please be patient" part doesn't sound like it'll be anytime soon.

Shifty1897

So either a Crisis Core Remaster or FF7R coming to more platforms, but if it's FF7R it's weird they would include Sony in the tweet which has FF7R already, and a Switch port would have to be a cloud version. Also weird pic to choose for a FF7R leak.

Crisis Core Remastered!

His is probably busy on current projects and MS approach him and he agreed.
But ya know, he needs to finish his other projects first so "please be patient"
What year that'll be is another thing, buy the "please be patient" part doesn't sound like it'll be anytime soon.

Yeah I guess but it still makes me mad that he didn’t share anything. Like what the game is called or the type for example.

He liked this tweet:

So it looks like its Crisis core.

I can only imagine if FF7R doesn’t come to Xbox it’s because Square doesn’t care, Microsoft didn’t offer them enough cash or due to the deal they have with Sony. Can’t think of any other reason why the Remake wouldn’t come to Xbox.

Darsxx82

I can only imagine if FF7R doesn’t come to Xbox it’s because Square doesn’t care, Microsoft didn’t offer them enough cash or due to the deal they have with Sony. Can’t think of any other reason why the Remake wouldn’t come to Xbox.

I don't see any reason for Square not to release FFXVIIR on Xbox other than SONY paying for it not to do so, which is the most obvious and clear.

Square has released all the recent FF, KH and other titles that would make much more sense not to release on Xbox. Releasing Crisis Core on XBOX and not FFXVIIR is also a clear sign that Square does care about XBOX.....until "someone" offers him some "reason" to stop caring.

Pedro Motta

Crisis Core Remastered!!! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh Yeah Lol GIF by Focus Features

I don't see any reason for Square not to release FFXVIIR on Xbox other than SONY paying for it not to do so, which is the most obvious and clear.

Square has released all the recent FF, KH and other titles that would make much more sense not to release on Xbox. Releasing Crisis Core on XBOX and not FFXVIIR is also a clear sign that Square does care about XBOX.....until "someone" offers him some "reason" to stop caring.

What I’m wondering is how the heck is Xbox going to have Part 2 instead of Part 1?

Kilau

Maybe Sony paid to have it console exclusive until it’s finished.

They seem to have a bug up their butt over the game.

Lognor

Banned
People always go mental over exclusives. Look what happened with Death Stranding.

I’m fine with Kojima making an Xbox game but are you okay with Kojima making a PlayStation one?
I am. I think he's highly overrated. Looking forward to overdose though! I like a good horror game and I heard good things about pt. Odd that kojima decided to make that spiritual successor for Xbox though

I am. I think he's highly overrated. Looking forward to overdose though! I like a good horror game and I heard good things about pt. Odd that kojima decided to make that spiritual successor for Xbox though

I’m not sure there are also rumors of the horror game being made for PlayStation as well, I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

Darsxx82

What I’m wondering is how the heck is Xbox going to have Part 2 instead of Part 1?
It is quite clear that Sony has made a strong commitment to making FF (its great titles) exclusive to PS5 and away from XBOX until they cease to have an effect.

If Part1 is not announced tomorrow on Xbox, it is clear that part 2 will be exclusive to PS again and will not be released on XBox

Said that, what seems strange to me is that tomorrow there will be an event just to announce cross-platform CrisisCore. And for PS5 exclusive Part 2 to be announced and not doing it at a Sony event would also be weird...

We will see.

Darsxx82

Maybe Sony paid to have it console exclusive until it’s finished.

They seem to have a bug up their butt over the game.
It is quite clear yo me that Sony has made a strong commitment to making FF (its great titles) exclusive to PS5 this Generation and away from XS until they cease to have an effect....

It is quite clear that Sony has made a strong commitment to making FF (its great titles) exclusive to PS5 and away from XBOX until they cease to have an effect.

If Part1 is not announced tomorrow on Xbox, it is clear that part 2 will be exclusive to PS again and will not be released on XBox

Said that, what seems strange to me is that tomorrow there will be an event just to announce cross-platform CrisisCore. And for PS5 exclusive Part 2 to be announced and not doing it at a Sony event would also be weird...

We will see.

Maybe they will give us some weird teaser of Part 2 and then reveal the game fully at a PlayStation showcase.

But yes I don’t see them announcing a Part 2 for Xbox without also showing a Part 1. As for Crisis Core that game was released a long time ago. Whatever agreements Sony had with Square over it might not even apply anymore.

Banned
Maybe they will give us some weird teaser of Part 2 and then reveal the game fully at a PlayStation showcase.

But yes I don’t see them announcing a Part 2 for Xbox without also showing a Part 1. As for Crisis Core that game was released a long time ago. Whatever agreements Sony had with Square over it might not even apply anymore.

also... *wink wink* Crisis Core is easily playable on Xbox... *caugh*

also... *wink wink* Crisis Core is easily playable on Xbox... *caugh*

Why they are talking about a remake and not a rerelease. You do know the difference right?

Edit: Oh nvm your talking about piracy unless you make a legal backup of the PSP version.

Anyways I wouldn’t call that being easily available like your suggesting.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I’m not sure there are also rumors of the horror game being made for PlayStation as well, I guess we have to wait and see what happens.
Some insider all but confirmed the Xbox game is overdose. The ps game is death Stranding 2. I suppose they could go with a more horror theme in the second game...

Some insider all but confirmed the Xbox game is overdose. The ps game is death Stranding 2. I suppose they could go with a more horror theme in the second game...

He didn’t really confirm it though. I already read Toms article. He’s basically speculating that it’s the game. Then there’s the gamematsu publisher that confined a horror game for PlayStation.

Only a select few know for sure but that Ragnaroks delay it’s not 100% confirmed yet.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't know if you're trolling, but you're correct lol

Final Fantasy Crisis Core is apparently getting a remake/remaster
Han Solo Flirting GIF

Nah I wasn't Trolling, it really was obvious.
Plus Red was definitely the Switch and FFVIIR not gonna happen on that so must be something the Switch can run and that a Mobile game, small black box?
Connect the dots and you have PS/XB/SW/M
Why was it confirmed??

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
He didn’t really confirm it though. I already read Toms article. He’s basically speculating that it’s the game. Then there’s the gamematsu publisher that confined a horror game for PlayStation.

Only a select few know for sure but that Ragnaroks delay it’s not 100% confirmed yet.
I didn't see any gamematsu article saying kojima is making a horror game for ps5. I saw something about them speculating he was working on Silent Hill for ps5 but said they also had conflicting info that he was working on an Xbox title. So they were obviously wrong on the former.

That plus Norman reedus confirming they've started working on ds2 pretty much confirms it.

Sounds like Kojima is finishing up the one horror game he's working on (overdose for Xbox) and starting on ds2 for ps5.

FingerBang

Han Solo Flirting GIF

Nah I wasn't Trolling, it really was obvious.
Plus Red was definitely the Switch and FFVIIR not gonna happen on that so must be something the Switch can run and that a Mobile game, small black box?
Connect the dots and you have PS/XB/SW/M
Why was it confirmed??
As far as I know it's happening, whereas FFVIIR isn't coming to Xbox any time soon.
I imagine we'll see it at the anniversary event.

Reactions: TGO
I didn't see any gamematsu article saying kojima is making a horror game for ps5. I saw something about them speculating he was working on Silent Hill for ps5 but said they also had conflicting info that he was working on an Xbox title. So they were obviously wrong on the former.

That plus Norman reedus confirming they've started working on ds2 pretty much confirms it.

Sounds like Kojima is finishing up the one horror game he's working on (overdose for Xbox) and starting on ds2 for ps5.

This one?

Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer. That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous, who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rum...nia-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

I’m not saying anything about the Xbox title in that article.

Also Kojima was still alive after DS1. I’m sure he was working on something since then. As for Overdose we haven’t see the trailer yet so who knows what it’s for,

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
This one?

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/rum...nia-metal-gear-solid-and-silent-hill-revivals

I’m not saying anything about the Xbox title in that article.

Also Kojima was still alive after DS1. I’m sure he was working on something since then. As for Overdose we haven’t see the trailer yet so who knows what it’s for,
And that article is close to 9 months old! No one else has backed up the rumor and they haven't followed up on it. It was clearly a fake rumor.

Why are you so adamant the he's NOT working on ds2? Didn't you enjoy the first game? You did? Great! You'll get more of that with ds2, Kojima's next ps game. After he releases overdose on Xbox, pc, and streaming.

And that article is close to 9 months old! No one else has backed up the rumor and they haven't followed up on it. It was clearly a fake rumor.

Why are you so adamant the he's NOT working on ds2? Didn't you enjoy the first game? You did? Great! You'll get more of that with ds2, Kojima's next ps game. After he releases overdose on Xbox, pc, and streaming.

Oh no I just want him to make a Silent Hill game. I really like the franchise more than I like you to be honest. Want me to give you a back rub?

Edit: With or without queso?

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Back onto Crisis Core Remastered, it actually makes a lot of sense given FF7R's ending.

Crisis Core was never available digitally for some reason, so you couldn't play it on Vita. You pretty much had to have a PSP that could read UMD's (remember the PSP Go that was digital only? Lol) and a physical copy of the game, so not a ton of people (legally) played it or remember the story today.

How does years old games being ported mean sony can't moneyhat anymore. You ever heard of something called NEW releases? You know, games that ain't years old already? Let's celebrate xbox getting deathloop this year too! Xbox gets its own first party games on a delay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom