• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "What did you get for Christmas?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year again! List all the junk you recieved for Christmas!

While it's still only Christmas Eve, I got a few gifts this morning:

Moon Child DVD (hey, I happen to like this movie :p)
Amano: The Complete Prints
$25 Borders Giftcard

Littleberu said:
WTF. We're supposed to receive gift on the 25th, not the 24th.

For as long as I can remember I've always gotten a couple small gifts on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas Day. And I always exchange gifts with friends on Christmas Eve, leaving Christmas Day for a family event.

I didn't realize there was a certain Christmas code everyone had to follow. *rolls eyes*

Stay on topic!

And for your information, it happens to be the 25th in Japan. Those folks will be waking up soon, I'd like to hear what they received.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
It's the 25th here in Australia (1:53AM) but no presents have being unwrapped yet (i actually just wrapped the ones i bought). However i know for sure that i'm getting RotK:EE DVD and maybe a GC game (Tales, Paper Mario, Donkey Konga) or some other DVDs (Princess Mononoke, Laputa, The Good the Bad and the Ugly:Collectors edition).

GamerDiva

Banned
A couple of thongs, assorted bras, MGS3, belly button ring, a couple of DVDs, countless cards, lottery tickets, gift certificates, socks, ear muffs. Boring stuff! :)

signet

Xbox:
SW:KotOR2
Out Run 2
DOA: Ult

PC:
WoW
EQ2

PS2:
MGS3
Taiko Drummaster
Jak 3
Alien Hominid
GitS:SAC
Gundam Battle Assault 3

BarneyBP

I got some money early so I went over to Meijer to take advantage of their buy one, get one half off deal. Purchased Mario Power Tennis and Baten Kaitos for $75, then used two of those "Santa Bucks" ten dollar coupons from the advertisement to bring that price down to $55...

Merry Christmas Meijer! :lol

Tomorrow I get a Sony Cybershot digital camera and Wacom Graphire drawing tablet :)

olimario

Banned
EARLY CHRISTMAS!
THIS IS FROM ONE PERSON!

xmas15da.jpg

xmas21wg.jpg

xmas35bl.jpg

xmas45dp.jpg

demi

I was half-expecting Olimario to pose nude in the reflection of that giant M&M.

You know, like those eBay auctions.

carpal

So far just a *really* fucking nice glass piece from my buddies. I'll be damned if it isn't one of the nicest gifts I've ever recieved. I'm looking forward to giving out the rest of my gifts over the next day or so, as I have no idea what the family has in store for me.

Plankton

I recieved $200.

Which all of it goes straight into fixing my car. (About 3 weeks ago I was driving in the wet and I took a corner to fast and slid out of control and hit a side railing type fence)

The damage will cost me more than $1,000 but this $200 overall I have recieved helps a lot :)

Tarazet

I already know that I got Baten Kaitos (GC) and a new, custom-built low piano bench which will arrive in 6 days. Other than that, I have no idea what I'm getting.

Richiban

So far I've just recieved Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from a friend, but that's about it.

It's going to be a quiet Christmas, that's for sure, but I'm spending it with family and that's what matters.

DCX

DCX
Since most of the things i'm getting, i'm getting myself this will be easy.

- Yager-XBX
- ESPN College Hoops 2K5-XBX
- Animal Crossing-GCN
- Soul Calibur II-XBX
- Spider-Man 2 DVD
- FRIENDS Season 7 (from parents)
- Panasonic Personal CD/MP3/AM/FM Player
- RCA AM/FM Alarm Clock
- Old Navy T-Shirt
- MAF T-Shirt
- Atlanta Falcons Vick EQT Jersey
- Torque Gift from the babysitter (looks like a DVD or game)
- ??? MISC Gifts from friends...

DCX

i already received a bedroom set complete with all the furniture. as for everything else, i'll find out tomorrow.

here's what i got zee family members...

dad: cigars, tennisballs
mom: certificate for manicure/pedicure, dvd's

mom & dad: $150 certificate to mortons

grandpa: $50 certificate for lowes
granma: coach purse

aunt: assortment of bath and body works..

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Olimario how much does that shower CD player cost? And how good is it? I need something like that for myself, showers can get too boring sometimes...

...and don't throw in any wanking-off jokes here, that shit's been done!

kitchenmotors said:
Ok, seriously. I could care less. I'm not religious, stay on topic or get out.

If you could care less than I believe I should discuss the birth of Jesus until you cannot, could not, would not care less.

# And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Agustus, that all the world should be taxed.
# (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
# And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
# And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
# To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
# And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
# And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
# And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
# And, Lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
# And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be unto all people.
# For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
# And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in Swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
# And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host praising God, and saying,
# Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
# And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
# And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
# And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
# And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
# But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
# And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

991230-buddy.jpg

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
While I'm not actually getting these until tomorrow, my in-laws ordered these from my Amazon wishlist:

B0000AYJXS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Educational Archives Lunchbox
B0000714AC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

0859653145.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

GamerDiva

Banned
Lemurnator said:
If you could care less than I believe I should discuss the birth of Jesus until you cannot, could not, would not care less.

# And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Agustus, that all the world should be taxed.
# (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
# And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
# And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
# To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
# And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
# And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
# And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
# And, Lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
# And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be unto all people.
# For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
# And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in Swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
# And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of heavenly host praising God, and saying,
# Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
# And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
# And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
# And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
# And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
# But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
# And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.

991230-buddy.jpg

<YAWN> :)

That being said.

iRiver H320

CD Cases

CDs

The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Cream - Disrali Gears
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Queen - Queen
Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien
George Harrison - Cloud 9
Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door
Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion
Steely Dan - Aja

GamerDiva

Banned
Lemurnator said:
The Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
U2 - The Joshua Tree
Cream - Disrali Gears
Eric Clapton Unplugged
Queen - Queen
Joe Satriani - Surfing With the Alien
George Harrison - Cloud 9
Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door
Guns n' Roses - Use Your Illusion
Steely Dan - Aja

That's a case great collection but listening to older music won't magically make you go from 13 to 30 sweetie. :)

3phemeral

GamerDiva said:
That's a case great collection but listening to older music won't magically make you go from 13 to 30 sweetie. :)

Sounds like you need calm down just a tad, no? Picking on Lemurs doesn't magically substantiate your maturity either.

In other matters, I won't open my gifts until tomorrow morning.

olimario

Banned
Badabing said:
Olimario how much does that shower CD player cost? And how good is it? I need something like that for myself, showers can get too boring sometimes...

...and don't throw in any wanking-off jokes here, that shit's been done!

I know they aren't expensive... You should invest in one... they rock.

GamerDiva

Banned
3pheMeraLmiX said:
Sounds like you need calm down just a tad, no? Picking on Lemurs doesn't magically substantiate your maturity either.

Oh no. She started this for no reason. I never said age correlates to maturity. Guess though that in her case it does because she attacked me for no reason. Just having fun. :)

olimario

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
You should beat them for giving you Yo Robot! and Napoleon Dynamite.

I-Robot is fun if you don't take it seriously.
Napoleon Dynamite is slow, but pretty funny.
I like em.

I like the Supes episodes even more, though.

Triumph

Banned
GamerDiva said:
Oh no. She started this for no reason. I never said age correlates to maturity. Guess though that in her case it does because she attacked me for no reason. Just having fun. :)
Look, we KNOW Lemurs is hot Filipino jailbait. We're not sure on you yet. So we're regretfully going to have to back her on this one. I'm sure you understand, it's not that we don't LIKE you, it's that we're just not sure you're, you, know, A CHICK.

Plus, who lists undergarments as Christmas gifts... a chick or somebody that looks like Carl from ATHF trying to impersonate a chick? Just saying.

GamerDiva

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Look, we KNOW Lemurs is hot Filipino jailbait. We're not sure on you yet. So we're regretfully going to have to back her on this one. I'm sure you understand, it's not that we don't LIKE you, it's that we're just not sure you're, you, know, A CHICK.

I understand.

Raoul Duke said:
Plus, who lists undergarments as Christmas gifts... a chick or somebody that looks like Carl from ATHF trying to impersonate a chick? Just saying.

A secure woman? :)

xsarien

daedsiluap
olimario said:
I-Robot is fun if you don't take it seriously.

This only works on movies that don't take themselves seriously, like Kill Bill.

Anyway, my holiday bounty is the same as it is every year, a whole mess of gift cards. My family and friends know that I don't mind, that I often encourage it because I'm, quite possibly, the most impossible-to-shop-for person on this entire mudball called Earth.

Falch

This is what I know for sure my parents got me:

6305949980.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00003CXE7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

DTS version. :D

B00003RQND.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Complete 1st season

B000066JRQ.01-A1VC38T7YXB528.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is what I bought for myself:

specbox.jpg

ICO Special Limited Edition Box (PAL)

B00007LV7Z.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00012TIVY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B0000664JG.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

999.jpg

This one should arrive next week:
200564.jpg

I got all these games at half-price, or less. I just went on a buying spree, something I don't normally do. :lol

I also got two consoles cables, so I can hook my GC and PS2 up to the receiver, when we get a surround set next month. Together with the new 32" philips tv we got, I'm all set. Too bad I only have one week of holiday, and a huge load of homework.

Full screen version!?!? :lol

Falch

Why is Full Screen so funny? I don't want to play widescreen if I don't have a widescreen TV.

I'm not going to debate that, it's just a personal preference. I want to see the movie the way it was meant to be seen, not with 40% missing. To each its own though.

xsarien, I don't actually. I don't think so, it was only 8 euro. Perhaps it was the regular edition I bought, that was just the first picture I found searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom