• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The OFFICIAL Who got Shot/Stabbed/Killed/Called Scum Waiting for PS3 Thread!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Post all news and events that pertain to the topic in this thread, can help clean the board up a little.

:)

Alts

I got a number of nasty looks walking by Best Buy, but all in all, it is a much friendlier crowd than during the TRU presales. Those guys were just assholes, and proud of it.

I am currently in a parking lot outside a Sony Style store. The line starts at midnight. They only have like 25 PS3s. There are about 70 teens or 20-somethings milling around. An unknown number more camped in their cars.

So how does the 'line start at midnight'? A mad rush? My current plan is to dash from my car to the store as midnight nears.

This will not end well. :-(

GhaleonEB

speculawyer said:
I am currently in a parking lot outside a Sony Style store. The line starts at midnight. They only have like 25 PS3s. There are about 70 teens or 20-somethings milling around. An unknown number more camped in their cars.

So how does the 'line start at midnight'? A mad rush? My current plan is to dash from my car to the store as midnight nears.

Bolded for truth. Good luck - I hope nothing bad happens.

mj1108

Alts said:
I got a number of nasty looks walking by Best Buy, but all in all, it is a much friendlier crowd than during the TRU presales. Those guys were just assholes, and proud of it.

Haha...no kidding.... I walk by them here at BB, Target, CC....and they all look like gangsters.

speculawyer said:

Be careful! You don't want to end up like the guy who ran into a post at Wal-Mart and had to be taken to the hospital.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/816150.html

:lol

speculawyer said:

You need to create a diversion.

Joe Molotov

There was this little fight at one of my local stores. It wasn't bad, but one guy's mom freaked out and made him leave. I think she said something about sending him to live with his aunt and uncle that live like out in Beverly Hills or something.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
quadriplegicjon said:
i was raped. so i guess i shouldnt really be posting in this thread.

The OFFICIAL Who got Shot/Stabbed/Killed/Called Scum Waiting for PS3 Thread!

speculawyer said:

I bailed because I don't think they were going to let me rush from my car. They were going throw everyone off the private mall property around 10pm and then let people walk ('powerwalk') from the street to the store at midnight. It was a mob nearing a 100 for 15 or so PS3s.

Most of the crowd was half my age . . . I'm sure they want it much more than me.

Rocksteady33

Well after unsuccessfully trying to find any place in the nation to find a store that had a PS3, I gave up on trying to find one. However I went with a couple of buddies of mine to the Hopkins Target in Minnesota and there were roughly 15 people there. Ahead of time we printed out pretty shitty replicas of the box art on the actual system and brought them with us into the Target. In there we bought some cheap o kitchen appliance that had roughly the same size box as the PS3.

After we paid for it we took the scans of the box and taped them to the box making it look like a PS3. We then continued to run outside of the store screaming "They're selling them early!" and ran by all of them with it in one of our hands (moving quickly enough so they couldn't see that it was a fake.) All of them got up and RUSHED the door and all of them were pushing and shoving eachother to get inside of the door (keep in mind the store was only supposed to get about 8 or 9). Three guys got knocked down outside of the building, one apparently sprained his ankle, originally claiming it was broken, however I think he was just trying to get pity to ensure a system. After all of it two of the guys were kicked out, and one was handcuffed by a near by cop, but then later let go. Afterwards they pretty much all threatended to kill us because we had to stick around to their disappointment.

We left the box their for them, and within a couple of minutes one of the guys burned it. :)

And the best part was that only one of them was actually keeping the damn thing. Serves them right.

penguini

Banned
Rocksteady33 said:
Well after unsuccessfully trying to find any place in the nation to find a store that had a PS3, I gave up on trying to find one. However I went with a couple of buddies of mine to the Hopkins Target in Minnesota and there were roughly 15 people there. Ahead of time we printed out pretty shitty replicas of the box art on the actual system and brought them with us into the Target. In there we bought some cheap o kitchen appliance that had roughly the same size box as the PS3.

After we paid for it we took the scans of the box and taped them to the box making it look like a PS3. We then continued to run outside of the store screaming "They're selling them early!" and ran by all of them with it in one of our hands (moving quickly enough so they couldn't see that it was a fake.) All of them got up and RUSHED the door and all of them were pushing and shoving eachother to get inside of the door (keep in mind the store was only supposed to get about 8 or 9). Three guys got knocked down outside of the building, one apparently sprained his ankle, originally claiming it was broken, however I think he was just trying to get pity to ensure a system. After all of it two of the guys were kicked out, and one was handcuffed by a near by cop, but then later let go. Afterwards they pretty much all threatended to kill us because we had to stick around to their disappointment.

We left the box their for them, and within a couple of minutes one of the guys burned it. :)

And the best part was that only one of them was actually keeping the damn thing. Serves them right.

If true, then :lol :lol :lol

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
launchqueueftl.jpg

Rocksteady33 said:

You're lucky nobody got seriously hurt, or your ass would have been liable.

Naomi

Rocksteady33 said:

No video? :lol

Madame M

Banned
Haha, I like the fake PS3 story. It sounds hilarious. However, you lost me when you bashed the eBay fellows.

The eBay guys are awesome.

xaosslug

Rocksteady33 said:

the very definition of MORAN. :::wags head:::

Alts

Speculawyer, the Stanford Sony Style store was perhaps the worst cluster**** of organization ever. Disaster. They handed out rules for getting PS3s. The line was to be determined by... a speedwalking race. Baffled, I tied my shoes tight and practiced my technique. Later, they announced it was going to be a lottery, and the crowd grew from 60 to about 200ish in about an hour. Disgusting. Needless to say, I didn't get one. Pictures coming soon.

bazooie

speculawyer said:

Yeah, I was at the same location with my wife, and it was the most unorganized fiasco I've ever encountered. The mall security had a page full of obnoxious rules that didn't make any sense. It was starting to look ugly, so I left.

Update: They wisened up, and held a raffle.

patrickthehedgehog said:
I dont see how. It's not his fault these people are rabid enough to run over eachother.
It's the same thing as shouting FIRE in a crowded place, if someone gets trampled your ass is in jail for causing that.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I just got back from the White Marsh, MD Best Buy. It was crazy!!!! Last year there was a riot and someone got stabbed for a 360 so there were a couple of news people there to see what would happen this year. It probably will be Youtubed at some point. I certainly hope it is. Here is what happened.

I mentioned in another thread that the property manager didn't want anyone one the property before 5am and that the cops threatened to lock people up and tow cars.

Well...the cops kept their word and threw everyone off the property at 12am and then sealed off all of the entrances to the area. They told people they had to wait across the street. There were at least 300-400 people standing across the street waiting for 5am so they could run across the street and across the parking lot like maniacs. There were at least a dozen cop cars patroling the area to keep people out.

I knew I didn't stand a chance at beating all of those people in a race so I decided to take another approach. I had my friend drop me off on I-95 which runs right next to the store. Its only a few hundred feet from the entrace. As soon as I got out of the car I was able to see that the people who were across the street were now running towards the store. It was 4:30. The cops let them in early. I ran down the hill, and booked it up there. I was one of the first people in line.

About 45 minutes later a woman with whom I spoke with earlier at around 11pm offered me $400 for my spot in line because she was desperate to get one for her kids. I took the money. I'd be stupid not to, IMO. When I left I noticed trash everywhere and some damage to some trash cans and benches and stuff that was caused by the people running through the lot. The woman who owns the property's plan apparently backfired. Now instead of any damage being limited to BB its spread across the entire area.

Now I'm getting ready to go pick up my 20GB PS3 from EB. I really didn't want the 20GB (they f'ed up my pre-order) and I planned on letting someone else have it if I got a 60GB from BB but I figure the $400 was more than enough to cover the cost of a wireless bridge, a larger hdd, and a Wii.

robot

People buying spots in line is just crazy. My cousin sold his spot for $700 at a local walmart - the best part is it was only for a raincheck. The guy didn't seem to care.

Rocksteady33 said:

If you are telling the truth, then you should go to jail for inciting a riot.

Naomi

There was a shooting (with a real gun) during a robbery attempt in Connecticut at a Walmart PS3 line. One person in the hospital. According to CNN.

Zep

Banned
In West Bend, Wis., a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

Im sorry but :lol ...Thats some cartoon shit there.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
MickeyKnox said:
It's the same thing as shouting FIRE in a crowded place, if someone gets trampled your ass is in jail for causing that.
'Cept the part where a fire is something that is an actual legitimate threat to people's lives. Not getting a PS3 is somewhat lower on the "something that could kill you" scale.

Top Bottom