• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The OFFICIAL Who got Shot/Stabbed/Killed/Called Scum Waiting for PS3 Thread!

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
MegaTen said:
I heard that someone people at the Best Buy in my town had balloons filled with mouse urine thrown at them.

Someone must have been working for months on filling those.

Terrell

MarvinTacoma said:
One person shot while waiting in the PS3 line. Sorry if it's already been posted or something.
Wow. Hopefully the kid isn't gonna die, that'd be really sad. And this would go down as the worst console launch in history for having a fatality associated with it, Sony's stock price would plummet, politicians would have something to point to regarding correlations between real-world violence and video games... NO good has come of any of this crap.

MegaTen said:
I heard that someone people at the Best Buy in my town had balloons filled with mouse urine thrown at them.

Just when you think they've hit rock bottom, the shovels and dynamite come out.

bill0527

Terrell said:
Wow. Hopefully the kid isn't gonna die, that'd be really sad. And this would go down as the worst console launch in history for having a fatality associated with it, Sony's stock price would plummet, politicians would have something to point to regarding correlations between real-world violence and video games... NO good has come of any of this crap.

The sad thing is, most of the people in these lines aren't even gamers. They're greedy capitalists. Video gaming and gamers will wrongly get the blame again.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Rocksteady33 said:
Well after unsuccessfully trying to find any place in the nation to find a store that had a PS3, I gave up on trying to find one. However I went with a couple of buddies of mine to the Hopkins Target in Minnesota and there were roughly 15 people there. Ahead of time we printed out pretty shitty replicas of the box art on the actual system and brought them with us into the Target. In there we bought some cheap o kitchen appliance that had roughly the same size box as the PS3.

After we paid for it we took the scans of the box and taped them to the box making it look like a PS3. We then continued to run outside of the store screaming "They're selling them early!" and ran by all of them with it in one of our hands (moving quickly enough so they couldn't see that it was a fake.) All of them got up and RUSHED the door and all of them were pushing and shoving eachother to get inside of the door (keep in mind the store was only supposed to get about 8 or 9). Three guys got knocked down outside of the building, one apparently sprained his ankle, originally claiming it was broken, however I think he was just trying to get pity to ensure a system. After all of it two of the guys were kicked out, and one was handcuffed by a near by cop, but then later let go. Afterwards they pretty much all threatended to kill us because we had to stick around to their disappointment.

We left the box their for them, and within a couple of minutes one of the guys burned it. :)

And the best part was that only one of them was actually keeping the damn thing. Serves them right.

I'm honestly not sure who is stupider in this story...

cicero

MegaTen said:
And they knew it was mouse urine because...? I don't think I ever want to meet someone that actually has such a finely tuned deduction process when it comes to mouse urine.

DarienA

How long does it take to collect enough mouse urine to fill one let alone a few balloons?

DarienA said:
How long does it take to collect enough mouse urine to fill one let alone a few balloons?

Maybe they had a farm or something? They farm mouse urine...yeah. Or better yet they work in a laboratory and they used all of the urine samples from lab rats(or mice?) to fill the balloons.

Shit like this is so amazing
ly stupid
I can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

EktorPR

Star Tribune said:
An assistant manager announced to a crowd of about 50 people that the store was only going to receive about 10 of the Sony PlayStation 3 game consoles and the store official placed 10 chairs outside of the store, police said.

At the signal, the customers were told to run to try to occupy one of the chairs to be able to buy the system at 12:01 a.m. on Friday.

A 19-year-old man ran into a pole and struck his head, injuring himself. He was taken to the hospital for treatment, police said.

What. The. ****.

I seriously can't believe this. In what society are we living in? Prehistoric? Oh my God...

EktorPR said:
What. The. ****.

I seriously can't believe this. In what society are we living in? Prehistoric? Oh my God...

My faith in humanity truly can not sink any lower. It is currently boiling in the center of the earth. I'm at a complete loss for words.

Lo-Volt

PepsimanVsJoe said:
My faith in humanity truly can not sink any lower. It is currently boiling in the center of the earth. I'm at a complete loss for words.

Wait until Black Friday (only 7 days to crash through the bottom)! :-O

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Pureauthor said:
20061117.jpg

second panel is absolutely priceless :lol :lol

MegaTen said:

Mouse urine? Did a CSI unit come with their mammal urine test kit? WTF?

I wanna meet the guy that sits around and collects enough mouse urine to fill balloons with it. And he must have a special mouse urine pump for getting the pressure needed to fill those balloons. :lol

The mouse urine aspect is hysterical but full of holes.

Kodiak said:
second panel is absolutely priceless :lol :lol

What does he have there? It looks like Gears of War and Splinter Cell: DA. Good point made . . . those two titles beat any two titles from the PS3 launch line-up.

Rocksteady33 said:
Well after unsuccessfully trying to find any place in the nation to find a store that had a PS3, I gave up on trying to find one. However I went with a couple of buddies of mine to the Hopkins Target in Minnesota and there were roughly 15 people there. Ahead of time we printed out pretty shitty replicas of the box art on the actual system and brought them with us into the Target. In there we bought some cheap o kitchen appliance that had roughly the same size box as the PS3.

After we paid for it we took the scans of the box and taped them to the box making it look like a PS3. We then continued to run outside of the store screaming "They're selling them early!" and ran by all of them with it in one of our hands (moving quickly enough so they couldn't see that it was a fake.) All of them got up and RUSHED the door and all of them were pushing and shoving eachother to get inside of the door (keep in mind the store was only supposed to get about 8 or 9). Three guys got knocked down outside of the building, one apparently sprained his ankle, originally claiming it was broken, however I think he was just trying to get pity to ensure a system. After all of it two of the guys were kicked out, and one was handcuffed by a near by cop, but then later let go. Afterwards they pretty much all threatended to kill us because we had to stick around to their disappointment.

We left the box their for them, and within a couple of minutes one of the guys burned it. :)

And the best part was that only one of them was actually keeping the damn thing. Serves them right.

I'm surprised you didn't get in a fight.

LakeEarth

MegaTen said:
What, when the balloon hit them, the guy scooped it up, drank it and went ".... hmmm... MOUSE urine...".

DarienA

The scary thing about this.... The original cabbage patch kids.. the first elmo's... Black Friday.

Those are actually WORSE in terms of the mad store dashes and people getting hurt... you just don't have the camping in front of it.

RSLAEV

O.K. in a previous thread I mentioned how I didn't think scalpers capatalizing on a shortage was as big a deal as people are making out. I'm starting to come around to the notion that they are actually opportunistic scumbags.

Alex

neojubei said:

Hah.

It's funny, I love games, I've spent copious ammounts of time and money on them my entire life, but I would never, ever wait around for a machine like that. Maybe an hour if I really plan to get some good use out of it, but even that is cutting it to the extreme.

Camping outside a store like that is trashy altogether, even for the ones making money. For the ones who aren't... :lol

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The guys outside my Target actually chipped in to hire an off duty officer for a couple of hours to make sure they wouldnt get jacked. We only had 8 PS 3's anyway 6 premium 2 regular. We let them in around 7:30 am they bought their ps3s and went along their merry way. 1 guys card didnt go thru (after camping for 3 days) The store manager was holding it for any employee who wanted it. I was tempted but..... Nah

Aisenherz

Banned

Aisenherz

Banned
speculawyer said:
What does he have there? It looks like Gears of War and Splinter Cell: DA. Good point made . . . those two titles beat any two titles from the PS3 launch line-up.
Yes, in YOUR opinion ;-)

Oh shits, on the local Philadelphia news they just said some teenager was held up at gun point at the Lehigh Valley Mall for his PS3. They are showing surveillance photos for people to help.

*Edit: Ha ha, here it the main story of the day: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=nation_world&id=4771040

WHITEHALL TWP., Pa. November 17, 2006 - A robbery in the parking lot of the Lehigh Valley Mall is one of a string of incidents across the country marring the release of the PlayStation 3 game system.
Whitehall Township Police say a 17-year-old male was exiting the mall with two friends after purchasing the system.

As they got into their vehicle, a gunman approached and demanded the PS3. They handed over the game and the suspect fled on foot.

The victims believe the suspect got into a 2000 or 2001 Acura.

Across the country, violent incidents have been reported. Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new PlayStation 3 game system to go on sale in Putnam, Conn. early Friday and shot one man who refused to give up his money.

About 30 miles away, another shopper was beaten and robbed of his new Playstation 3 just minutes after he bought it at a store in Manchester, police said...

In the Manchester attack, the shopper told police five men surrounded and beat him as he left the Shoppes at Buckland Hills with the new Playstation.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WOW at the jacking.... Feels like when we used to wak around in our 8 Ball Jackets!!!!

ALSO I Know that the NEO GEO and 3DO releases were Insane in their own rights, but did anyone experience the Sega 32x Launch..... I can only imagine the bloodshed

unifin

Absolutely ridiculous.

Were there incidents like this for the last console launch?

Someone needs to make a .gif of Kaz laughing as PS3 shoppers riot.

Bendelvio

The amount of violence and chaos is very sad. I don't know what to say anymore.

I am pretty surprised that Putnam was the location of the shooting. I was always under the impression that it was a pretty bucolic town. Of course, that doesn't preclude it from being a site of violent crime.

I can't speak to how one would acquire large quantities of mouse urine, but as for the identification I can say that mouse urine has a very distinct odor, so anyone that has had a mouse as a pet or has worked in a lab with mice would easily be able to identify it by smell.

Top Bottom