• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

Firewire

Banned
Queeg said:
No idea. I've deleted it off my machine and re-downloading it again at the moment hoping that'll fix something. Most likely not though.

It was delayed like 6 months, you would think they tested the shit out of it. Bogus.

Spy

I'm going to share this game with my brother. Trust me, I guarantee you he would NOT buy it if I didn't share it with him.

xero273

Queeg said:
No idea. I've deleted it off my machine and re-downloading it again at the moment hoping that'll fix something. Most likely not though.

another guy in PSN store thread disable internet connection and game worked. See if that works for you. This is a useless fix since you can't race online.

Vorador

Banned
Firewire said:
:(

Isn't there some sort of fix you can do?

I've heard that downloading and installing first the unlock key and then the full game solves the freezes.

I'm still at work so i can't even buy the game, but try it to see if it solves the problem :-/

Game of the year so far for me. I'm loving it. Plus I'm ranked 1 in the world on some track.

Freaky thing is another lad from the same town as me is ranked number 2.

Firewire

Banned
Vorador said:
I've heard that downloading and installing first the unlock key and then the full game solves the freezes.

I'm still at work so i can't even buy the game, but try it to see if it solves the problem :-/

There are two files?

RavenFox

Banned
Vorador said:

??

Shinraven

so...its not out in the US... good. im stuck at work anyhow lul :lol

I took my psp to work thinking i was gonna log remote to ps3 and download :)

Oh well, ill play pulse on the train till i get home woot !

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
:S

I think I'll die if I have problems loading this bad boy up. 94% atm. Megaman is a nice distraction.

Queeg

Firewire said:
It was delayed like 6 months, you would think they tested the shit out of it. Bogus.

It works without the PS3 connected to the internet, otherwise it's still locking-up. Guess I wouldn't be playing with you guys tonight.

xero273

Queeg said:
It works without the PS3 connected to the internet, otherwise it's still locking-up. Guess I wouldn't be playing with you guys tonight.

So I guess internet is the problem. Three people so far had tried this solution and the game runs.

epmode

notjackbauer said:
Asking again since it was at the bottom of the page: what are your impressions of pilot assist? Anybody using it?
From the Eurogamer review:
For those who are new to WipEout there's now Pilot Assist, a passive auto-pilot function which nudges you away from track edge. It sounds like a cheat, but it's actually a cleverly balanced little feature. If you race like a lunatic, it won't do you much good and you'll still clang and scrape your way around the circuits. It's less of a sop for rubbish players and more of a gentle helper for intermediate players.

If you're racing well, but haven't quite mastered the air brakes yet, Pilot Assist will pick up some of the slack. Rely on it in the higher speed categories, however, and you'll soon discover its deliberate limitations. Given how uncompromising the series has often been, it's a thoughtful way of opening the game out to newcomers without trashing the delicate racing balance.

Firewire

Banned
Queeg said:

People are talking about an unlock file & a Wipeout HD file? Apparently you should install the unlock file before the actual game or something then it will work?

Banned
After an hour and a half of downloading (so an average of 184KB/sec) that's it finally installed.

It doesn't run at all without the unlock file, so either they're going to release a trial unlock file or they plan on unlocking more content in future? (similar to the way that Super Stardust HD is patched to add everything in and you then buy a key to use it)

Just had a quick look at the options—make sure you change the screen size to 100% if you've not got any overscan on your display.

Apparently it's bad MP3 files that are causing the crashing, so I'd check that.

Firewire said:
People are talking about an unlock file & a Wipeout HD file? Apparently you should install the unlock file before the actual game or something then it will work?

I did it afterwards. I couldn't load the game until I used the unlock.

Oh god I'm all wet

Motion sensing feels really good, though I'm still horrible with it, I can always say that it's my own fault when I hit a wall. Really totally awesome experience thus far.

*No freezes here.

xero273

65536 said:
Apparently it's bad MP3 files that are causing the crashing, so I'd check that.

Some ppl don't have mp3s at all and it is still crashing. Three people disabled internet and it works. So I think it is ps3 being connected to internet causing this

Queeg

Firewire said:

Na, thought it could be the case which is why I re-downloaded it and tried it in the opposite order, but it didn't change anything for me.

jett

D-Member
...this was supposed to be the PSN day of awesome. :/ I guess I won't be buying it until this shit is fixed.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
The game looks fucking AMAZING. fucking fun to play too! I love the new zone looks O_O (wish we had the seziure one though :( )

Anyone using motion controls only? I find it quite hard but am slowly getting used to it..

LiK

jett said:
...this was supposed to be the PSN day of awesome. :/ I guess I won't be buying it until this shit is fixed.

seems liek only Queeg is experiencing this problem, or is there more GAfers who froze as well?

Queeg

LiK said:
dang, so when does it freeze? online only?

As soon as I select anything on the title screen. And it's a complete lock-up to where you can't use the home button to back out of the game.

BeeDog

Didn't froze for me at all. Stop being such a negative man mr. Negative! But then again I played for like 15 minutes only.

RpgN

jett said:

I don't know. I'm not having such problems. But then again, I'm not logged online but just offline.

xero273

LiK said:
seems liek only Queeg is experiencing this problem, or is there more GAfers who froze as well?

Including Queeg, there are four others that I have seen mentioning this problem on GAF. Euro PS forums also has a thread up with people posting about this.

jett

D-Member
Queeg said:
As soon as I select anything on the title screen. And it's a complete lock-up to where you can't use the home button to back out of the game.

What kind of PS3 do you have?

Firewire

Banned
Queeg said:
Na, thought it could be the case which is why I re-downloaded it and tried it in the opposite order, but it didn't change anything for me.

Something crazy is going on. Its weird how its working perfectly for some, and not working at all for others. The internet connection is a bit concerning, if it isn't working because a certain NAT type isn't detected or something there should be some sort of disclaimer or something.

I don't have high hopes for when I attempt to download it late tonight.

LiK

xero273 said:
Including Queeg, there are four others that I have seen mentioning this problem on GAF. Euro PS forums also has a thread up with people posting about this.

doh...maybe the files in the euro servers are fucked up or something... :/

Durante

I've been playing it continuously since I finished installing it, no problems here. I have to get back to playing while I still manage to get into the global top 50 on first try for a lot of events :lol

The game is amazing graphically, especially in terms of image quality. I wish more console games could even come close to this level of fidelity.

morlock

Queeg said:
Try singing out of PSN, it worked for me.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hoooly shit. just did my first race; Updrift. got a silver on novice. haven't played this since I was about 11. I was leaning in the turns and shit. didn't breathe for the half of the last lap. I've got my money's worth already.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
dr60qg.jpg

quick crappy cell phone pic.. looks much better on my tv, than that picture though :D

Top Bottom