• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

LiK

Label said:
dr60qg.jpg

quick crappy cell phone pic.. looks much better on my tv, than that picture though :D

dude, your "crappy" cell phone pic blows away some other digicam pics on GAF :lol

Erebus

Firewire said:
Something crazy is going on. Its weird how its working perfectly for some, and not working at all for others. The internet connection is a bit concerning, if it isn't working because a certain NAT type isn't detected or something there should be some sort of disclaimer or something.

I don't have high hopes for when I attempt to download it late tonight.

I'm one of the guys who experienced crashes and as soon as I disabled internet connection, the game runs without a hitch.

I don't know if it has anything to do with NAT types. For the record, my NAT type is 2 and I have never experienced anything similiar in games, not even with GTA IV.

bj00rn_

Banned
I've completed the first event of races without any lockups.

PS3 PAL 40GB, downloaded and installed the unlock first. Everything default. Internet on.

Nice game, like the "psychedelic"-mode a lot

Banned
I'm having no problems with the game. I don't have any music files on my PS3, it's a launch 60gb machine, I'm signed into PSN. (NAT 2) EDIT: Using a wired connection, not wireless.

I did install the unlock file first, but deleted it to see what would happen, installed the game, ran the game (which didn't work) redownloaded the unlock file and played.

Working in both 720p and 1080p. (1080p was going into a video processor, I've now bypassed that to avoid the extra delay and am sending 720p to my projector)

Onix said:
bububububububu ... 1080p/60 ain't worth it ...
:D

Firewire

Banned
DarkUSS said:
I'm one of the guys who experienced crashes and as soon as I disabled internet connection, the game runs without a hitch.

I don't know if it has anything to do with NAT types. For the record, my NAT type is 2 and I have never experienced anything similiar in games, not even with GTA IV.

Have you tried logging on to PSN again and seeing if the game works at all?

How many more hours until it's out on the US store? Don't give me PST or EST times cause I don't live in the state and I don't know what time it is now. HOW MANY MORE HOURS DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

xero273

Naked Snake said:
How many more hours until it's out on the US store? Don't give me PST or EST times cause I don't live in the state and I don't know what time it is now. HOW MANY MORE HOURS DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

4 more hours

LiK

Naked Snake said:

your PC doesnt have the time??

it's out in 4 hours :lol

jax (old)

Banned
just played this baby for like an hour +. AMAZING VISUALS. I'm up to stage 2. warped. also played an online game and came in 2nd. Nice. Lag free. smooth and very very fun.

played on a 52" lcdtv.

promised pics. and here's some. The ingame camera mode is very nice.

22kevb.jpg

2a0drae.jpg

241ovur.jpg

2j5z11c.jpg

123lgt3.jpg

a5us1.jpg

5o5ojb.jpg

ZONE

and yes, it looks JUST LIKE THAT INGAME - nice specular glow on the tarmac, really nice glows, in motion, its like butter. I realised that because my tv is so big, the ship = the size of my PS3.

zone mode and its rainbow colour flood effect is tremendous. The whole package is worth $40, much less $20. My eyes are burning from the awesome. I have 4 hours to sleep and get to work tomorrow.

Erebus

Firewire said:
Have you tried logging on to PSN again and seeing if the game works at all?

Yep, I even tried logging on to PSN from in-game XMB. The result was instant freeze, so it's totally network related.

RpgN

Naked Snake said:

I'm from Europe, but usually US contant is up within 3-5 hours. Wait a little longer, it will be worth it. I don't want you guys to feel how we used to be treated in EU, but it's a few hours only. Pray it's not months instead :lol

Firewire

Banned
TTP said:
It doesn't.

:(

Do you have any idea's as to what might be causing this?

Someone needs to contact Sony or something! I just know I'm going to get screwed when I download it tonight. And poor Queeg and others that can't make this game work online!

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Downloaded and installed the game first before downloading the unlock. Plays fine for me. Haven't tried it while signed on to PSN yet.

I feel sorry for you guys having problems because the game is awesome.

LowParry

Ya know, if they could add in the future custom skins for your racers...hells yeah.

Anyway...I will continue to chant the MTV way of... "I waaaaaant my Wiiiiiipeout HDeeeeee!"

maxax

Just my luck, I was expecting it.
It froze for me while entering the options menu.
Gonna try some stuff now...

decon

Anyone tried motion controls? So far I find that 30-40% is the best sens, can't decide but I probably won't be playing with it anyways. Will try and go pro with the pitching though, seems like a neat idea :)

AVclub

I swear to Christ, if this game isn't on PSN when I get home from work tonight, I will take a hostage and hold him at knifepoint until my demands are met. Those demands will include one working copy of WipeOut HD with Epileptic-Shake Pack.

By "him" of course I mean Rupert my teddy bear.

soldat7

Firewire said:
Something crazy is going on. Its weird how its working perfectly for some, and not working at all for others. The internet connection is a bit concerning, if it isn't working because a certain NAT type isn't detected or something there should be some sort of disclaimer or something.

I don't have high hopes for when I attempt to download it late tonight.

My PS3 freezes all the time when connected to ethernet. I've just come to accept that.

No demo for Wipeout? Lame. Can't wait to buy this game today. Wipeout Pulse music has been coursing through my head for the past 24 hours.

jax (old)

Banned
btw:

SYSTEM FUCKING SELLER. This needs to be retailed and advertised heavily. :)

I grabbed the key before the game and its fine. Btw online right now is all euros. :lol

LiK

AVclub said:
I swear to Christ, if this game isn't on PSN when I get home from work tonight, I will take a hostage and hold him at knifepoint until my demands are met. Those demands will include one working copy of WipeOut HD with Epileptic-Shake Pack.

By "him" of course I mean Rupert my teddy bear.

i await your appearance on the evening news

Banned
pr0cs said:
So is there a trial or you have to buy the full game sight unseen?
Just buy it. Seriously.

This is basically my first WipEout. I did have the first PSP one briefly, but the terrible framerate (wasn't hacked for 333) and crappy controls put me off the game completely.

Absolutely loving this though — you won't be disappointed.

pr0cs

65536 said:
Just buy it. Seriously.
All the videos I've watched have been pretty dull so I wanted to try it for myself.
Hopefully one of my PS3 friends buys it so I can try it.

morlock

Firewire said:
Whats the use of doing this? Then you can't play online at all! Or are you saying log out of PSN and then log back in and it works?
Well, since that seems to be the problem I can actually play the game at all until they fix the issue. Better that than just see the fancy meny before it freezes... right? ;)

Top Bottom