• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

Hunter D said:
KI is a franchise that doesn't need to rise again. I don't know how anyone could play KI2 and want a sequel.

Because anyone who loved KI and played KI2 is surely longing for a proper sequal - not to mention that if a KI game were to surface it would most likely be 3d rather than 2d, I for one am interested to see if it makes that transition between the two better than Mortal Kombat/Street Fighter/King of Fighters ever managed to.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
great news, i'm happy to see extensions in the halo universe.

a new rare platformer will be great.

doom today? hotness.

the rest i dont really care about, so it sounds reasonable.

mildewproduction said:
• The beloved Banjo-Kazooie(r) franchise will breathe new,
high-definition life exclusively on Xbox 360, from famed developer Rare Ltd. Beloved characters Banjo, Kazooie and Gruntilda—among other fan favorites—will new next-gen visuals and presentation as well as their sharp wit and hilarious sense of humor.
**** yes! I hope it comes out in 07.

People aren't going to be happy at a MGS press conference here until they see Final Fantasy single player, Dragon Quest, or MGS announced for it :).

suaveric

What is the obsession with banjo-kazooie? people talk like it's the second coming. Rare would probably sell more copies of BK3 on the DS than they will on the 360.

GhaleonEB

critch said:
Um, heh, bullshit.

Shenanigans.

People like are you are the reason this place gets disappointed when God doesn't come down from the heavens delivering Chrono Trigger 3: Triggerer.

I hope your internet goes out for a week.
QFT

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i wonder what this peter jackson halo collaboration entails -- the "next chapter" wording makes it sound like he's involved with halo 3 rather than a spinoff. i guess we'll find out. i'll play halo wars if it's anything like the myth games, which are still the only realtime strategy i've been able to get into. and i'm definitely downloading doom.

suaveric said:
What is the obsession with banjo-kazooie? people talk like it's the second coming. Rare would probably sell more copies of BK3 on the DS than they will on the 360.
Because it is, BK is the greatest 3D platformer ever, I've been waiting for sequel for 6 years and imagining a hi-def 3D platformer with the scope and environments of BK is really big news for me as a huge 3D platformer fan. I also think it will sell perfectly fine.

ghostmind

BenjaminBirdie said:
Bioshock. Exclusive. Watch Head For Low Slung Megaton.

Exactly. Big News.

If this press release is legit, then I don't see how it could be seen as underwhelming... there is a lot of big items in there...

If this is correct then I am happy. B&K is something I've been waiting for. Doom is not a big deal for me and having a title that was already coming to the 360 become exlusive is meh. Hasn't Ubi already shown the game for the Wii?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh wait: "The first project is to co-write, co-design and co-produce a completely new and original chapter in the "Halo" universe in collaboration with Bungie Studios." that makes it sound like a spinoff again. maybe it's the game of the movie of the game.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
*sigh*
This time MS managed to keep things secret until 90 minutes before the actual official press release. They are getting better I guess.
Edit: I'm not confirming anything btw, it's just that the press release looks legit. I was in the dark for most of the X06 annoucements.

I'm happy with this. Those that were expecting a Square-Enix buyout or some other nonsense can go back to ignoring the 360 while those that have and enjoy the system can start talking about the games.

Halo RTS
Banjo Nextgen
PGR4

The new games have me pumped. Can't wait to see them!

:D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I demand some Halo 3, Gears, and Mistwalker demos on my XBLM by the time I wake up for work!! MAKE IT HAPPEN MS! :p

Odysseus

Banned
ghostmind said:
Exactly. Big News.

If this press release is legit, then I don't see how it could be seen as underwhelming... there is a lot of big items in there...

But what if none of them are interesting?

Zenith

Banned
Bioshock. Exclusive. Watch Head For Low Slung Megaton.

don't be stupid. of course Microsoft aren't going to pimp the PS3 in their own press release. they only list the MS owned platforms it's coming too.

drohne said:
oh wait: "The first project is to co-write, co-design and co-produce a completely new and original chapter in the "Halo" universe in collaboration with Bungie Studios." that makes it sound like a spinoff again. maybe it's the game of the movie of the game.

A spinoff Executive Produced by Peter Jackson. That's like getting Darren Aranofsky to direct an episode of Lost.

(Oh, wait...)

Orlics

Blimblim said:
*sigh*
This time MS managed to keep things secret until 90 minutes before the actual official press release. They are getting better I guess.
Edit: I'm not confirming anything btw, it's just that the press release looks legit. I was in the dark for most of the X06 annoucements.

30 minutes, dude!

At least, I think...

hadareud

The Translator
Blimblim said:
*sigh*
MS are horrible.

Will they manage one single ****ing time to keep their stuff a secret until the pressconference starts? This spoils the whole excitement for me. you suck ms.

suaveric said:

Platformers seem rare on next gen systems so I doubt MS will have any problem selling this. All they really need to do is tone down the collecting in Banjo a bit and it's a winner.

Great new about Banjo, didn't think we'd see another one to be honest. Fingers crossed for a trailer. Big news about Bioshock as well. It looked so damn good in that developer commentary the other day, can't wait for it to be honest. Oh and a special mention must go to Sensible WoS, **** yeah. :)

sangreal

Zenith said:
don't be stupid. of course Microsoft aren't going to pimp the PS3 in their own press release. they only list the MS owned platforms it's coming too.

2K Games confirmed that BioShock, a first person shooter that will
revolutionize the genre and forever change the expectations of gamers, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft(r) Windows(r) next spring.

Knowing Microsoft this will later be clarified to be a timed-exclusive, but still. Don't be stupid, as you say.

Zenith said:

Did you miss this:

2K Games confirmed that BioShock, a first person shooter that will
revolutionize the genre and forever change the expectations of gamers, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft(r) Windows(r) next spring.

Edit: Beaten.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Halo RTS by Ensemble sounds like a huge disaster waiting to happen to me, Im seeing Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds redux with grunt rushes.

I called $199 for the HD-DVD player too, sensible price, still dont want one though.

Best two games of E3 were BioShock and Gears of War. Both are now exclusive to the 360 in the console world. Smart move by Microsoft. :)

Kandinsky

Blimblim said:
*sigh*
Can we expect Banjo media or something? :p

SolidSnakex said:
Platformers seem rare on next gen systems so I doubt MS will have any problem selling this. All they really need to do is tone down the collecting in Banjo a bit and it's a winner.

Just turn around...and walk away...

*pause*

NO MAN, GET OFF ME!! I'LL KILL HIM!! HE WAS TALKIN' SMACK ABOUT COLLECTING STUFF IN BANJO, MAN!! THAT WAS THE BEST! THE BEST! THE BEST PART!!

*jumps into ocean*

Top Bottom