• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Collector’s and Premium Editions

Artex

Banned
Sweet. Love me some statues. Oddly, I like the $80 one better at least from this picture.

There's pre-order DLC? Half a year before the game is even out?

Fuck this industry.

Seriously broseph? The game isn't even done yet. You act like the DLC will be ready to go day one and they are somehow fucking you. How about the DLC is planned and will be in development once the game is complete and released months after the main title? They can't offer that as a preorder bonus for free? Get the sand out of your panties.

Couldn't be an action figure? At least you would have something that you could play then.

Jk

Anyways love me some collectors edition of games

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I'll never understand why don't they have a digital code download option for these things. I don't want PS4 games on disc, but I wouldn't mind some of this extra junk for some of the games.

Melchiah

Digital Content
Pre-Order DLC (Knight’s DLC)
Official Soundtrack with Bonus Tracks
Unreleased Behind-The-Scenes Footage

Collector's edition it is then. Any info on what the Knight's DLC is? Just gear, I take it?

EDIT: Ah, it was detailed in the pic. Didn't see it on my phone.

kanuuna

Each pack includes an alternate outfit for Galahad and a variant weapon
a variant weapon
So that's two weapons locked out from the people who purchase a normal copy of the game, or just two weapons that function the same as some guns in the game, but with just a different outlook (in short: weapon skins)?
Locking guns out seems like a huge bummer when the game is pretty much a shooter all the way.

Loudninja

So that's two weapons locked out from the people who purchase a normal copy of the game, or just two weapons that function the same as some guns in the game, but with just a different outlook (in short: weapon skins)? Locking guns out seems like a huge bummer when the game is pretty much a shooter all the way. Sure, GTA V did the same - but I feel like that game didn't have to justify itself.
Different skins,one of them is red now

Those 2 guns are in the game we seen it several times now. :)

First off, thank you for not putting 'minutes of unlocked new missions/gameplay' behind collector's editions.

Ubisoft does that, and it's fucking annoying.

Offer all the statues, steelbooks, artbooks, costumes, soundtracks you want, but don't lock people out of gameplay.

kanuuna

Different skins,one of them is red now

Those 2 guns are in the game we seen it several times now. :)

Oh, good.
Hopefully the making-of stuff will be made available for those of use who can't make the investment in a special edition later on, much like the Grounded documentary for TLOU.

Loudninja

Superflat

I really just want a steelbook and behind the scenes stuff. When are companies gonna be able to a-la-carte this stuff :[

Loudninja

=/ no steelbook
Hmm not really sure
Our Collector’s edition comes in a special black casing, and contains a replica pendant of the blackwater vial worn by Knights of The Order. It also contains the exclusive digital content, woven coat of arms patches, concept art postcards and the official soundtrack.

They didn't mention if it was steelbook or now :/

$150 edition for an original IP that no one has any passion or nostalgia for.

Welcome to 2014.

I don't really see anything wrong with it - it is just an optional edition after all. Is it only alright to offer an expensive edition for already-established games? In any case, The Order is shaping up to be one of the bigger 2015 titles - so of course Sony are going to release an expensive edition for it.

I won't get it though - the only time I ever bought one of those high-level limited editions was the MW2 Prestige edition. Sold the NVG for the price I bought the entire thing for, so that was nice.

nomis

I don't really see anything wrong with it - it is just an optional edition after all. Is it only alright to offer an expensive edition for already-established games? In any case, The Order is shaping up to be one of the bigger 2015 titles - so of course Sony are going to release an expensive edition for it.

I won't get it though - the only time I ever bought one of those high-level limited editions was the MW2 Prestige edition. Sold the NVG for the price I bought the entire thing for, so that was nice.

I'm not saying it "shouldn't be allowed", I'm just saying I can't fathom it. The only cat-helmet editions of games I've ever bought were for threequels or later from established franchises that I was already head over heels for. Not intentionally, on some principle, but that happens to be when I develop enough passion for something to spend extra money on it for plastic crap.

Halo 3
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
etc.

I think The Order looks as slick as the next guy, but I'm trying to imagine this hypothetical 1886/RaD super-fan who's frothing at the mouth to not only own this game but a $70 piece of memorabilia, and I can't.

Top Bottom