• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Collector’s and Premium Editions

Sami+

Ah, I remember seeing these in a survey thing a few months back. Cool to see the full set now.

I'll probably get the $80 one.

Loudninja

I bet it's one of those slip on plastic covers
Yeah :/

I'm not saying it "shouldn't be allowed", I'm just saying I can't fathom it. The only cat-helmet editions of games I've ever bought were for threequels or later from established franchises that I was already head over heels for. Not intentionally, on some principle, but that happens to be when I develop enough passion for something to spend extra money on it for plastic crap.

Halo 3
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
etc.

I think The Order looks as slick as the next guy, but I'm trying to imagine this hypothetical 1886/RaD super-fan who's frothing at the mouth to not only own this game but a $70 piece of memorabilia, and I can't.
Its not unusual really,its quite common actually.

Bittercup

Very disappointing Collector's Edition for Europe :(
I will probably import the US CE then. Most likely it will even be cheaper than buying the EU CE.

Very disappointing Collector's Edition for Europe :(
I will probably import the US CE then. Most likely it will even be cheaper than buying the EU CE.

eh. Personally I hate statues (bought the Skyrim CE solely for the Artbook)
I much prefer replicas with my CE's, so I'm really happy about this :D

LifEndz

Glad they used the statue I voted for in that survey. Guess I'll spend the extra 20 bucks. Between this and the witcher my ps4 is going to get a workout

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Can we just have the Steelbook/artwork/dlc for UK/EU please.

sector4

The AU PAL release now comes with a steelbook it seems

xcAjy3I.png

Preorder to claim a free upgrade to the Limited Edition SteelBook version of The Order: 1886 featuring:

THE KNIGHT’S ARSENAL DLC* :

Arsonist Pack – Black Knight uniform and Arsonist Rifle weapon
Red Lightning Pack – Red Knight uniform and Arc Rifle Prototype weapon

https://www.ebgames.com.au/ps4-162897-The-Order-1886-Limited-Edition-PlayStation-4

ev0

I hope that Gamestop employee bought you a drink for all those preorders lol

Why would anyone pre order anything? Especially from gamestop? Is there no best buy in your town?

If he has a lot of credit there I can see it. Otherwise if you're buying that many games, there's not much excuse to not get Best Buy Gamers Unlocked and get 20% off on all of that.

I hope that Gamestop employee bought you a drink for all those preorders lol

If he has a lot of credit there I can see it. Otherwise if you're buying that many games, there's not much excuse to not get Best Buy Gamers Unlocked and get 20% off on all of that.

Not only that, BB actually rewards you for preorders with the 10$ in reward certificates. There's at least ten on that list. That's 100$ off on top of the 20%. Gamestop might literally be the worse place to preorder from. But you shouldn't preorder most time anyway.

R_Deckard

Just pre-ordered the $150 version today!

Bq06ujLCcAAHN10.jpg

xvS24.gif

Jeez and I thought I was bad..I guess you plan on skipping 2014 for any social aspect!! lol

Bleh, sucks that EU folks don't get the statue~ :p

Yes..Yes it damn does. I tried to get from Amazon US but they wont ship to UK and the UK version only comes with the DLC and the Pendant..poor.

I tweeted @theorder1886 and they said watch the blog on the UK for more updates on versions, come on Sony give us brits the choice!

Lucent

The statue that comes with the $80 one is actually pretty nice looking. I'd never use the vial in the $150 one. And the artbook only being like 22 pages isn't enough to entice me. Been trying to go all digital this gen though, so probably won't even get the $80 one. lol

sector4

I'd never use the vial in the $150 one.
Not even for the official The Order 1886: Drinking Game?

Fill up your replica vial with Jagermeister (or blackwater if you wish to call it that)
Every time a character in the game sips from their vial, you must also

No matter how much money you have, this is a preposterously foolish use of it.

"Here Gamestop, have hundreds of my dollars. Oh, no, I don't need anything in return! I just have very poor judgment. Enjoy the free loan!"

How is this a foolish use of my money?

1) I can cancel all of these reserves and get my money back at any point, should I so choose.
2) I intend to pick up every single game on my reserve list, unless they turn out to be abysmal once their embargo lifts.
3) What's the problem with GameStop? I happen to like that there's at least one video game exclusive brick and mortar retailer out there. What are my other options? BestBuy? Please. They don't know when to put games out on the floor even when provided with a street date. Amazon? No thanks. Call me old fashioned but I don't trust shipping. A few years back I won the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition only to find out it was shipped to the wrong address. #NeverForget

We're getting off-topic.

On-topic, can't wait for The Order! lol

sector4

How is this a foolish use of my money?

1) I can cancel all of these reserves and get my money back at any point, should I so choose.
2) I intend to pick up every single game on my reserve list, unless they turn out to be abysmal once their embargo lifts.
3) What's the problem with GameStop? I happen to like that there's at least one video game exclusive brick and mortar retailer out there. What are my other options? BestBuy? Please. They don't know when to put games out on the floor even when provided with a street date. Amazon? No thanks. Call me old fashioned but I don't trust shipping. A few years back I won the Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition only to find out it was shipped to the wrong address. #NeverForget

We're getting off-topic.

On-topic, can't wait for The Order! lol
Posting a list that long is always going to incite some jealous people to tell you how you should otherwise be spending your money. Video games are your hobby and that's how you're choosing to spend your money, don't worry about what anyone else says. You could put your money in a high interest account while you wait for these games to come out, but if it makes you happy to know you've secured your copy of them all, by putting a small downpayment down that's awesome.

Top Bottom