• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 Gameplay Demo (E3 2014)

Looks CG like which tells how far we have come. With this, IF, DC, KZ, PS4 is showing how amazing the future will be. I mean its not even a full year for the PS4.

My only complain is about the frequent cutscenes. Even in the IGN video, we can see those intrusive cutscenes. But I guess that's nature of the beast here. Just hope its one a hell of ride, just like UC2 was.

GHG

Gold Member
So many goddam cinematics I might as well rent again the Matrix Trilogy.

We'll go do that then instead of posting worthless comments like this then?

Just saw the IGN video and they pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. They've only shown a small bit of this game so far, a lot more to it than meets the eye. I don't know why everyone insists on seeing/knowing everything about a game like this before it releases. Do people not like to be surprised anymore?

Palocca

Not worry about the short scenario since its a demo but everything else sounds great.

Also I did read that you don't need to press a button to go into cover weird.

Also:

Yeah I tried to use cover like in The Last of Us, but the cover animation didn't play out until I push Circle. I should've asked if the cover mechanic in the demo was final.

Betty

Banned
I know this is just a glitch or whatever, but it's still hilarious.

ibo05Em0zyxTQ9.gif

alterno69

Banned
I really don't get this mentality of going into thread about a game you don't like to shit on it again and again. It's ok to say you don't like it and move on, but people other than you can like it and discuss it freely.

Anyway, like i said before, this game is just for me, can't wait.

Ricky_R

I can't get over how great the atmosphere is and how awesome the characters look. I'm certain Galahad will be an outstanding character to play as. Hope he gets quite developed.

firen

Gives me a Resistance vibe for some reason. Didn't think it was a great E3 demo but that IGN demo hypes me up again.

Two sides: the negative hyperbole vs the fanboys willing to defend the game to death.

Who will emerge victorious? Find out next time on DRAGONBALL Z!

And the people who are going to wait and see the finished product before blowing off, but are actually interested at this time because of the setting and technology?

They're getting drowned out at the moment, but the same thing happened to Driveclub, Infamous, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 etc. and they all turned out alright in the end, and opinions swayed towards the positive when people got their hands on it.

I think sometimes folks just want to one-up each other with the most outrageous opinion* (for or against) because it's the internet. Things will settle. I never liked the look of Uncharted, and I hated the demo, but by god when I played the full game I soon changed my mind.

hmm does he mean amazing feedback like they loved it or feedback that was amazing in the amount of suggestions people made in regards to gameplay?

I'm guessing so many people called it shit, he went back to the drawing board in tears.

lol, wut? gameplay?

can't sell a mediocre movie for 50 bucks, so they make a "game".

dk_

As a graphics whore this is definitely day 1 for me. The presentation and the gameplay footage look absolutely stunning and I really dig the steampunk style.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The more realistic and divine the game looks, the more the glitches stand out.

I was talking about this with a friend. Some of the animations and DOF make it look so damn CGI/scripted, causing a surreal feeling, but there are still small game things in there that remind you you're playing a game... however you'll see it all happen in unbelievable fashion lol. For instance I could see a body on the ground moving all glitched out, but the intense battle, and the unbelievable effects were still going off without a hitch.

i should be in love with this game. the visuals. that setting. the presentation.

but man even the extended gameplay look has me feeling cold. will obviously try it before i knock it though.

MilkBeard

Really enjoyed the bit with the werewolf-human thingy.

So many people complaining, just let the game be what the developers want it to be.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm gonna be grabbing as much offscreen footage of everything that I can tomorrow, including this games demo on the show floor. It's not going to be perfect quality, but it will give you a good idea of what there is to see, and I'll answer any questions.

IGN dude is weird.

I like Greg. He is prone to bouts of gushing overexcitement, so he's very brash/loud at times, but I find his enthusiasm contagious. I'd rather listen to someone like him talk about games than the jaded, disillusioned types on the other end of the spectrum.

BeeDog

The 12-minute IGN demo is pretty swell, definitely raises my hype for the game compared to the recent batch of videos.

jmood88

Screw the haters. This game looks great and I love the setting. I'm interested to see what cool weapons and gaming mechanics they come up with Asa my feeling is that we have actually seen very little of the big picture here.

People are far too quick to judge and pigeon hole games.

So people are allowed to say that the game looks great but aren't allowed to say that they don't like what they've seen?

the way the guy playing keeps moving back and forth and intentionally(?) missing shots at the beginning of that ign video, it's like he's trying to make it seem there's a lot more to that firefight than just picking off guys standing out in the open. it's honestly a little frustrating to watch.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It almost looks like Order 1886 is an on-rails game.

Do you have any freedom in the game?

Why do people say things like this? Are the devs just not getting across what the gameplay is to enough people? I mean it's obviously not an on rails game.

Authority

Banned
We'll go do that then instead of posting worthless comments like this then?

Just saw the IGN video and they pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. They've only shown a small bit of this game so far, a lot more to it than meets the eye. I don't know why everyone insists on seeing/knowing everything about a game like this before it releases. Do people not like to be surprised anymore?

I love this argument in every thread.

I say,

"Aden Pierce is boring and generic".

"How can you say that? Why don't you wait to play the game?" (lol)

No you don't have to play any game to see the obvious. It is a game that is heavily cinematic-driven, a spamfest of cut-scenes. If there was an option for the main character to take a piss, you would have all the time in the world to make a sandwich and come back just in time.

It is not like God of Wars where it is fast pace and the cinematic blend in well with the tempo and the pace of the game. It does not take you out of the game, it does not irritate you, it does not cut down the ongoing adrenaline. It does not break "immersion".

You can't keep switching from being a Terminator to a Zen master. It disconnects the mood and it makes it hard to build on adrenaline. It does not synchronize well. Imagine if Resident Evil 1 & 2 were loaded with cinematic. You would have probably ended making a popcorn and invited your friends.

Too many QTEs is too many.

If you have an issue with how I see it with my own eyes, you might as well call me a hater if that makes you feel good. I already feel good by being honest.

Widge

Yeah, I'm not sure about how this is going to work. Either it is cinematic heavy and interspersed with action, thereby feeling inconsistent in player input, or it is action heavy with cinematics, which many derided but would provide a better player experience.

From the off, I've just not had a good feeling about this one and I really feel it will be a Heavenly Sword. Cinematic with the trappings of a GOW brawler, but not managing to incorporate the brawling to a sophisticated degree. Heavenly Sword traded on its story well and the less fight-y middle section was compelling, we shall see whether this will manage to do the same.

leadbelly

Banned

I say,

"Aden Pierce is boring and generic".

"How can you say that? Why don't you wait to play the game?" (lol)

No you don't have to play any game to see the obvious. It is a game that is heavily cinematic-driven, a spamfest of cut-scenes. If there was an option for the main character to take a piss, you would have all the time in the world to make a sandwich and come back just in time.

It is not like God of Wars where it is fast pace and the cinematic blend in well with the tempo and the pace of the game. It does not take you out of the game, it does not irritate you, it does not cut down the ongoing adrenaline. It does not break "immersion".

You can't keep switching from being a Terminator to a Zen master. It disconnects the mood and it makes it hard to build on adrenaline. It does not synchronize well. Imagine if Resident Evil 1 & 2 were loaded with cinematic. You would have probably ended making a popcorn and invited your friends.

Too many QTEs is too many.

If you have an issue with how I see it with my own eyes, you might as well call me a hater if that makes you feel good. I already feel good by being honest.

What can we deduce from the very little gameplay we have already seen? It seems to be a third-person cover shooter. It's not something particularly new or revolutionary, but so what? It doesn't necessarily mean it won't be a good game.

Uncharted is pne of the most unoriginal franchises ever, but guess what? I enjoy those games. They're fun to play.

It doesn't mean I want every game to be that, but if it is done well, I quite like the cinematic experience of those games.

Upinsmoke

It's a great looking game, when i watched the trailer i was suprised at the lack of atmosphere though, maybe thats the way it just came across in the stream and it might be different when actually playing it though but it just felt a little bland, despite the dark corridors against the lamp, i didn't feel grasped by it, it felt like i should but i didnt.

the way the guy playing keeps moving back and forth and intentionally(?) missing shots at the beginning of that ign video, it's like he's trying to make it seem there's a lot more to that firefight than just picking off guys standing out in the open. it's honestly a little frustrating to watch.

That's the thermite gun, it doesn't hurt anyone until you fire the flare into the stuff.

fasTRapid

Banned
lol, wut? gameplay?

can't sell a mediocre movie for 50 bucks, so they make a "game".

I wanted to post this gif for a long time, hehe. The sentiment on the show floor is akin to "The gameplay was so fun, I didn't want to stop playing."

Also here's 15 minutes of Andrea and Ru demoing the same section, but with some exclusive Controller problems.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Would also like to know, anyone? I want to get a better look at the creature design.

Man the Lycan looked so good in the movie theater at the E3 showing. I don't know if it was because it was pitch black in the theater or not, but the graphics and atmosphere really popped!

Squalor

So many trolls in here.

Just ignore them. There is no point quoting their posts.

Anyway, the game looks amazing. It's sad it has been delayed.

Top Bottom