• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into the controller settings, and turn on Camera Bias. It's off by default. This will allow you to switch which shoulder you look over using the touchpad.

Also, please don't post anymore videos. :)

Are you playing Whack-a-Mole with these streams and videos? :p

whac-a-mole-o.gif

Theman2k

That's what the touchpad does.

I saw that on the controls scheme after i saw you'r post, but it doesn't seem to work.
I tried swiping left to right or right to left, clicking it, clicking it from the right and left.

doesn't seem to work, after 3 hour intro i would have guessed the game would tell me how to do it once. especially it constantly bugs me to press triangle to check items. smh

I saw that on the controls scheme after i saw you'r post, but it doesn't seem to work.
I tried swiping left to right or right to left, clicking it, clicking it from the right and left.

doesn't seem to work, after 3 hour intro i would have guessed the game would tell me how to do it once. especially it constantly bugs me to press triangle to check items. smh

See OneLetter's post above. You have to turn on Camera Bias

3 hours? Damn, is it enjoyable?

Does that mean the shooting button shouldn't be on by default, you know in case you accidentally shoot someone.

Haha.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I rarely switch shoulders in a TPS, I usually just use whatever the default is.

Makes sense for it to at least be optional.

Begaria

I agree that something like this "Camera Bias" should be on by default. Switching what side you're shooting from seems like a staple of the HD era TPS. Kind of reminds me of Blizzard not having "Elective" mode not turned on by default in Diablo 3.

TomShoe

Banned

OneLetter

That should probably be on by default.

Curious to know the rationale behind having it optional...

In testing, if people turned it on by mistake, they didn't understand what happened, and couldn't figure out how to change it without instruction. That can be much more frustrating than not being able to change it at all.

You need to press down on the touchpad on the opposite side shoulder you're currently over. This will not work while in cover.

Theman2k

Go into the controller settings, and turn on Camera Bias. It's off by default. This will allow you to switch which shoulder you look over using the touchpad.

Also, please don't post anymore videos. :)

oh ok, thanks!
IMO it shouldn't be off by default.

And yeah I wont post videos anymore, it was just an amazing non spoiler thing to share :)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
So sorry I spoiled 10% of the game for you

:p

Why do people do this? You know you spoiled an Easter Egg. Who cares what little it has to do with the game. I bet the final boss fight is mere minutes. . .might as well spoil that then.

I think I beat a bit more than half the game. No spoilers ahead.
The more I play the more I enjoy it.
RAD really did put their best into the game.
I really hope game sells well and they make a sequel already lol.
And I also hope Sony would buy the studio.

The only thing that bugs me through the whole game is quite different key-prompts.
Here's what I mean. There are QTE-like moments, like fistfights, and you have
to look at the enemy or an item to use it. And it feels stupid to me that you have to
drag the right stick through half the screen only to release it in order to press triangle or any
other button. I dunno why, but it irritates me. Guess it's because I died a few times
during these.
And another example is sometimes I cannot remember the right keys to use. An example:
when you climb over covers or lift yourseft or jump from ledges you use X button. But you have to use Triangle button to use the ladders. This seems odd to me to be honest.
So all in all the game is QUITE exellent right now and I liked a lot some of the plot twists already. They were never mentioned anywhere and so I wont spoil anything either.

Feel free to ask questions :)
btw during the rain the game looks SO much better. I have to keep myself from just staring at things to continue playing the game.

The only thing that bugs me through the whole game is quite different key-prompts.
to look at the enemy or an item to use it. And it feels stupid to me that you have to
drag the right stick through half the screen only to release it in order to press triangle or any
other button. I dunno why, but it irritates me. Guess it's because I died a few times
during these.
And another example is sometimes I cannot remember the right keys to use. An example:
when you climb over covers or lift yourseft or jump from ledges you use X button. But you have to use Triangle button to use the ladders. This seems odd to me to be honest.
So all in all the game is QUITE exellent right now and I liked a lot some of the plot twists already. They were never mentioned anywhere and so I wont spoil anything either.

btw during the rain the game looks SO much better. I have to keep myself from just staring at things to continue playing the game.

hows the story quality and is the gameplay solid/good? oh and how long have you played for?

De_Legend

Banned

during these.

How many hours have you played yet?

during these.

stealth, alot of these sections and/or it's better than what we saw at psx?

GobFather

during these.

The1886 Club with weather upgrades! Can't wait to see it!

hows the story quality and is the gameplay solid/good? oh and how long have you played for?

First of all being Russian I enjoy writing so much. It defenetly feels like a London circa 1886. I also play with the original voices and I enjoy Galahad's voice actor so much.
Tried to find the man, but I failed. He sounds like Liam Neeson to me:)

Story is quite solid. Not to spoil anything - it's not as good as TLOU, but it's definetely way better than most shooters like BF, COD, Gears and so on.

Gameplay is quite enjoyable as well :) Shooting is solid and bloody; graphics are top-notch and everything sounds just great. $ spent on Sony Gold headset were spent quite well :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
First of all being Russian I enjoy writing so much. It defenetly feels like a London circa 1886. I also play with the original voices and I enjoy Galahad's voice actor so much.

Story is quite solid. Not to spoil anything - it's not as good as TLOU, but it's definetely way better than most shooters like BF, COD, Gears and so on.

Gameplay is quite enjoyable as well :) Shooting is solid and bloody; graphics are top-notch and everything sounds just great. $ spent on Sony Gold headset were spent quite well :)
Good to hear. Solid shooting, great atmosphere, and a good story are exactly what I was hoping for from this game. Sounds like it delivers.

And holy shit I never even thought about what rain in this game must look like

great sounds like it delivers. Hows the lycan combat? sequel already? is it that good?

SDCowboy

during these.

Can you change your outfit whenever you want?

Viruz

during these.

maybe im late, but can you activate or deactivate the auto aim? thanks.

I am so happy to see more and more people get excited about this game.

1886 peaked my interest from the get-go and judging by early impressions it's going to deliver for me. Fingers crossed.

Good to hear. Solid shooting, great atmosphere, and a good story are exactly what I was hoping for from this game. Sounds like it delivers.
Well, actions are my favourite genre of vidya so I quite enjoy the game so far. As I said earlier - the shooting migh only be a bit less 'meaty' than in Max Payne 3 and Killzone.
These are my top picks for the whole feeling of shooting a living man and seeing them drop dead in blood.

BTW being story driven game I love the fact that almost every chekpoint saves in main menu in chapter select screen. Watching clips for 7 minutes just to play favourite level in Max payne 3 was real pain.

for the people who played from the start..

how long before the first trophy popped?
If you are trying to gague how long it is because of that rumour about it taking so long after that one guy got his first trophy to completion... that guys first trophy was x number of headshots with blackwater. That could take many different people many different amounts of time to complete. Also different people might unlock different trophies in different order. Not the best way to gague the games length.

Just incase thats why you were wondering that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Well, actions are my favourite genre of vidya so I quite enjoy the game so far. As I said earlier - the shooting migh only be a bit less 'meaty' than in Max Payne 3 and Killzone.
These are my top picks for the whole feeling of shooting a living man and seeing them drop dead in blood.

BTW being story driven game I love the fact that almost every chekpoint saves in main menu in chapter select screen. Watching clips for 7 minutes just to play favourite level in Max payne 3 was real pain.
That's great news about the chapter select. I always love it when they do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom