• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week...this is going to be awesome. Playing Dragon Age Inquisition right now. Good game but very much lacking in character. 1886 is just what the doctor Ordered.

Bold One

DE8Go7D.png

Andrea if youre reading, stay away from this place,

cgK1ACw.gif

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well damn, that sounds great. That meaty and visceral feel is why I love Killzone 2.

Yeah, that's what I meant, but inversely , Killzone 2 did absolutely jack sh%! with its story, world, antagonists, and lore... So, yeah...

Alucrid

Banned
You guys know how Killzone 2 is kind of an FPS cult hit because of its weightyness and hit detection and AI, etc?

That kind of thing.

It doesn't have incredibly complex level layouts either.

The Order, aside from the obvious, looks and feels very, very different from anything I've played.

It's kind of a very ornate museum piece of a Third Person Shooter.

Y'all mufuckas gotta play it, okay? It's not something you can accurately convey with words, not spoiling etc.

My main gripe is with the handling of the timid exposition and plot so far...

I never mentioned Gears.

It has presentation and production values unlike any other game. That's not hyperbole, that's just the way it struck me.
sounds fantastic after coming from gtav's shitty shooting

Slixshot

Banned
You guys know how Killzone 2 is kind of an FPS cult hit because of its weightyness and hit detection and AI, etc?

That kind of thing.

It doesn't have incredibly complex level layouts either.

The Order, aside from the obvious, looks and feels very, very different from anything I've played.

It's kind of a very ornate museum piece of a Third Person Shooter.

Y'all mufuckas gotta play it, okay? It's not something you can accurately convey with words, not spoiling etc.

My main gripe is with the handling of the timid exposition and plot so far...

I never mentioned Gears.

It has presentation and production values unlike any other game. That's not hyperbole, that's just the way it struck me.

Oh baby... LEZ GO!!!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Me neither.

Go back and read my posts.

The game makes a very good first impression, it's engaging and meaty and punchy and just an artistic assault on the senses , but the way some people hyped up the secrecy of the story I expected it to go somewhere more interesting with it.

SO FAR, it hasn't. That's literally all I've changed about my tone.

orochi91

The game makes a very good first impression, it's engaging and meaty and punchy and just an artistic assault on the senses , but the way some people hyped up the secrecy of the story I expected it to go somewhere more interesting with it.

If you haven't finished the story, why are you even commenting on it at this point?

You've now planted Killzone levels of mediocrity in peoples' head lol

Mr Moose

Almost 5 days to go! Had this on pre-order since 2013, cannot wait to play it.

People talking about Killzone... I hope they don't mean Shadow Fall, that storyline was terrible :(

Edit: 89 pages about some screenshots? Not bad.

BiGBoSSMk23

sounds fantastic after coming from gtav's shitty shooting

Oh, absolutely.

You'll never get to electrically blow off a limb , or explode a beautiful Victorian carriage in the same way you do in The Order as you do in any other game.

I think the infamous phrase: "Like a painting come to life" has never been more appropriate.

You can tell these guys worked on God of War. It's a very visual art piece type of game. With a very well conceived period artstyle.

No he is not taking about gameplay.

To be fair though, his tone went from effusive to much more measured over time:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=152059547&postcount=4044

These are useful impressions that clue people in on what to expect. I think clinging onto early impressions sets up unhealthy expectations. When the dust clears and a good amount of people have had their turn and aren't just orgasming over the visuals, I think we'll get a much clearer picture of what the actual game is like. Cause at this point it feels like people are impressed by the window dressing (visuals and presentation) and not by the actual game

BiGBoSSMk23

If you haven't finished the story, why are you even commenting on it at this point.

You've now planted Killzone levels of mediocrity in peoples' head lol

Because a lot of people were comparing it to the last of us, and it doesn't grab you quite like that. The more you play that intro, the less it feels like TLOU.

With the TLOU, your curiosity and emotional investment is peaked right from the get go. From then on it's "hold on tight!"

That's not the case here. That's literally all I said. You're all so fuckin' jumpy.

I wanted to give you all the play by play. But if you would prefer radio silence...

Ricky_R

You're right. One doesn't negate the other. I just found the shift in tone amusing. I'm not doubting your experience at all, btw.

Verendus

Banned
Oh, absolutely.

You'll never get to electrically blow off a limb , or explode a beautiful Victorian carriage in the same way you do in The Order as you do in any other game.

I think the infamous phrase: "Like a painting come to life" has never been more appropriate.

You can tell these guys worked on God of War. It's a very visual art piece type of game. With a very well conceived period artstyle.
Finish the game, come back, and let's do rank wars. Rest of you who have finished it, feel free to join in. Here, I'll start.

Shit > The Order: 1886

Theman2k

These are useful impressions that clue people in on what to expect. I think clinging onto early impressions sets up unhealthy expectations. When the dust clears and a good amount of people have had their turn and aren't just orgasming over the visuals, I think we'll get a much clearer picture of what the actual game is like. Cause at this point it feels like people are impressed by the window dressing (visuals and presentation) and not by the actual game

It can happen, he was really hyped for the game, and at the beginning everything seemed awesome to him. which is fine.
If you will read my first impressions, you could tell i waited to asses the game better.
which was a good decision, i think he sees the game for what it is now.
more in line with agreeing with me possibly.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I captured this from some of the footage I was watching. Some brutal shit in this game:

CplDzRt.gif
I remember that animation from the trailer. My least favorite melee execution by far, looks very obviously like two actors hitting each other instead of that "Mmm goddamn you got knocked the **** out" look from some of the other executions like the one against the pillar that was posted earlier.

BiGBoSSMk23

Not entirely ...

It's just the way the exposition is handled in the earlier chapters that I was griping about.

This game is a very tight, complete package. Nothing's gonna take that away. No Killzone comparison. Nothing.

It's just a nitpicky pet peeve of mine when it comes to story telling. I guess I have high standards.

I'm sure this will be debated at length in the spoilers thread.

orochi91

Finish the game, come back, and let's do rank wars. Rest of you who have finished it, feel free to join in. Here, I'll start.

Shit > The Order: 1886

lol

Did a werewolf take a dump on your chest today?

I wanted to give you all the play by play. But if you would prefer radio silence...

Nah, I appreciate your input, just not personally keen on incomplete commentary regarding the game's narrative.

Narrative in most games will always be subjective.
For sure. I was just pointing out the contrast of opinion.

I always reserve judgement on things to make myself. While I appreciate impressions and reviews ect. I never base purchasing decisions on them personally. I always like to make up my own mind as there are too many games I love and things I love about them that many others hate and vice versa.

BiGBoSSMk23

It can happen, he was really hyped for the game, and at the beginning everything seemed awesome to him. which is fine.
If you will read my first impressions, you could tell i waited to asses the game better.

1008.gif

Not entirely ...

It's just the way the exposition is handled in the earlier chapters that I was griping about.

This game is a very tight, complete package. Nothing's gonna take that away. No Killzone comparison. Nothing.

It's just a nitpicky pet peeve of mine when it comes to story telling. I guess I have high standards.

I'm sure this will be debated at length in the spoilers thread.

I really appreciate the time you guys took to type that up. So thank you. I've been curious about this game since RAD first debuted the teaser trailer at E3. We don't get a lot of gothic style games so it immediately looked interesting, but every showing that RAD had has been a wasted opportunity IMO, it just didn't seem like there was much gameplay under the surface, so I think a lot of people aren't sure what to expect of this game. I don't mind slower games at all since I'm a big fan of visual novels and classic point and click adventures to the new school stuff from Quantic Dream, Telltale, DontNod etc. but the direction of the game confused even me I have to admit (just from viewing the media that's been shown at trade events) since they did seem to focus an awful lot on the more passive side of interaction.

From what I've seen, I personally would have preferred a more straight forward approach to the TPS genre, but I'll wait it out til more people have chipped in on what the gameplay is like, because Theman's comments on short brief gameplay segments sandwiched between exposition has me kind of worried.

BiGBoSSMk23

Y'all don't know what the fuck you want.

Ask for impressions, I give you real, accurate, impressions.

Don't like them.

"Stop giving us incomplete impressions."

THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK IMPRESSIONS ARE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom