• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

ironcreed

Banned
It is pretty obvious to me that they are saving other type of creatures for the inevitable sequel. Remember, The Order was always going to be a trilogy of games.

giphy.gif

Oh god, please!

But he didn't talk about the elders at all. He just said this particular one is the lycan, as if there are others. Or may be other half breeds exist in the lore and the first game is focused on lycans? I don't know.
This is what I think as well. If the game features some creatures beside Lycan, why do RaD not tease it? It is a bad move when not hyping people with good stuffs of the game. In addition, everything they've shown us about monsters has only been about Lycan so far. There has been no word about existence of another kind half-breed. So yeah, I think Lycan will likely to be the main half-breed in the game. Vampires, Van Helsing or Dracula might happen though, but only until very last section of the game.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
This is what I think as well. If the game features some creatures beside Lycan, why do RaD not tease it? It is a bad move when not hyping people with good stuffs of the game. In addition, everything they've shown us about monsters has only been about Lycan so far. There has been no word about existence of another kind half-breed. So yeah, I think Lycan will likely to be the main half-breed in the game. Vampires, Van Helsing or Dracula might happen though, but only until very last section of the game.

I think based on all the order exposed stuff and dude putting his own blood into vial and whatnot, I think it's very likely at least one the order duders is a vampire, if not all of them.

I think based on all the order exposed stuff and dude putting his own blood into vial and whatnot, I think it's very likely at least one the order duders is a vampire, if not all of them.
This is totally possible. Who is the greatest nemesis of werewolves? It's vampire. So, hunting down every Lycan existing means The Order can get rid of their biggest threat and rule the world with their power.

It may sound silly but still this is my honest opinion :)

OsirisBlack

Banned
But he didn't talk about the elders at all. He just said this particular one is the lycan, as if there are others. Or may be other half breeds exist in the lore and the first game is focused on lycans? I don't know.

This isn't the first time he has hinted at another type of half breed. I would not be surprised if they showed up at the end of the game in a piece that sets up a sequel or if something other than lycan was pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Jabba

Banned
Going to be getting day one like Driveclub. I think The Order: 1886 will fill what I'm looking for lately what Valiant Hearts did. I'm looking forward to this for mostly story purposes.

I'll only get excited about that city environment if there's a chaotic shootout set there. Like right on those cobblestones with the NPCs running around all crazy and Galahad tracking his enemies through the whole mess.

Saberus

That's me inspecting the floor stone work, every pore and crevice. 80 hours confirmed.

Sounds like a plan, hope we have time for stuff like this, or will there be someone trying to shoot our ass off every second.

As for visuals go, they appear top notch.. this will be a good bar to measure future ps4 games developed for this hardware only. Think this will be the first engine that was built only for ps4. All others including ND have started with their ps3 engine and built up from there.

So big props to RAD.

viveks86

This isn't the first time he has hinted at another type of half breed. I would not be surprised if they showed up at the end of the game in a piece that sets up a sequel or if something other than lycan was pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Oh it's not the first time. This was hinted when Game Informer revealed the game 15 months ago. But not a peep since.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Oh it's not the first time. This was hinted when Game Informer revealed the game 15 months ago. But not a peep since.

Well during the building the lycans video Ru also let it slip when he said "this particular type of half breed." wording is always similar. I am pretty confident there is something else just wondering if my original theory was more spot on that I thought. I really think black water is blood of some sort and more specifically vampire blood. Because of when the order was started they would have to run into Vlad at some point in time.

ChawlieTheFair

Well during the building the lycans video Ru also let it slip when he said "this particular type of half breed." wording is always similar. I am pretty confident there is something else just wondering if my original theory was more spot on that I thought. I really think black water is blood of some sort and more specifically vampire blood. Because of when the order was started they would have to run into Vlad at some point in time.

If Gary Oldman isn't at least in a sequel I will be severely disappointed.

viveks86

THNyYEV.jpg

The clearer this image gets, the more it's starting to look like concept art. The building on the right looks like brush strokes, similar to older concept artwork we've seen.

iratA

This and Uncharted in the same year, wow. This game will be something special no doubt. The feast for the eyes is huge. Ready At Dawn you had me since Daxter on PSP, that game was pure fun and one of the best looking titles on the system as well. The Order 1886 can not come soon enough. I predict R.A.D. will be the next big thing from Sony on everyone's lips... welcome to home console AAA.

Lemondish

I think it's a bad move to spoil the discovery of those things with never-ending teases.

THNyYEV.jpg

The clearer this image gets, the more it's starting to look like concept art. The building on the right looks like brush strokes, similar to older concept artwork we've seen.
Hard to say it is concept art considering the fact that they only showed screenshots at TGS.

It is blurry but I do notice aliasing.

viveks86

Galahad looks pretty clearly rendered to me.

True. Could be in-game models incorporated into concept art. The right 1/3rd of the screen does not look like an in-engine render.

It has been done before:

RLkGJNA.jpg

The-Order-1886_Concept-Art-1.jpg

Both these artwork have in-game models too

It could be, but it doesn't look like concept art that they've released in the past

As you can clearly see from those shots they all have different styles too. Could be different artists.

I have to say, Ready at Dawn really nailed the look of these half breeds in The Order: 1886. They look so damn good. One of the best representation of the half breed in any medium ever (IMHO)

wXq7wBe.png

I love this look. So human-like and beastly at the same time. Creepy!

viveks86

In fact I think the Lycan shot is concept art too. The portion below his neck has that painted look as well.

Lol. It's crazy how blurred these lines have become! :D

ChawlieTheFair

In fact I think the Lycan shot is concept art too. The portion below his neck has that painted look as well.

Lol. It's crazy how blurred these lines have become! :D

tumblr_mjzekhkqUu1qlsrn9o1_500.gif

I only just noticed after you pointed it out in the other shot lol, always wondered why Galahad's head was just flat on the top lol.

OneLetter

THNyYEV.jpg

I can confirm this is not concept art, and is from in-game. Same for the Lycan. Also, the transformation of the Lycans are real-time, not pre-rendered.

**Edited for clarity**

Putty

Getting closer! Fuck the reviews, just like DC. I've seen enough footage to know this will be all over my face like a bad fucking case of acne after a horrific acid attack!

luca_29_bg

I can confirm this is not concept art, and is from in-game. Same for the Lycan. Also, the transformation of the Lycans are real-time, not pre-rendered.

**Edited for clarity**

just one question one letter, do you can say us how many npc will tipically wandering in the these kind of sections ?

Top Bottom