• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

viveks86

Galahad is established as a violent man, hardened by the years he's been in service and Mallory's teachings. He has a one track mind for stopping the half breeds and won't let anything get in his way. He came off as much more of an anti-hero to me. The urgency came from his own obsession and one minded nature to deal with a half breed threat at any cost. It clouds his judgement and drives him forward the second he can stand.

If that's how they thought of Galahad as a person, then he's a horribly written character. Pretty sure they wanted him to come across as the most noble knight of them all. That's the reason he is called Galahad, who in Arthurian legend is considered to be the purest of knights. Also here is an official description of his character:

Jaded and numb to the violence he witnessed day-to-day, Galahad was world-weary with a calm, cool, professional demeanor.

Your post directly contradicts everything they've said about him so far.

Anung

Un Rama
For me it kind of felt like Spec Ops in that its a competent third person shooter and in this games case its elevated by the meaty imaginative weaponry.

steven28

I finished the game last night and i really liked it.I was only let down by the lycan encounters
the smaller lycans i mean..they reminded me of the creatures from dead space 2
but i felt they could have done so much more with them in the game especially during the creepy
underground tunnel sections
.I really liked the
elder lycan fights though..and holy shit at the graphics during the final boss fight,amazing
.Stealth and qte elements didn't bother me at all,i found them very easy.Guns all felt great but the special weapons are very underused.Story started to really pick up nearer the end of the game but then it just kinda ends..i guess they wanted to keep alot of it back for the sequel.Yeah i'm really interested to see where the story goes from here.I really hope rad get to make a sequel..it would be such a shame to have the sequel cancelled due to low review scores.Took me 15 hours to complete but i found all the collectables and examination items on the first playthrough and i couldn't stop taking screenshots.I'm going to playthrough it again in a few days to get all the trophies and use the knight's arsenal dlc.

score 8/10

viveks86

There's a lot of characterization in subtext in this game, which is something I always appreciate but tends to go missed by a lot of people. Galahad isn't some gallant knight, he's an obsessive brute out to exterminate half breeds because duty is all he knows.

Wut? Now you are making stuff up to justify the script. That's exactly how Galahad is portrayed. From Game Informer:

Like the Galahad of real-world legend, Galahad in The Order is renowned for his gallantry, and being among the best of the knights.

And he isn't obsessive and single minded at all. The whole game was about his internal conflict in having to kills rebels. Are you saying he was conflicted in killing rebels but not conflicted in killing his own people? Because there was a werewolf in the order for God knows how long?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If that's how they thought of Galahad as a person, then he's a horribly written character. Pretty sure they wanted him to come across as the most noble knight of them all. That's the reason he is called Galahad, who in Arthurian legend is considered to be the purest of knights. Also here is an official description of his character:

Your post directly contradicts everything they've said about him so far.

I figured the name was an intentional juxtaposition. Oh well, I could be totally off base. That's just the interpretation I got from the final events.

And he isn't obsessive and single minded at all. The whole game was about his internal conflict in having to kills rebels.

I really didn't get much of a conflict with him having to kill rebels, just the same as he seemed to have no issues killing the company men. I felt that he kind of lost it after Mallory died as well. He seemed far more brash and out of it pushing others away in his search to get some answers. During the bridge battle is when Galahad seemed to snap for me. I thought it was an intentional moment when he became a bit unhinged.

AsfaeksBR

I'm missing a lot of those "Kill X enemies with Y gun".
If I restart the game, will I have to kill them all again with certain weapon, or will the kill count from the previous run count toward the Trophy?

I'm missing a lot of those "Kill X enemies with Y gun".
If I restart the game, will I have to kill them all again with certain weapon, or will the kill count from the previous run count toward the Trophy?

I believe the previous kill count carries forward. You can also keep dying/repeating a section and the kills before you died still count even after you restart at the checkpoint

doomquake

Went back to Last of Us today after finishing The Order... Dang...I didn't realize how terrible the interior design is inside the rooms compared to the storyful rooms and closets of LoU.
Anyway..still can't wait to play the Order again. Totally worth it.

Also figured out you can adjust a picture to 21:9 aspect on my lg monitor..so The O fills the entire screen.

AsfaeksBR

I believe the previous kill count carries forward. You can also keep dying/repeating a section and the kills before you died still count even after you restart at the checkpoint

Oh, good to know.
But I still have to make a full playthrough to get all the collectables!
Thanks!

My god the werewolf fights are all identical... enter a room of shelves with crates on them... machine gun 3 werewolves and stab them. Zero tension, absolutely no variance in the encounters... bums me out.

PBY

Banned
Just got to the airship. QTES are really getting more and more grating, the stealth parts really hit home how shitty it feels.

Graphics and atmosphere still amazing, the real reason why I'm enjoying it. Story had gotten pretty crappy tbh- but the acting and tone are still cool.

viveks86

I really didn't get much of a conflict with him having to kill rebels, just the same as he seemed to have no issues killing the company men. I felt that he kind of lost it after Mallory died as well. He seemed far more brash and out of it.

Exactly. That's where I lost interest in the story. After Mallory's death, we were essentially playing a madman going on murderous rampage after murderous rampage, just to feed gamers' power fantasy and lust for gratuitous violence. Everything stopped making sense from a narrative standpoint. We weren't playing the hero anymore, though a lot of players would not recognize this at all. Pretty sure RAD doesn't either. Wait till the sequel where you play as the hero again. If, as you said, he is portrayed as an anti-hero, I'll gladly accept that I'm wrong

alterno69

Banned
Keeping in mind this knights are centuries old, they are more worried about humanity as a whole and if they have to kill innocent people on their way to keep the balance between all the forces so be it.

I had no problem with the story, kept me enterteined all the way.

Exactly. That's where I lost interest in the story. After Mallory's death, we were essentially playing a madman going on murderous rampage after murderous rampage, just to feed gamers' power fantasy and lust for gratuitous violence. Everything stopped making sense from a narrative standpoint. We weren't playing the hero anymore, though a lot of players would not recognize this at all. Pretty sure RAD doesn't either. Wait till the sequel where you play as the hero again. If, as you said, he is portrayed as an anti-hero, I'll gladly accept that I'm wrong

I didn't see it that way, while his demeanor changed after Mallory's death, I still think his spirit was noble. He was trying to do the right thing and bring those in the wrong to justice, regardless of the cost. The cowardly thing to do was turn backs to it like the rest of The Order seemed to.

viveks86

I really didn't get much of a conflict with him having to kill rebels

Neither did I. Even though that's exactly the story they wanted to tell. From GI:

This complex class warfare is an emerging dilemma for Galahad, who has spent his life in battle against the supernatural threat of horrible half-breed creatures – it’s hard for him to wrap his mind around fighting his own kind. Through the course of the game, we learn who he is through his responses to these conflicts.

I didn't see it that way, while his demeanor changed after Mallory's death, I still think his spirit was noble. He was trying to do the right thing and bring those in the wrong to justice, regardless of the cost. The cowardly thing to do was turn backs to it like the rest of The Order seemed to.

So how were the people he murdered in chapter 15 in the wrong?

Elginer

Ok some finally impressions for anyone still on fence. Just my two cents.

Thoughts on The Order 1886 [WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!]

Let me just get this out of the way, The Order 1886 is not for everyone. That and it isn’t 5 hours long. The average experience time for The Order is about 7 to 8 hours give or take a bit. But this post isn’t a discussion on the whole time vs value proposition that seems to have plagued this game since launch. You’ll find plenty of discussion just about anywhere else on that, I’m here to talk about the actual product.

The Order 1886 is very much a mix of an adventure title like Heavy Rain or any of the TellTale Games (minus any story decisions) mixed with some brutal third person shooting action like Gears of War. It’s an odd combination that I sure as hell would never have thought of putting together but developer Ready at Dawn did.

It’s also and no bullshit, one of the prettiest pieces of software around. This game is polished to a level that is just embarrassing for other studios. The attention to detail on uniforms, buildings and characters is mind blowing stuff. Ready at Dawn’s goals were to make an interactive experience with some of the most beautiful and polished production values capable on todays current gen platforms. Mission accomplished on that front.

What the title isn’t, is a balls to the wall non-stop thrill ride like Gears of War or Uncharted, which is what I believe many were expecting. This is NOT that game. The best way to describe The Order is - an interactive movie with third person shooting gaming elements, wrapped in the most stunning visuals this console can create. It wasn’t really advertised as that very well, but more as Gears of War set in Victorian London with monsters. That’s very much the game I wanted, but The Order 1886 only gives us glimpses on the title many wanted it to be. I understand that Ready at Dawn very much wants to make this universe cinematic but upon reflection as I drawn close to the end of The Order I have some thoughts for the developers.

Make more gameplay moments. Learn to better pace your story and you can have your gorgeous looking cutscenes, but have them wrapped around a solid hour or two of gameplay. You may even want to try to incorporate some of them into the gameplay itself without taking control away from players.

The gameplay that is here is fun and thrilling. Leagues above anything in an adventure game.

It’s not perfect but a damn solid foundation for a sequel. Guns are heavy and exciting and combat is meaty. Just give us more of it. Expand your combat bowls as well. Open up combat areas for more unique encounters. Lycans and other… things… make some for incredible enemies, don’t waste that potential with hardly there AI routines that don’t challenge me. Lycans are powerful and bloodthirsty beasts, make the combat with them equally as bloodthirsty as their designs.

Add some puzzles and collectibles that mean something. Audio logs found should be able to be listened to in-game (they can only be listened to in the archives area of the menu). You’ve made a beautiful world, let me explore it. There is mystery in every corner of this dark and eerie universe but it’s wasted.

The universe of The Order has amazing potential, full of characters and a history I want to hear more of; let me discover it at my own pace. Let me piece together the mystery you’ve woven, instead of directing me towards it in a cinematic. You’ve done a great job of putting small bits of it littered throughout but most of it leads no where (perhaps for a sequel). I want to learn more about this mystical Black Water and how it affects Knights that have been using it for centuries. We hear hints of Knights so old they fought beside King Arthur himself, That sounds bloody amazing! Give us more of that.

If they can fix these problems, keep this amazing graphics engine, and put in the work for a horde mode where we fight monsters with friends - Damn - The Order could be amazing. As it stands it’s a beautiful but flawed experiment in smashing cinematic storytelling with gaming. BioShock Infinite, while not as fully fleshed as I’d have liked, tied up loose ends in the story it had to tell, but left me with an eye towards what else could be possible in that fictional world. Video games are an amazing interactive media where players can be engaged much deeper than film ever could, remember that while we love a story and the artistic beauty of these worlds you conjure, it has to let us deeply play with it first.

For those on the fence if this is worth your hard earned money, it comes down to setting your expectations accordingly.

If you appreciate a beautiful world, shimmering with artistic love from every corner, blended with an interesting tale and some fun but short lived third person gameplay this is for you. If you’re looking for a blockbuster summer movie with non-stop explosions and gunplay, The Order will leave you severely wanting.

Ready at Dawn’s The Order 1886 is an intriguing and flawed, slowburn adventure, filled with moments of bombastic action and genuine emotion that are too short lived but ultimately thrilling all said and done. It’s a universe that I want more of, and that’s not something I often say of new IPs. It’s a title I’d recommend to any PS4 owner to experience at some point in the future. Whether that’s when it hits the bargain bin (or a rental) is up to you.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I do find it kind of funny that the point that I thought was a rather interesting turn in character development was one where you checked out. I thought the whole story from him unraveling to eventually losing the title of Galahad due to his brash nature was symbolic. I know RaD has also described him as "jaded and numb to the violence he witnessed day-to-day" I also felt like it was a way of illustrating how out of touch with humanity the knights were due to their age.

This game deserves another.

It impresses me more than the first Uncharted did. i think Ready at Dawn has established a really solid fundation in which to grow the franchise, once the rough edges are polished this would please quite a bit more than this first try. Here's hoping the game has enough commercial success to warrant a sequel.

Sincerely impressed with the artist might this studio has.

That was a good weekend rental. First Platinum Trophy
Graphics, atmosphere and lore are great. There were parts it felt I was transported to the game
Story is not bad. predictable, but still enjoyed it. The presentation was good

Dying Light and now this. WTH is going on with these final boss battles.

I would like to see more of this game with its graphics. Adventure game even. QTE and dialogue choices

How can the rest of the Order turn their backs to something they don't know about.

The only people within The Order who knew about it were Galahad who decided not to tell anyone else about it except the only two other people who knew already because they were involved.

So how were the people he murdered in chapter 15 in the wrong?

Collateral damage, unfortunately. He makes a mention earlier in the game on the airship when the group says they won't be able to differentiate between the company employees and rebels "We will do what we must, like we always have" or something to that effect. His willingness to succeed in his mission at the cost of potential innocents was established prior to Mallory's death, that did not change.

How can the rest of the Order turn their backs to something they don't know about.

The only people within The Order who knew about it were Galahad who decided not to tell anyone else about it except the only two other people who knew already because they were involved.

Galahad was stupid for not explaining himself better, but they also showed no interest in hearing his side of things. You would think someone of his legacy and stature would be deserving of their ears, even briefly

viveks86

I do find it kind of funny that the point that I thought was a rather interesting turn in character development was one where you checked out. I thought the whole story from him unraveling to eventually losing the title of Galahad due to his brash nature was symbolic. I know RaD has also described him as being desensitized to the violence he sees every day so I thought that was all intentional. I also felt like it was a way of illustrating how out of touch with humanity the knights were due to their age.

I think you are reading too much into it. They are desensitized to violence because they see death all the time. But they still value human life, otherwise why bother saving the world from half breeds? If he doesn't value human life, then he has no purpose.

viveks86

Collateral damage, unfortunately. He makes a mention earlier in the game on the airship when the group says they won't be able to differentiate between the company employees and rebels "We will do what we must, like we always have" or something to that effect. His willingness to succeed in his mission at the cost of potential innocents was established prior to Mallory's death, that did not change.

Again, collateral damage for what? The airship mission had an assassination attempt that had to be neutralized immediately. What immediate emergency was there in chapter 15? The man woke up after sleeping for days. Nobody was in immediate danger. Why didn't he even try to exhaust so many other options he had?

Triz

Completed the campaign today. Would give it a solid 8. Liked the combat, graphics and story. Disliked the auto fail stealth missions. Game didn't serve the hate it received from reviewers.

Finished on Hard and got the platinum. First play-through took me about 8hrs, then a few more on top of that to clean up the trophies. 12 year old me who only got 2 games a year would have been furious, but 30 year old me found the game a perfect length. Any longer and it might have dragged a bit.

I really enjoyed this game. It's certainly not without its faults (some more annoying that others), but it was a wild ride from start to finish, and the graphics are worth the price of entry alone. I found myself stopping to stare at things all the time, from the felt uniforms catching sunlight, to a ridiculously realistic apple. The attention to detail was staggering. Anyway, here are my key points:

The Good

• Graphics. Good grief the game looks phenomenal. It was jaw dropping at all times.
  • Soundtrack/SFX/VA. Great atmospheric score, and the sound effects, especially the weapon effects were great. Voice actors were invariably fantastic.
  • Gunplay. The Shotgun. My God the shotgun. Really enjoyed the shooting parts of the game, was very satisfying blowing a bloke's leg off, or zapping his head into a fine mist. The Thermite gun was wicked fun.
  • Atmosphere. The game oozed it at all times, and it was incredibly easy to get sucked into the world.
  • Story (mostly). The setup was great, and the overarching world they created very interesting,
    but let down by the ending
  • Characters. They were all great, but especially Gallahad, Igraine and
    Lakshmi
    . Really want to see where these characters go from here.

The Bad

• My TV's a little bit older, and often I need to adjust the borders. basically every game lets me do that, except the Order. The instructions on the right of screen were cut off a bit, which was enough to often render them useless. Bizarre basic options omission.
  • Don't force me to walk. This made me so disproportionately and irrationally angry when it happened, and it happened a lot. I don't care if you're trying to create a certain atmosphere in a game segment, I don't care if you think "Gallahad wouldn't run in this situation", I don't care. Don't take that choice out of my hands. It's bad game design. It was an incorrect decision they made as designers. I'm controlling Gallahad, not you. This more than anything took me out of the cinematic experience they were trying to craft. It was artificial and annoying. In one of the opening sequences when I'm walking to meet Igraine she says something to the effect of "you got here fast" and I yelled back at my TV "oh no I bloody didn't." This made me so mad.
  • Can't pause cut scenes? Can't skip cut scenes on 2nd play-through? What year is this?
  • Lack of variety. While I really enjoyed the game, it really was just walking and shooting. Even just a few on-rails segments would have mixed things up a bit (riding on a carriage, or shooting from the airship, anything really).
  • Limited collectables tracking made trophy sweep-up annoying.
  • Story elements/ending.
    Basically the 2nd half of the game could have been prevented if Gallahad would just talk to Igraine instead of "not now Izzy", "i'll explain later", "there's no time to explain." There was HEAPS of time to explain you idiot! And the whole ending with Alastair was confusing. He's a lycan his whole life, why on EARTH would he be allowed into the order, regardless of who his father is? And why would he suddenly help cover up a vampire murder spree? His character was all over the place. And why would his being a lycan bring the Order to its knees? It would just bring the head of the order to his knees, and rightfully so. The ending really left a bad taste in my mouth.
    [*]
    Repeated boss fight felt cheap.

Overall I think it was a good if flawed start to what I hope becomes a series. My local JBHIFI was sold out of the Order on Friday, so hopefully the game sells enough to warrant a sequel.

Edit: Thanks. But goddamn you.

Arlen777

Bought for 52$ with at Bestbuy with GCU, beat it in 2 short sittings, traded in back to BestBuy for 45$, they have promo going on with 30% trade in bonus.

Not a bad game experience for 7$ i must say.

On the positive note, here is me wishing Fallout 4 would have graphics like 1886...........

Again, collateral damage for what? The airship mission had an assassination attempt that had to be neutralized immediately. What immediate emergency was there in chapter 15? The man woke up after sleeping for days. Why didn't he even try to exhaust so many other options he had?

His own mission at that point was to expose Lucan

Also - I liked the story and now I don't want to think too much more about it for fear it will be ruined it so I'm going to pretend he had no other options :p

I am well aware that he did.

Galahad was stupid for not explaining himself better, but they also showed no interest in hearing his side of things. You would think someone of his legacy and stature would be deserving of their ears, even briefly

Who showed no interest? Are you talking about his trial? After he had been seen with the rebel commander, chewed Ise's head off when she confronted him about it and refused to tell her what was going on, then attacked the United India Company's house.

Given that in the ending the Lord Chancellor says that Ise and the rest of the Order can't know about Lucan being a Lycan, that would suggest that during his trial Galahad again didn't try to explain any of what was actually going on.

GRaider81

Just got the plat.

Enjoyed it a lot. Shame its getting a lot of flak.

Great characters, environment and atmosphere. Would definitely buy a sequel.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think you are reading too much into it. They are desensitized to violence because they see death all the time. But they still value human life, otherwise why bother saving the world from half breeds? If he doesn't value human life, then he has no purpose.

After you responded I edited in the exact quote from RaD, "jaded and numb to the violence he sees every day." I can get why you would have the reaction you are but I do think there's more to it. Unfortunately there isn't much more I can refer to in the game as evidence. Fun debate though!

viveks86

His own mission at that point was to expose Lucan

Exactly. That was his only mission. To expose someone who has been doing what he does for decades (or centuries?). That is not something any rational person can justify with so many deaths within a short timespan. Now that the dust had settled, he could've sought Lafayette's help to expose him. He could've tried to reconcile with Igraine. He could've used Tesla to organize these meetings. He could have used people from the rebellion to spread the word and expose him publicly. But no, he tells Devi that he has to do all this alone, because reasons...

I wonder what the percentage rarity will be on the platinum trophy and the "beat the game" trophy on this game in like a year.

I bet its probably way higher than almost anything else.

Regarding violence and trust, we should not forget that it's 1886 we are talking about, things must be pretty violent back then and no that open minded.

Kvik

I can vouch that the complaints about text size in the newspapers are legit. Those were especially bothersome for us who likes the lore and actually spending time reading all the bits in the newspaper. I would prefer if there's a zoom feature (a la TLOU) for a more legible text.

It is also a shame about the phonograph recordings, there were way too little to be found. I enjoyed listening to "The Anarchists" and "The Captain's Testament", but I'm keen to hear some sort of bestiary on Half-breeds, Elders and other creatures.

Also, The Elder fight should've been a legit boss battle where we timed our dodges, interspersed with light/heavy attacks, instead of QTEs. And if they really need to shoehorn a QTE mechanic, at least let us crits our opponent first (a la FFXIII, for example)

I didn't mind the lockpick/shortcircuit minigames, although in my opinion the lockpicking mechanism didn't really need the X-ray vision since I can feel the vibration quite clearly when the tumblers are aligned.

I thoroughly enjoyed shooting with the Thermite and Arc rifles, 3-slug shotgun and the Arbalest crossbow (Hard difficulty with Aim-assist off). Some encounters with Detonators and 3-slug shotgunners were actually pretty intense.

If one can hope for a decent sequel, I do hope they'll improve on the boss battles, stealth mechanics and lore/world building. I consider this game is a "flawed classic" since it left me wanting more.

Hoje0308

Banned

I just assumed Galahad was meant to be the unlikely anti-hero, which is why I enjoyed the second half of the game so much. I love watching characters unravel and my only complaint is that Galahad wasn't developed enough to really make Grayson more interesting.

Schryver

I want to know your strategy for that last encounter. I died a lot in that room, I wouldn't want to try a higher difficulty in there lol

But yeah, most of the game was not a problem on hard, just those damn shotgunners.

Yeah I mean in the few major battles I died a few times but headshots are so strong that it's really easy to just clean up the enemies while you pop in-and-out of cover. That last battle room isn't difficult once you kill the grenadier. After a few tries I realized the arc gun would just slaughter him and everyone else

Hoje0308

Banned

I'd argue that he's just now finding his purpose in a way, since up to this point he's merely followed orders. Judging from what we saw in the game, said directives involved much more killing of his fellow man that any supernatural creatures. He's been conditioned to kill human beings to accomplish goals, so it doesn't seem too far fetched that he would carry that same mentality into a nervous breakdown situation in which
he 's just lost his mentor and isn't sure who he can trust.
In essence, I would say that he values life, but that his own has led him to see it as having secondary importance to "the mission." I think this is an interesting area in which we can see Grayson develop in the sequel.

I just assumed Galahad was meant to be the unlikely anti-hero, which is why I enjoyed the second half of the game so much. I love watching characters unravel and my only complaint is that Galahad wasn't developed enough to really make Grayson more interesting.

I remember them saying there are no good guys or bad guys but they did a very poor job of showing it .

Exactly. That was his only mission. To expose someone who has been doing what he does for decades (or centuries?). That is not something any rational person can justify with so many deaths within a short timespan. Now that the dust had settled, he could've sought Lafayette's help to expose him. He could've tried to reconcile with Igraine. He could've used Tesla to organize these meetings. He could have used people from the rebellion to spread the word and expose him publicly. But no, he tells Devi that he has to do all this alone, because reasons...

Yep the reason why he had to do everything alone was stupid and to make it worst he know Igraine and other characters for decades.
The last part of the game story wise was rush and made no sense.

viveks86

I just assumed Galahad was meant to be the unlikely anti-hero, which is why I enjoyed the second half of the game so much. I love watching characters unravel

That makes no sense though. If you think his character "unravelled", then his dialogue with the chancellor made no sense. He was pleading him to admit everything at the council and set everything right. He wanted to be part of that story. And when the chancellor asks him to vanish, he complies with no resistance. If he didn't care for the order, why would he bother? There was no moment where he lost his sanity, except after Percival's death. But he abruptly snapped out of it after killing dozens of rebels with a rocket launcher. He was portrayed as the good guy through and through. This anti-hero stuff is some rationalization that people here have come up with to explain what is essentially a badly written second half

I just realized one more thing.
The guards that you fight are part of the group that tortured Galahad for weeks and seemed anxious to kill him once he escaped.

That doesn't mean anything. The guards are doing their job. They weren't torturing him for fun. They were torturing him for answers, and he wouldn't open his mouth. Any knight who has seen centuries of war would expect this after being arrested for insubordination. You are making it seem like the guard's are villains and deserved to die.

Hoje0308

Banned
I remember them saying there are no good guys or bad guys but they did a very poor job of showing it .

You have a link for that? Because there are a lot of gray areas in the game, but
the people involved in the conspiracy
seem like pretty bad people, despite Lucan's attempt to justify their cause and take some kind of moral ground.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I think it was alright in that regard.
The rebels are reckless and out civilians in danger but Lakshmi and her daughter are allies. Mallory says the company men are overly violent and over armed. The guards that hold Galahad torture him for weeks and are almost giddy to kill him once he gets out.

Top Bottom