• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Outfit screens (Xdude 360)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Wow, I'm honestly impressed. Especially since it's a free roaming game. Fully destructible environments, true realtime shadowing (right?), very detailed textures. For a launch title this is really really good. The game is not going for a realistic look and I don't hate the style either. Nice !

newsguy

Guys, the IGN trailer really is awesome. One thing I noticed is that they seem to run very slowly. Is this cause it has some RTS elements and they want the slow pace?

FightyF

Banned
Blimblim said:
Wow, I'm honestly impressed. Especially since it's a free roaming game. Fully destructible environments, true realtime shadowing (right?), very detailed textures. For a launch title this is really really good. The game is not going for a realistic look and I don't hate the style either. Nice !

Yeah the lighting seems unified...so no pansy assed lightmap here, and pixel shadows there. Everything...and it makes sense because if it's fully destructable that's the only way you can do it.

This looks like its going to be a lot of fun, I cant believe people are complaining about the art or the explosions. Its supposed to be cartoony mayhem, not a gritty realistic war sim.

For some reason the first thing I thought of when I saw the game was Ikari Warriors, which is a very good thing. Golly I feel ancient all of a sudden.

Kingpen

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how long of a game this is going to be? I realize it is almost 6 months away from release, but those pre-order dollars count. It says it only has 12 missions to it for single player, and that seems to be a little short to validate a 60 dollar purchase for someone not going on xbox live.

It compares so favorably to Mercenaries, and the length on that game was very good and there was lots of stuff to do.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
THis game looks incredible. Simply incredible.

jets.jpg

trmas

Banned
Just watched the videos. The characters look like they are running in sand, and the animation. or lack thereof is questionable. It looks fun though.

Kiyamon

I think it looks very good. It also looks good in motion (from the vids)... lets see how it holds up when it is total chaos. As the plastic comments I think it is a style thing... do not think this game is going for the realism genre... as you can call in tanks and troops. I think the game looks fun.

Zer0

Banned
holy shit,the game looks excellent now,at full framerate, im going to eat some crow no as the framerate whore i am

sure buy for me

B'z-chan

Banned
the-outfit-20050907062408594.jpg

Bish: Dont fuck with me you white supremacists fuckers. I'll shoot your ass.

haha awsome i cant wait for this game.

Top Bottom