• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The pCARS2 / FM7 / GTS prediction thread (review score and player base)

That´s awesome. I love graphics and stats.

I guess people will only get up when reviews start to come out... i hope it´s not a lack of interest.

This is better than 2004, when we had Toca, Colin McRae, Need for Speed, Nascar (when it was good) and GT4 in the same year.

Now we have these three juggernauts in a span of 30 days.

Branson

That´s awesome. I love graphics and stats.

I guess people will only get up when reviews start to come out... i hope it´s not a lack of interest.

This is better than 2004, when we had Toca, Colin McRae, Need for Speed, Nascar (when it was good) and GT4 in the same year.

Now we have these three juggernauts in a span of 30 days.

I was just thinking about this. We have Dirt 4, F1 2017, WRC 7, Nascar Heat 2 being a step up from last year, PC2, F7, GTS, all out or coming out with the likes of evolving things like iRacing. It's been a decent year for Racing games. And here I thought the genre was dying.

I was just thinking about this. We have Dirt 4, F1 2017, WRC 7, Nascar Heat 2 being a step up from last year, PC2, F7, GTS, all out or coming out with the likes of evolving things like iRacing. It's been a decent year for Racing games. And here I thought the genre was dying.

I agree, other than the big three F1 is sublime and a few other are also very good. It´s like 2004, but better.

Arcade games are fading, there´s only a couple of them doing well, but racing sims and simcades are thriving.

I'm posting this prematurely, but as of right now, if you only consider the metacritic scores for the lead development platform of each game(unless for FM7 it was the XB1X)....

GAF got it 100% right so far:

gafmetacriticpredicti62sga.png

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
How are the console sales for Project Cars 2? According to Steampsy, there are 68,796 owners on Steam as of Oct. 3rd.

coiler

From my not so big PSN friends list (<50)only one person has PC2.
As for GTS let's be pessimistic and say they sell 5% of the install base making it 4mil.

FrankCanada97

I found something interesting. If you average the metacritic scores for Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 across all platforms, Project Cars 2 comes out slightly ahead. 84.66 for Project Cars 2 vs 84 for Forza 7.

Project Cars 2 also has around 79,000 owners on Steam according to Steamspy.

I found something interesting. If you average the metacritic scores for Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 across all platforms, Project Cars 2 comes out slightly ahead. 84.66 for Project Cars 2 vs 84 for Forza 7.

Even if PC is only 10% that´s bad. At this point if they break a million it´s a good thing. I don´t know what this tells us about Pcars3, but they will face the horrible proposition of dumbing it down to sell more. Hopefully this doesn´t happen.

FrankCanada97

Even if PC is only 10% that´s bad. At this point if they break a million it´s a good thing. I don´t know what this tells us about Pcars3, but they will face the horrible proposition of dumbing it down to sell more. Hopefully this doesn´t happen.

I just hope there will be a Project Cars 3. The series differentiates itself from Gran Turismo and Forza well enough, but the public just isn't biting. I don't know if the initial state of the game scared them off or if it wasn't marketed well enough. Bandai Namco certainly doesn't have the marketing might that Microsoft or Sony does.

Mascot

I just hope there will be a Project Cars 3. The series differentiates itself from Gran Turismo and Forza well enough, but the public just isn't biting. I don't know if the initial state of the game scared them off or if it wasn't marketed well enough. Bandai Namco certainly doesn't have the marketing might that Microsoft or Sony does.
Ian Bell said pCARS 3 will probably be more focussed than pCARS 2, but if their F&F game does well and pCARS 2 bombs then that's probably it for the franchise.

They were in denial about the shoddy state of the first game at launch then somehow managed to repeat it for pCARS 2 in the most congested car game window in gaming history. It's little wonder people seem ambivalent. pCARS 2 needed to hit the ground running, not stuttering and stumbling. It's a real shame.

Ian Bell said pCARS 3 will probably be more focussed than pCARS 2, but if their F&F game does well and pCARS 2 bombs then that's probably it for the franchise.

They were in denial about the shoddy state of the first game at launch then somehow managed to repeat it for pCARS 2 in the most congested car game window in gaming history. It's little wonder people seem ambivalent. pCARS 2 needed to hit the ground running, not stuttering and stumbling. It's a real shame.

The driving in the game is miles better than Forza or GTS. I know it´s impossible to outsell those games, but it should, at least, perform on par with the first game.

It´s difficult to be objective when you have a favorite, but i don´t know how can someone on a tight budget not pick Pcars2 instead of the other two.

If anecdotal evidence counts for something, now that my friends saw GTS for what it really is we might have a surge on sales for Pcars2, considering that some were on the fence waiting to see if GTS was really what it looked like and now are bummed.

Gestault

Wait, the Steam ownership is less than 100,000? I'd have assumed more. I know some people felt burned, but from a few months before launch, I thought "buzz" was up from the more drawn out release for PC1.

Mascot

The driving in the game is miles better than Forza or GTS. I know it´s impossible to outsell those games, but it should, at least, perform on par with the first game.

It´s difficult to be objective when you have a favorite, but i don´t know how can someone on a tight budget not pick Pcars2 instead of the other two.

If anecdotal evidence counts for something, now that my friends saw GTS for what it really is we might have a surge on sales for Pcars2, considering that some were on the fence waiting to see if GTS was really what it looked like and now are bummed.

It's a shame that SMS (or more probably, Bandai Namco) didn't have enough confidence in the product to release it after FM7 and GTS, because it definitely needed more time in the oven. Getting first to market seemed to be the main mission though. Early 2018 would probably have been just about right, and even if GTS and FM7 were nigh-on perfect then racing gamers could still have been looking for the next fix by then.

FrankCanada97

Wait, the Steam ownership is less than 100,000? I'd have assumed more. I know some people felt burned, but from a few months before launch, I thought "buzz" was up from the more drawn out release for PC1.
Now it's 85,724 as of Oct. 16th, the number of owners have been fluctuating up and down the past two weeks. I don't know about the buzz, how much marketing did Bandai Namco do?

FrankCanada97

OP how many more reviews for GT Sport do we need before we draw conclusions? I think GAF's predictions was pretty much on the money. It would be safe to say that Project Cars 2 has the lowest playerbase.

As we're going by MetaCritic score, GTS doesn't have enough reviews there yet.

The GTS MC is only based on 15 reviews right now, GT 5 & 6 have over 80 reviews, FM7 has over 70 right now.
40-50 reviews would be a good base for further discussion.

Also it's a bit sad that nobody was able to look up the FM7 player base a week after release. Seems like the sales prediction are mostly worthless at this point.

Top Bottom