• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Phantom Pain, aka Metal Gear Solid V, Announced (360/PS3, "Moby Dick Studio")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I swear to christ every time I look at Joakim's picture it looks like a horrifying photoshop job. If this doesn't turn out to be a Kojima ruse I am going to be more disappointed than anything. I don't even care if it is MGS5 at this point I just want to know what the hell is going on.

Doritopope said:
This man claims to be Joakim Mogren of Moby Dick Studios, developer of The Phantom Pain. http://instagr.am/p/W2VnqPIsHR/

272ae2128cda11e2996722000a9f18fe_7.jpg

Sky Chief

The "METAL GEAR SOLID V" lettering over "THE PHANTOM PAIN" looks even more distinct on the T-shirt, I hope that Geoff asked him about that.

So Geoff is definitely in on it to an extent. If he's not completely in, he's at least playing party to it with this interview of a face wrapped man. I'm all for cryptic trailers and having fun with trolling the fanbase but Darkman doing interviews as the head of a dev company that sprung up out of nowhere seems excessive.

Persona86

Banned
So Geoff is definitely in on it to an extent. If he's not completely in, he's at least playing party to it with this interview of a face wrapped man. I'm all for cryptic trailers and having fun with trolling the fanbase but Darkman doing interviews as the head of a dev company that sprung up out of nowhere seems excessive.

Kinda like something Troy and Abed would do.

JLeack

Banned
I find it amusing that some people are seeing this as a bit annoying. I just think it's hilarious and makes the game that more intriguing.

My theory:

The Phantom Pain has something to do with Liquid Snake!

From the wiki:

He was almost an exact double of Solid Snake in terms of appearance, with the only distinguishable feature being his darker skin tone and fair hair color, due to the environmental conditions in which he spent part of his life. He also had a tattoo on his left arm, which resembled the Rod of Asclepius, but with a sword in its place and with the words "Temptation Revelation."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Temptation Revelation

A copy and paste from the CG thread. But anyways, look very closely at the laptop in the picture Kojima's just tweeted.

BFXtUpDCQAEed9b.jpg:large

That sure looks like Keighey's picture from about 12 hours ago, doesn't it (at least the top half does anyways)?

Mr. RHC

A copy and paste from the CG thread. But anyways, look very closely at the laptop in the picture Kojima's just tweeted.

That sure looks like Keighey's picture from about 12 hours ago, doesn't it (at least the top half does anyways)?

Checkpot, I'm surprised he isn't having Popcorn though, xD.

Gustavovj

Neo Member
Do you really think Cliff B is Mogren? It looks weird to me, now as for the FOX engine watermark... I think we have the new Metal Gear in front of us, hope it gets released on current gen consoles as well

Salaadin

Do you really think Cliff B is Mogren? It looks weird to me, now as for the FOX engine watermark... I think we have the new Metal Gear in front of us, hope it gets released on current gen consoles as well

I dont think he is. There are similarities but ther are also too many differences. Id bet that Mogren is just some actor or a random guy on the dev team willing to wrap his face in bandages and dodge questions for 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom