• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Uncharted, wipeout, gravity rush etc are awesome, but please gaf support less famous titles too, titles like putty squad, mutant blobs attack, alien spidy etc :D

My dream announcements for vita?
1)amiga revival: amiga collection or remakes(ala putty squad, sorry stardust, i want hd 2d games! XD )
2)fallout 3 spinoff: seriously bethesda, take fallout 3 as is(same environements, characters, enemies etc), adjust it for vita, make a new story(even shitty i don't mind), add a pair of new abilities and i' pay an insane, INSANE, amount of money

Suzzopher

I'm surprised Amazon still haven't cancelled the order to be honest.

Edit: Still thinking of cancelling my MvC3 order and waiting a couple of weeks for Street Fighter x Tekken instead.

Number45

Behold:

MGVppl.png

I'm sure they'll cancel it before long!

Binabik15

They had a wrong price and a couple of gaffers were quick to preorder.

Ah, okay.

For I moment I pictured a horrible pre-launch bomba and Ancel's crucified body being dsiplayed in fronz of Ubisoft's hq.

All five launch titles from Ubisoft were mis-priced on Amazon.co.uk for a few hours. You need to pay more attention to the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread!

:(

It's true, I haven't checked the thread more than once every (other) day for quite some time. Every time I check the deals are on sites that don't send to where I live, are on systems I don't want the games on or snatched up by hotukdeal guys in seconds. Now there's a great deal and I miss it.

Damn first world problems.

PS: Is there a launch date for SFxTekken? Amazon.de doesn't even list the game for Vita and Zavvi says 22.2. as a placeholder date.

Yeah, the more recent trailers show stuff like "PS Vita version also in development!" and don't mention a specific date. I think it will trail a couple of months behind the console versions.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Sorry if this is stupid question...

Can I download and play the 10 free digital games (GT, Assassins Creed, Mod Nation, Wipeout Pure etc) I got with my PSP go on the Vita when it's released?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sorry if this is stupid question...

Can I download and play the 10 free digital games (GT, Assassins Creed, Mod Nation, Wipeout Pure etc) I got with my PSP go on the Vita when it's released?
Yeah, since they're tied to your account.

As for the SFxT, I'm pretty bummed as well, since I was sure it comes out at the same time as the HD versions.

Ainigma

Neo Member
Yeah, since they're tied to your account.

As for the SFxT, I'm pretty bummed as well, since I was sure it comes out at the same time as the HD versions.

Thanks.

I hope in the future, publishers release dual format packs where you get PS3 and vita versions together for a reasonable price.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks.

I hope in the future, publishers release dual format packs where you get PS3 and vita versions together for a reasonable price.
They're already doing it with some games, although I can't remember any other than Motorstorm.

PSN prices = MSRP

They don't have to reveal them.

Even MRSP prices aren't what Sony said they would be. In december there was a blog post with prices for their games. Now every game is 50 Euro on Amazon.de. SCEE can't be trusted when it comes to prices. They will fuck up the PSN prices big time and charge MSRP. Then watch SCEA price games with a 20% discount on PSN. The outrage on the EU blog will be glorious.

Suzzopher

Even MRSP prices aren't what Sony said they would be. In december there was a blog post with prices for their games. Now every game is 50 Euro on Amazon.de. SCEE can't be trusted when it comes to prices. They will fuck up the PSN prices big time and charge MSRP. Then watch SCEA price games with a 20% discount on PSN. The outrage on the EU blog will be glorious.

I fully expect the American PSN to have better pricing for digital releases than the Euro store. I wish I could change my primary PSN account's region.

I fully expect the American PSN to have better pricing for digital releases than the Euro store. I wish I could change my primary PSN account's region.

Just take Modnation Racers or Everybodys Golf for example.

MSRP in America is 29,99 dollars.

MSRP in Europe according to Amazon.de is 49,99 Euro.

I expect SCEA to charge 24,99 dollars for the download. SCEE will probably charge the same 49,99 Euro ;)

How sad would that be?

2 weeks from release and still no PSN prices is a major clusterfuck, what is Sony even doing?

you just want to see the prices lol. But seriously though, I hope they do reveal them, at least tomorrow and oh! A PSP storewide sale would make me very happy.

BadWolf

2 weeks from release and still no PSN prices is a major clusterfuck, what is Sony even doing?

They probably want to boost retail sales, announce the prices now and if lower then I can see a lot of ppl cancelling their pre-orders and what not.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That was true of PSP too. It's not a question of fair, it's a question of market strength.

That's what my answer was going to be. I'm buying most Vita games retail anyways. Unless the inevitable great PSN sale happens. That's when, much like Steam, I jump on the games for reasonable prices.

Takao

Banned
SCEE is more likely to offer discounts on downloads than SCEA is.

Also, Hot Shots is $39.99 right now, and that's likely its MSRP.

Wazzim

Banned

I expect SCEA to charge 24,99 dollars for the download. SCEE will probably charge the same 49,99 Euro ;)

How sad would that be?

MSRP for Everybody's Golf, Wipeout 2048 and most other big releases is €40 in Europe.
MSRP for FIFA, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted is €50
Reality Fighters, Katamari, Ridge Racer, Asphalt and a couple of other games are €29,99.

It's basically a scam by SCEE but there is nothing we can do. Even SCEJ isn't as bad as these guys.

How sad would that be?

Sad enought to create a US PSN account to be the main Vita account. When I got my PSPgo, I made one. PSN EU prices are awful.

Just looked at an australian retailers site and saw Lumines costs $70!!
Compared to Uncharted for $60.

Surely the US Lumines isnt that high.
How big could its budget have been?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Do we have any word on Ridge Racer yet? Is it still the same bullshit package that Japan received or did they add some additional content?

Top Bottom