• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

DBT85

For anyone that had pre ordered with Amazon.co.uk before their new offer I just got this from them

We have recently added a PlayStation Vita bundle offer in which you can get an 8GB memory card for free and a selected game for £15.

As you have pre-ordered already, rest assured that you will not miss out.

We will send promotional codes and redemption instructions to you by Tuesday, February 7. This will enable you to take advantage of the same offer without cancelling your PlayStation Vita console pre-order.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The downgrade is visible in certain characters(cage, striker), but the vita version of mortal kombat is great and the new content looks funny.

Marv_79

Neo Member
Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a list of PS3 games that will work via the remote play function (without hacking)?

Cyport

Already got Rayman in the £5 deal, which game should I go for in the Amazon pre-order deal? I have Virtua Tennis 4 on PS3 but seems to me the best one to go for, or else Lumines

DBT85

Already got Rayman in the £5 deal, which game should I go for in the Amazon pre-order deal? I have Virtua Tennis 4 on PS3 but seems to me the best one to go for, or else Lumines

As Wo33er said, you don't have to get a game to get the card for free. I didn't even try doing that when I was looking at them earlier.

On that basis when Amazon send me the code to upgrade my existing pre order (by the 17th apparently) I'll probably just do that.

I'm am kind of tempted to make it Rayman for £15 just on the basis that they will surely remove those £6 games we all ordered once they realise.

Synless

The downgrade is visible in certain characters(cage, striker), but the vita version of mortal kombat is great and the new content looks funny.

Johnny Cage looked incredibly downgraded, like around the level of xbox 1 character model.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there a list of PS3 games that will work via the remote play function (without hacking)?

From Wikipedia:

Aqua Vita/Aquatopia (PSN game)
Anarchy: Rush Hour (PSN game)
Bejeweled 2 (PSN game/demo)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (PSN game/demo)
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (BD game)
FirstPlay (PSN software)
Gundemonium Recollection (PSN game)
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition (PSN game)
Imabikisou (BD game/PSN demo)
Lair (BD game)
LEGO Batman (BD game)
Life with PlayStation (PSN software)
Mainichi Issho (PSN game)
Misato Katsuragi's Reporting Plan (PSN game)
Peggle (PSN game)
Peggle Nights (PSN game add-on)
PixelJunk Eden (PSN game/demo)
PixelJunk Monsters (PSN game/demo)
PixelJunk Shooter (PSN game)
PlayStation 1 games (CD games/demos, PSN games/demos)
PlayTV (BD software/PSN demo)
SingStar (BD game)
SingStar Vol. 2 (BD game)
SingStar ABBA (BD game)
VidZone (PSN software)
Weekly Toro Station (PSN game)
Zuma (PSN game/demo)

I think most PS1 discs are compatible with Remote Play as well but I haven't really tried it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Johnny Cage looked incredibly downgraded, like around the level of xbox 1 character model.
That was my thought. The models look really flat and simple.

Of course, releasing a UE3 title for a handheld near launch at 60 fps seems like quite an ordeal. I'm sure, with some extra time, they could do better.

That said, MvC3 is a MUCH more impressive looking effort and is also 60 fps.

Number45

Many thanks.

I won't be buying until that list improves.

I'd go further and say you should wait until remote play itself improves. Just because those games work doesn't mean they'll be playable to any great extent (and there are so many variables).

Gacha-pin

played Binary Domain Demo on PS3. I found myself tilting the controller when I was using a sniper rifle in the game...vita syndrome...

Shikoro

Hey people, this just may be my guess, but I went to a media center today and asked for some info about the Vita. What I found surprising is that the woman said that Sony's representative was supposed to visit them a few days ago and provide details for the price, accessories and all that, but he didn't show up. What I'm getting out of this is that they might be thinking about giving us some kind of a last minute deal as the Americans are getting. Fingers crossed. :)

Kuran

Banned
Disappointed MK isn't console-perfect, does that have something to do with Epic not really supporting the Vita with their Unreal engine?

It still seems like a solid package for those like me who didn't get the console versions yet. A lot of content. Does it have online multi?

Zutroy

Disappointed MK isn't console-perfect, does that have something to do with Epic not really supporting the Vita with their Unreal engine?

It still seems like a solid package for those like me who didn't get the console versions yet. A lot of content. Does it have online multi?

Could be that the Vita isn't as powerful as the home consoles. Of course it's not gonna be the exact same.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

It may not be when you see it in person. It was already stated that the devs scaled back on some things to keep 60fps. Can't complain when it's semi PS3 quality as it is.

Kuran

Banned
Could be that the Vita isn't as powerful as the home consoles. Of course it's not gonna be the exact same.

A 1 on 1 fighter using the unreal engine? Surely they could do better on the Vita.

It may not be when you see it in person. It was already stated that the devs scaled back on some things to keep 60fps. Can't complain when it's semi PS3 quality as it is.

Yeah, I'm still exited about it. I hope it's at least using the full resolution.

Zutroy

A 1 on 1 fighter using the unreal engine? Surely they could do better on the Vita.

I don't understand your logic with this. The vita isn't as powerful as the PS3, so how could you expect the vita to out perform the console versions visually?

Doesn't matter if it's one v one, open world or FPS, less powerful hardware will mean lower visuals.

Xiaoki

MK looking janky is a by product of Unreal and locked 60fps.

Yeah its completely the Vita's fault and not the developer putting zero effort in.

Also, not seeing any Unreal Engine effects in that video. Theres a bit of shine on Johnny Cage's extremely flat chest and not much else.

Lastly, 60fps has nothing to do with it. Power Smash 4 runs at 60 fps and makes this look like a PSP game.

Many thanks.

I won't be buying until that list improves.

Apparently, with CFW on your PS3, almost any game works with remote play... I've seen Youtube videos of people playing Batman Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption on their Vita that way... In fact, if Sony don't activate the feature pdq, I think this feature will prove sufficient incentive to convince me to CFW my PS3...

le.phat

Alot of spell-effects are missing as well. I think its fair to assume they are tuning the gameplay, with the polishing coming up in a later stage. Afterall, thiv shows off the fighting engine and the framerate, but there are no press released screencaptures yet. Its obvious Netherrealm is taking this port pretty serious.

Kuran

Banned
Alot of spell-effects are missing as well. I think its fair to assume they are tuning the gameplay, with the polishing coming up in a later stage. Afterall, thiv shows off the fighting engine and the framerate, but there are no press released screencaptures yet. Its obvious Netherrealm is taking this port pretty serious.

Isn't it coming out in March?

The vita is not a PS3.

Eusis

The Vita is also a new piece of hardware, and this is an early title. Not that I imagine we'll ever see games go for exact PS3 quality, but they'd probably get a lot closer than they are now (and maybe look better in some ways).

Maedhros

Yeah its completely the Vita's fault and not the developer putting zero effort in.

Also, not seeing any Unreal Engine effects in that video. Theres a bit of shine on Johnny Cage's extremely flat chest and not much else.

Lastly, 60fps has nothing to do with it. Power Smash 4 runs at 60 fps and makes this look like a PSP game.

Holy shit, way to exagerate.

Takao

Banned

You took this a bit far, lol. Unreal is a difficult engine to work with, and Neather Realms has often made their issues public, so it's reasonable that concessions had to be made to keep the game running at 60fps.

friz898

Isn't it coming out in March?

They keep saying Spring. I have been assuming April.

Edit: Dragon's Crown and Disgaea have also been stated as Spring and in Disgaea's case turned out to Apr 17th. Also most March titles have been referred to as 'hardware launch'.

You took this a bit far, lol. Unreal is a difficult engine to work with, and Neather Realms has often made their issues public, so it's reasonable that concessions had to be made to keep the game running at 60fps.

Isn't nether realms one of the, if not the only, studio that has managed to do UT3 with 60FPS on consoles? and they also achieved that on the vita. Kudos to them.

You understand that Unreal Engine is bloated and can hold back the performance of a game significantly right?

Isn't nether realms one of the, if not the only, studio that has managed to do UT3 with 60FPS on consoles? and they also achieved that on the vita. Kudos to them.

And then there is this. My company was specifically contracted out because Unreal Engine had trouble pushing 60 fps games on a console.

Xiaoki

Do you REALLY think this

cageo.png

is Vita quality?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Here we go, we're judging youtube videos that aren't even VITA NATIVE RESOLUTION lol

It looked even better during that Raiden/Shao Kahn fight.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yep, being a 60fps game definitely have to be taken into concideration. And as mentioned above, the PS Vita is weaker than a PS3. I would also concider things like it being basically a launch title game and also being a port.

Shtof

A few days ago I was browsing yosp's Twitter and for some reason(something I read) I came to the conclusion that the reason for the sub-native res found in some games is a battery issue, and not a pure horsepower one. Can anyone confirm this?

I'd rather have 2 hours in native res instead of 3 hours in sub-native res.

Top Bottom