• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Press are receiving their Nintendo Switch units.

FingerBang

I went to Yodobashi in Nishi-Shinjuku the other day and I was quite shocked at the size of the Switch. I've seen a shitload of videos and pictures, but the thing is REALLY small. And slick. I love it, it will fit perfectly in my bag AND my heart.

Can't wait to bring it to work the following day and be the cool kid with the Nintendo Switch (I currently am the cool kid with the PSVR).

Press people showing off their new hardware via tweets/Instagram/FB bragposts to make their readers jealous is the height of why this industry continues to be a joke from the outside looking in. No other press corps purposely delivers a "I am better than you" message to their constituents than video game types.

Childish.

Really looking forward to hearing your opinion on common people showing off their lives via tweets/Instragram/FB bragposts to make other people jealous.

JavyOO7

Press people showing off their new hardware via tweets/Instagram/FB bragposts to make their readers jealous is the height of why this industry continues to be a joke from the outside looking in. No other press corps purposely delivers a "I am better than you" message to their constituents than video game types.

Childish.

That's a reach.

timshundo

Childish.

yikes

watershed

Banned

Childish.
You're overthinking and overreacting. People are excited and want to share, that's pretty much how any gamer would behave on social media.

Vibed

Do we know what the Breath of the Wild amiibo do yet?

Quoting from another thread:
You can see the back of the boxes in Gamexplain's "unboxing"

Archer Link gives you a bow + some chests. It might also refill your arrows?
Zelda gives you a shield + some chests.
The Guardian gives you the
high tech blue arrow from the E3 2014 reveal as well as some crafting materials + chests
. It's probably just a cheat instead of having to find or craft one.

and I don't quite know what the Rider Link and Bokoblin do just yet.

Childish.
Na Na Boo Boo you cant catch me

Childish.

Projection

fwpx

Childish.

Wait...what? You seem to be taking this personally.

Nice. Now that's a nice perk of being a popular game "journalist", that's a nice haul.

Do they get to keep them?

Depends on the outlet. Many outlets count their systems as a shared pool, though they may stay at the homes of specific reviewers. Case in point: Our PSVR was at the home of one reviewer, but when he left, that system moved to someone else. Likewise, our debug PS4 shuttled around from person to person as needed for reviews.

no wonder why we don;t have neons available, they sent all their stock to the press

We received grey for ours.

Childish.

You're seeing it because the embargo document said that was all we could do. Nintendo wants you to know the press has it and wrote the embargo push people in that direction. Hence the reason everyone is announcing it.

ZeoVGM

Banned

Childish.

That's quite the projection you got there.

Piggus

Childish.

Take a deep breath. Only 11 more days to wait.

Kindekuma

Banned
Seein' all the outlets get their units and copies of Zelda has me jealous! 11 more days! Definitely looking forward to the previews going up on the Switch itself in 3 days and then Zelda's on the 1st.

I haven't felt excitement for a game this bad since MGSV, feels kind of nice to feel excited for something again!

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm gonna be real mad though, if the shield given by the Zelda amiibo is the Hylian shield.
Not really. Mildly upset it's locked behind amiibo instead of in-game.

Lgndryhr

So unless Destructoid messes up again or leaks start happening. we probably won't see much until later in week. I can live with that.

Penguin

Guess throw this in here, not sure worthy of it's own thread, but if in NYC, Nintendo World has demo units including Zelda on their 15 foot screen...

Faiz

That is what I assumed - am I wrong? Are there any other launch disc games announced?

Thanks for the comprehensive answer. Believe it or not, but I completely forgot that Switch is cartridge based. Still, you read my intention right - what I meant was the physical/digital opposition.

Yeah, sorry, I was being a bit cheeky about the physical format. :)

McNum

Since the boxes are out there, does anyone know the exact dimensions of the Switch box? Especially the EU version? I'd like it in metric, if possible.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Quoting from another thread:
Rider Link is a sword and horse (saddle?).

9u59ZXN.jpg

http://nintendowire.com/news/2017/02/20/first-look-breath-wild-series-amiibo-boxes/

Childish.

Uhm, they're allowed to. It's probably one of the most innovative consoles in industry history. Everyone's excited for it. The embargo letter says that they're allowed to show nothing more than pictures of the closed boxes until Thursday, according to Nintendo Force. Though I question why IGN broke embargo. I'm sorry you're not part of the press. If you want a system early, start a career there and become successful at it. You won't be saying that kind of stuff then.

Jeez, I'm hoping since all of these weapons are breakable, that these items are just rare in-game and not locked to the amiibo. That's my assumption.

That sword is the only one that isn't breakable but it's tied to an amiibo.
hence why nintendo said all the weapons in the game are breakable, the one inside the amiibo isn't.
please have something which doesn't break.....

It's likely the Amiibo weapons and shields are breakable AND in-game, just rare. They probably let you scan the Amiibo once per week/day to get a new one.

Do we know if old Amiibo besides wolf Link do anything? Will my Smash Zelda figures do the same things as the Wild ones?

That sword is the only one that isn't breakable but it's tied to an amiibo.
hence why nintendo said all the weapons in the game are breakable, the one inside the amiibo isn't.
please have something which doesn't break.....
Wait really? Does that mean I should find a horse link amiibo?

Oh sh*t... Preordered black and hype is rising but damn that neon looks nice now I have seen it in a non promo shot... Oh well I'll need more joycons anyway!

Haines

Banned
I don't play my free copy of birth of Issac but I'm considering it on switch bc it seems like a good portable game.

Anyone else here that buys Amiibo just for display? I only have a few that I've actually opened and I intend to keep things that way with the BoTW series. While the in-game items are kind of neat, I just want some cool Zelda figures to have around.

It'd be nice if Nintendo would finally us to scan Amiibo through the packaging, but I don't see that happening.

Ninja Dom

Anyone else here that buys Amiibo just for display? I only have a few that I've actually opened and I intend to keep things that way with the BoTW series. While the in-game items are kind of neat, I just want some cool Zelda figures to have around.

It'd be nice if Nintendo would finally us to scan Amiibo through the packaging, but I don't see that happening.

Yeah. I bought the Gold Mario Amiibo for display. It's still in the box unopened.

Top Bottom