• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Press are receiving their Nintendo Switch units.

dcx4610

Man, I'm so torn on neon vs. grey. The neon has really grown on me and I love how it pops. The grey definitely feels more refined and will fit better in the entertainment center though.

Press people showing off their new hardware via tweets/Instagram/FB bragposts to make their readers jealous is the height of why this industry continues to be a joke from the outside looking in. No other press corps purposely delivers a "I am better than you" message to their constituents than video game types.

Childish.

I feel like there was an episode of the Jimquisition about this, but I can't remember.

From Saudi Arabia apparently:
mVfrTZM.jpg

htEs1gP.jpg

Ninja Dom

What do you think Jimiquisition's personal stance is with Nintendo? I know he just made the "pirate Nintendo" video. And Nintendo won't be sending him a Switch. But deep down what do you think he feels about them?

What do you think Jimiquisition's personal stance is with Nintendo? I know he just made the "pirate Nintendo" video. And Nintendo won't be sending him a Switch. But deep down what do you think he feels about them?

I think Jim loves good games, regardless who makes them. Like any sensible gamer.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think Jim can distinguish his feelings between Nintendo as a creator and Nintendo as a business. Probably excitement with a new Nintendo thing but utter disdain when he actually has to deal with them.

Orbis

Well those don't look like press units so the game could possibly be out in the wild.
Looks like a retailer opening a delivery to be honest, judging by the other new items around. But yeah at some point soon this will be out in the
breath of the
wild.

King_Moc

Banned

I don't think he's particularly biased. He'll even give Ubisoft games good reviews if they're any good, and he moans about them as much as he does Nintendo.

That seems like a retailer, why else would they just have two Pikachu n3DS XLs just sitting there.

He doesn't respect them as an entity, but he respects that mostly as a developer and probably wants them to succeed for the benefit of the industry.

But there is no doubt he has a personal campaign against Nintendo. Don't know why, perhaps his backer give him money for that.

Content ID and their general actions towards fan content.

Vitacat

Man, I'm so torn on neon vs. grey. The neon has really grown on me and I love how it pops. The grey definitely feels more refined and will fit better in the entertainment center though.

As someone who missed pre-orders, and hopes to still manage one somehow on release, I will happily take either one. They're both really nice IMO.

Aesnath

Not to speak for him or anything, but I think he enjoys their games at times (most recently splatoon), but that he feels they have some pretty crappy business practices (copyright shenanigans, odd business decisions, forced scarcity of some products). I think, like a lot of people, he likes the games, but is often confused/disappointed by company decisions.

It's likely the Amiibo weapons and shields are breakable AND in-game, just rare. They probably let you scan the Amiibo once per week/day to get a new one.

Do we know if old Amiibo besides wolf Link do anything? Will my Smash Zelda figures do the same things as the Wild ones?

The classic Zelda amiibo give you drops, things like food or arrows I think? There was a thread on it a while ago. A chest appears out of thin air and drops by Link, and has some stuff in it. People were laughing because the animations used looked like a play on when you're in debug mode and you drop in an item?

ASIS

Shit. Shit shit shit shit.

Saudi Arabia uses the ESRB?

No, we import the games. We still don't have an official rating system, although I heard they will start developing one soon.

In case you are wondering, I have no idea about the pictures above.

....I'm not gonna make it

why do days have 24 hours? do we really need all those hours?

Why didn't Nintendo make the Switch a $150 PS4Pro equivalent VR Time Machine with lasers attached to its head??? What are they thinking?!?!?

/s because this forum man

Top Bottom