• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Quatering loses sponsorship, sponsor quotes an Escapist article as the reasoning

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The Quartering, Jeremy, has recently lost a sponsor, Trade Coffee, because of an article posted by Escapist Magazine. I wanted to bring up a few discussion points about this and see NeoGafs' thoughts.
Long version is under the spoiler for people who just want a tldr thread.
Original Video:

The Quartering typically hits on more controversial topics, not saying any wrong doing, but Jeremy likes to report on the big issues within the gaming (More nerd culture) industry. He is very much "anti-SJW," and often makes points about how the inclusive culture is killing companies, and how SJWs and others go on death threat and other crusades to get what they want.

Discussing a controversial topic, often garners controversial feedback or conversation:
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/02/27/apex-legends-lgbtq-characters-are-important/
While I feel a lot of that article is more of an interpretation of facts and how Jeremy acts, I don't feel as if it's directed towards damaging his image or brand. It doesn't say anywhere in there to stop subscribing, or to do anything. Just that the author feels that way about Jeremy's intent.

However, I do have some issues with how this transpired. In the first video, he starts out gleefully saying the following
"Well this video is probably going to get me black listed from the entire games industry, but who would want to be a part of that mess anyways?"

This is his reactionary video after the sponsor severs ties with him

"To be honest, I have expected this. With having to deal with [Calling Escapists slanderous, etc] article published by Escapists" to which he calls slanderous.
"...Though there won't be any crusade against trade coffee for being dumb..."

He's saying these thing while also talking about having his lawyer look into any legal things he can levy against them, and posting an angry video about it.

He then starts going into how he's losing money, not so much about the content. He expected it...not surprised by it...but is angry about it? Then starts going into attacking his sponsor that severed the ties. Awesome, that he says he's not pursuing anymore sponsorships, because talking trash about your previous sponsors is a good way to make new sponsors attracted to your brand.

As a side note, he's been removed from a few different communities now; he's no longer allowed at Magic the Gathering stuff, and some tabletop convention because himself and another gentleman got into a fight (Which is being reported by multiple sources as Jeremy being the defendant and the other person being the attacker).

-=- The Quartering specific questions -=-
What are your feelings on The Quartering?
As much as he preaches to not weaponize fandoms, why is he discussing doing this as an option towards Trade Coffee?
If it was expected that these sort of things would happen in backlash of that video, why is he surprised or angry that sponsor dropped him?
If it was expected, was he attempting to bait someone out to attempt to sue them with creating that video??

-=- General questions (And arguably better question!) -=-
With certain gaming journalists and media outlets being deemed illegitimate, how do you feel about streaming "Content Creators?" Are there some you trust or like more than others, if so, why? And how does that differ with your relationship with larger media outlets?
Are "Content Creators," just as much a part of the problem with gaming journalism, as the large media outlets are?

Arkage

Banned
I think I saw a video of this guy before and he came off as a steroetypical neckbeard antiSJW. You can make reasonable criticisms about social justice/IP. This guy is trash tier criticism brought to us by gamerbro culture.

Diversity in this game really doesn't matter unless you're an extreme SJW or an extreme anti-SJW (like this guy). I'm sure most of its players don't give a fuck who is gay and who isn't in the game or what the ratios are. Make a game of all gay or queer or trans characters, who gives a shit if it's as good as Apex is in which sex/gender play literally no role in the gameplay. I'm sure he takes a certain amount of glee from this situation as it's basically feeding red meat to his audience. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts a patreon and get a not insignificant people to fund him making dumbshit rants. Same old song and dance.

Last edited:
He's one of those Sargon of Akkad minions, I'm not particularly fond of them. As far as the sponsorship goes, now I aint no smart manz, no sir I aint, but I tellz ya, PROBABLY not the best idea to go with loaded political Youtube channels if you have a broad appeal product like Coffee for example. But that's just me. But if you do, don't chicken out at the first sign of a shitstorm, you signed up for that after all.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I liked a couple of his videos, but recently he's been treading close to Infowars type territory.

As much as he preaches to not weaponize fandoms, why is he discussing doing this as an option towards Trade Coffee?
Because he's a hypocrite.

If it was expected that these sort of things would happen in backlash of that video, why is he surprised or angry that sponsor dropped him?
It was false bravado at the beginning and now he's lashing out now that it's actually coming true.

If it was expected, was he attempting to bait someone out to attempt to sue them with creating that video??
Are you talking about the lawyers he supposedly has on retainer? I highly doubt he does. He's talked about referring to his lawyers in the past when he's pissed about something. It's an empty threat by someone throwing a tantrum. Whatever sponsorship deal he signed most likely has a clause in there that the sponsor can drop him at any moment if they feel it hurts their brand being associated with him.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
never heard of him before the apex leak. most people say he's an asshole. so what did the escapist article say?

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/2019/02/27/apex-legends-lgbtq-characters-are-important/
The Quartering makes a similar “argument,” but in true provocateur fashion he uses the “political” dog whistle more frequently. His video starts by pointing out that he made a gameplay review separate from a political analysis of the game. “See, separating politics from video games is actually not that hard,” he boasted, implying gameplay and positive LGBTQ representation deserve to be discussed in separate but equal videos. In this video, The Quartering discusses “game’s urinalists ” (yes that’s spelled right) and casually uses the term “fake wokeness.”

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
Everyone on the escapist magazine should have been fired already. Yatzhee keeps that shit alive trough his own willpower.

Don't particurly like the Quartering either, losing sponsors happens I guess.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honestly, the major fault with the Quartering video, is the angry passive-aggressive tone, and not the basic arguments he makes.

Attaching LGBQT identities to the characters in Apex Legends does seem like a cheap marketing ploy to get those communities on-side. Because its "representation" only in the most facile and tokenistic sense unless those gender assignments and sexualities are actually relevant to the experience.

Although one could argue that any representation is better than none at all, which I guess from skimming is the Escapist articles thesis. I really don't agree. To me its even lazier than Ms Pacman's bow.

I'm not at all hostile to including LGBQT characters, (Hell, Nier is one of my all-time favourites) but there has to be a little bit of substance in the actual game to support it.

zeorhymer

The TLDR is that the article says that Jeremy is "...saying queer people shouldn’t be present or discussed at all. " A giant blanket false statement. The author, Riley, makes a giant leap from, you don't need to talk about (or is not needed) LGBT characters in a BR game to gays aren't needed at all in society. Personally, I don't give two shits if they're gay, non-binary, or its in a BR game because backstory isn't the focus of a BR game. If Apex never came out with the backstory on any characters, it wouldn't matter.

So yeah, fuck the Escapist and that douche of the author.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Thanks for posting that, I feel like that quote isn't what he has an issue with. He actually mentions in his reaction video that he does not choose to explore the LGBTQ community sort of stuff....but did so in his Apex Legends video...
"Beneath the veneer of politically correct language, The Amazing Lucas and The Quartering are making a clear statement: “We don’t want to explore LGBTQ identity in video games.” By saying the mere presence of LGBTQ people or characters is political or pandering, they’re really saying queer people shouldn’t be present or discussed at all. Per The Amazing Lucas: “Get your agenda, propaganda, and politics out of my games.” In other words: Don’t be gay here. Not in video games or on YouTube. "
Which I will agree is an interpretation of their message, but in no way has either said those things directly
Don't know much about The Quartering, but The Escapist is trash (except for Zero Punctuation).
Care to expound about that? I'm not a huge fan of their articles either, but that has much to do with how they interpret things then stretch it out.
I liked a couple of his videos, but recently he's been treading close to Infowars type territory.
I didn't understand I viewed it that way myself; I was just honestly confused on how he started out kind of more chill and now just seems to yell and scream in most of his videos. It's really off putting and can explain how a community like MTG would actually ban him from official tourneys and stuff.
It was false bravado at the beginning and now he's lashing out now that it's actually coming true.
Guess he's learning that nerds in general don't like overt bravado; although we're a good mix of people now, a lot of us still were bullied as kids for playing vidya back when.
Are you talking about the lawyers he supposedly has on retainer? I highly doubt he does. He's talked about referring to his lawyers in the past when he's pissed about something. It's an empty threat by someone throwing a tantrum. Whatever sponsorship deal he signed most likely has a clause in there that the sponsor can drop him at any moment if they feel it hurts their brand being associated with him.
[/QUOTE]
I can attest 100% that most, if not all, sponsorship deals have that clause. Think about it; have you heard of anyone suing a company for removing a sponsorship? I'm not lawyer, but I wouldn't expect a judge or jury to say "No, although you don't want this person to promote your business, you have to because of a contract!" if it didn't have that clause, but, why the hell not protect yourself from that and have that clause?
I used to be a fan but he's quickly becoming a poor version of YongYea
I actually didn't know about YongYea until he tried to create a spat between YongYea and Jason Schreier, and have sense found myself watching YongYea and biting a cheek at the fact I followed Jeremy for that bit I did there.
I think I saw a video of this guy before and he came off as a steroetypical neckbeard antiSJW. You can make reasonable criticisms about social justice/IP. This guy is trash tier criticism brought to us by gamerbro culture.

Diversity in this game really doesn't matter unless you're an extreme SJW or an extreme anti-SJW (like this guy). I'm sure most of its players don't give a fuck who is gay and who isn't in the game or what the ratios are. Make a game of all gay or queer or trans characters, who gives a shit if it's as good as Apex is in which sex/gender play literally no role in the gameplay. I'm sure he takes a certain amount of glee from this situation as it's basically feeding red meat to his audience. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts a patreon and get a not insignificant people to fund him making dumbshit rants. Same old song and dance.
He uh, may have beat you to the Patreon type deal already...
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/exclusively-games-protecting-escapism#/
And apparently still in the works, though he also for whatever reason now has a SubscribeStar too?
https://www.subscribestar.com/thequartering

I've also been digging at some other forums and stuff; remember that dude who beat his wife on stream back in December? Yeah, he defended that dude.

He also seems to have a penchance for calling anything that is largely negative towards him [word]Gate
MagicGate....
-Gets interrupted by his ear piece while researching-
AND THIS JUST IN FOLKS!
The Quartering is now a part of CoffeeGate!
Live stream for CoffeeGate is now!

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
The TLDR is that the article says that Jeremy is "...saying queer people shouldn’t be present or discussed at all. " A giant blanket false statement. The author, Riley, makes a giant leap from, you don't need to talk about (or is not needed) LGBT characters in a BR game to gays aren't needed at all in society. Personally, I don't give two shits if they're gay, non-binary, or its in a BR game because backstory isn't the focus of a BR game. If Apex never came out with the backstory on any characters, it wouldn't matter.

So yeah, fuck the Escapist and that douche of the author.
You know, fuck the author, because writers are bull shit, but here's a thought about that whole situation.
When you say something in the public light, it will be met with public scrutiny; although the author is an ass for misconstruing the message that way, they would only be able to misconstrue a message if it was brought up in the first place by that person.

For someone who doesn't feel the need to explore the LGBTQ discussion, he sure seems to be making content about it, for example, what started this whole thing in the first place:

His tone is forced and cringy, but nothing really wrong about what he said, which is why they censored him.
Wait what? Who's censoring him? He didn't have to take down his video or anything, he just had to remove the product advertisement from the video. That's not censorship in the slightest, that's not wanting to be associated with content.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Looks like after getting clobbered by SJW’s for daring to discuss ethics, the Escapists is going full SJW and disparaging anti PC commentators. Typical leftis tactic of branding everyone not inline with the ideology as racists, misogynists and Nazis. That’s next from this publication.

zeorhymer

You know, fuck the author, because writers are bull shit, but here's a thought about that whole situation.
When you say something in the public light, it will be met with public scrutiny; although the author is an ass for misconstruing the message that way, they would only be able to misconstrue a message if it was brought up in the first place by that person.

For someone who doesn't feel the need to explore the LGBTQ discussion, he sure seems to be making content about it, for example, what started this whole thing in the first place:
So the whole discussion started because over-representation is basically a marketing ploy to gather tweets and re-tweets and supply the echo chamber with what they want to hear? Jeremy makes a point that when someone (out of the millions) play the game, they're not saying, oh he's cool cause he's non-binary or she's gay. They pick the character because they like their skill set. Also, if they're going to be all inclusive, the two white guys are behind a paywall, that's classy.

Where does Jeremy say that LGBT should be stricken from any and all video games let alone in society? You know as well as I do that companies that pander to over-representation is never for that representation. They're in it to be the "goody goody."

Acerac

Banned
Looks like after getting clobbered by SJW’s for daring to discuss ethics, the Escapists is going full SJW and disparaging anti PC commentators. Typical leftis tactic of branding everyone not inline with the ideology as racists, misogynists and Nazis. That’s next from this publication.
They believe everyone should have freedom of speech and use it exclusively to agree with them.

sol_bad

I'm subscribed to his channel and watch some of his videos, his views generally don't match up with mine but some of his conversations I like. As mentioned above he does come across as reactionary and arrogant. He seems to like creating drama on many occasions.

I know Cleanprincegaming isn't very popular but he did a video about EA blacklisting content creators when they give honest opinions and he spoke positively about Skillup and The Quartering in that video. Skillup understood that the conversation about him was positive but Mr Jeremy (The Quartering) completely misunderstood what Cleanprincegaming was saying and attacked him creating drama. Many people in the comments pointed out that what Cleanprincegaming said was a positive thing. As far as I know, Jeremy didn't apologise or take back what he said about Cleanprincegaming. Just an example of his arrogance.

This current issue with sponsors.

Firstly, I watched his Apex video and its so pointless. Who gives a shit about the Legends roster being diverse, who cares if the only white character is behind a paywall. I'm white and think it's hilarious, white toxic masculinity is behind a paywall, c'mon that's funny. What matters are the Legends abilities and all characters are unique and fun to use. I use Bangalore, the character wouldn't be any better if it was a white male. It kind of is his point by the end of the video but its still pointless.

The Escapists article, also a load of shit. The sexuality of the Apex characters are not the most important thing about the game, the gameplay and Legends abilities is the most important thing. When we get a single player story driven game where the protagonist is gay (TLOU2?) and it sells gangbusters, that's when you can talk about the importance of sexuality in games, because its part of the narrative. I thought The Escapist said they would stop doing these types of articles anyway?

The Quarterings reply to the article?
Honestly, why the fuck didn't they just contact each other before doing their article/video? Try and understand each other's point of view? They want to create drama, that's why.

The video about sponsors, I feel it should have been kept behind the scenes. I know he says he won't chase after other sponsors but let's be honest, sponsors do bring the money and they would help him. Maybe bring it out publicly after a few months if having trouble with finding new sponsors.

At the end of the day, Jeremy is arrogant and reactionary but Trade Coffee really did fuck up based on 3 complaints and the Escapist article is terrible.

CatCouch

I think some content creators are making things worse. Just as there are insufferable gaming sites and writers, there are insufferable content creators.

I sometimes watch the Quartering but I often find myself disagreeing or even avoiding him just as I avoid gaming articles that are meant to create outrage. Life is too short to spend time perpetually upset.

I'm not a fan of those who push politics too hard, which the Quartering does in my opinion. It frustrates me when I feel topics are being approached with the intent to create issues where there are none.

I am quite put-off by the increasing trend of gaming sites taking swipes at content creators and vice versa. That's a fight I want nothing to do with.

-=- The Quartering specific questions -=-
1- What are your feelings on The Quartering?
2- As much as he preaches to not weaponize fandoms, why is he discussing doing this as an option towards Trade Coffee?
3- If it was expected that these sort of things would happen in backlash of that video, why is he surprised or angry that sponsor dropped him?
4- If it was expected, was he attempting to bait someone out to attempt to sue them with creating that video??

1- The Quartering sucks ass and the outrage cottage industry on Youtube can suck my balls.
2- Because he's not better than the same people he criticizes. He might be worse, at least that crowd is somewhat honest.
3- Being surprised or angry is what he does for a living.
4- Yes.

-=- General questions (And arguably better question!) -=-
1- With certain gaming journalists and media outlets being deemed illegitimate, how do you feel about streaming "Content Creators?" Are there some you trust or like more than others, if so, why? And how does that differ with your relationship with larger media outlets?
2- Are "Content Creators," just as much a part of the problem with gaming journalism, as the large media outlets are?

1- Yeah, I definitely trust content creators more than mainstream journalists. You have a lot of Youtube people doing legit fantastic work in all kinds of way. You have Mandalore, Sseth, Jeremy Parish, GMT, Raycevick, Matthewmatosis, Summoning Salt, and so so many others that are must watch content and that's just staying on the normie channels. For news and shit, there are guys like Spawn Wave, SidAlpha or heck even YongYea that do a good job overall covering the industry. On more traditional media, the only one I visit all the time is Gematsu.. Outside of them it's pretty much scorched-earth.
2- I'd say they're bigger. Even purely niche stuff like LGR and Ahoy are rocking over a million subscribers. That's pretty incredible.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
its a fucking BR game like seriously...this shit has gone too far.
The funny thing is that these little biographies of characters have been around a long damned time. I mean seriously, just go look at UT 2004 and you'll get a character biography. These simple bios are the entire thing people are arguing about.

Here's Gibraltar's back story:

Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father’s motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.

Here's Lauren's from the Unreal Tournament universe:
Fierce, loyal, and technically capable. Her frame may be slim but she has the most incredible reflexes. Born into a poor asteroid miner family, she became notorious by stealthily eradicating her parents' competitors in space before becoming a full time Tournament warrior. Her soft side? It has been rumored she'd do anything to defend her high-school sweetheart, Brock.

Someone explain to me how these bios are drastically different from each other. The only difference I see is that these games were released 15 years apart and one relationship happens to be homosexual.

Yes, that's what it appears this entire hubub is about.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
So the whole discussion started because over-representation is basically a marketing ploy to gather tweets and re-tweets and supply the echo chamber with what they want to hear? Jeremy makes a point that when someone (out of the millions) play the game, they're not saying, oh he's cool cause he's non-binary or she's gay. They pick the character because they like their skill set. Also, if they're going to be all inclusive, the two white guys are behind a paywall, that's classy.

Where does Jeremy say that LGBT should be stricken from any and all video games let alone in society? You know as well as I do that companies that pander to over-representation is never for that representation. They're in it to be the "goody goody."
Sorry, I don't believe I'm communicating my position on this clearly.

It's not the content within the Apex video on the topic that allowed them to misconstrue his meaning, it's the fact he did it in the first place.

Let me put it this way; you couldn't talk about anything regarding the fact I was going on about pink elephants if I never went on about pink elephants.
If he's saying "I don't want to explore pink elephants," but then makes a video with that as the topic, and discusses content about pink elephants, he's talking about pink elephants, and people can construe in any way, mistaken or not, his discussion about pink elephants.

When you say something in public, you open it up to public scrutiny. If you don't want to be scrutinized over a certain topic, don't talk about it in public.
Ever heard of "Don't talk politics in public"? People back then didn't want to be publicly scrutinized for their political views.

I'm in no way defending what they said, but I am saying that they have every right to discuss what content he makes public, and the internet is a very public place.

I also don't disagree with the other things you said regarding how companies, work, beeteedubs :)

Though, don't discount the amount of people who pick up a game just for fanservice; Japan got you all covered on that holmes lmao.
Edit: Fuck pink elephants; let's fight about it on the internet

Last edited:

Dacon

Banned
It boggles my mind that we're still calling LGBT people queer, a word that literally means strange or odd, and that's somehow ok.

zeorhymer

Fuck pink elephants; let's fight about it on the internet
Oh hells no! Don't you dare talk down to my pink elephant brothers! They've been repressed far too much by the purple monkey to be silenced!

I agree that people who say stuff should be scrutinized/criticized/analyzed, but making shit up not only destroys the conversation, but warps it into some crazy agenda to rile up the masses so that it makes you feel important and smug.

People usually don't want to talk politics in public because it makes up their core beliefs. When, their core gets questioned, shaken, or even prove false, it literally can destroy someone's psyche. It's a very difficult thing to come to grips when everything you've believed is an illusion.

Last edited:

Mercer_CAR

Banned
I dont care much for the Quartering (some of his stuff is ok), but i care a hell of a lot about these progressive, agenda driven rags revenue doxxing other content creators simply because they disagree with their points of view. I also care that sponsors bend the knee to these apparent "oppressed" groups (which the escapist speak for).

The SJW cries out in pain as it strikes you!

White pill: This censorship bull sh*t is increasing because the enemies of free speech KNOW they are loosing!

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Oh hells no! Don't you dare talk down to my pink elephant brothers! They've been repressed far too much by the purple monkey to be silenced!
OH HELL YEAH I DID, fuck dem pink elephants gettin' all up in my dreams and shit. They should stay in their realm or just be normal elephants in OUR WORLD!
People usually don't want to talk politics in public because it makes up their core beliefs. When, their core gets questioned, shaken, or even prove false, it literally can destroy someone's psyche. It's a very difficult thing to come to grips when everything you've believed is an illusion.
Huh, I don't feel that way personally, I'll have to strike up the conversations with people about that, I've never thought of it that way. Personally my "core beliefs," don't always necessarily align with my political beliefs; nor would I put that much weight on my political beliefs to have it shake me to my core. I guess that's what all this hub bub is about then, eh?
Definitely explains why I don't understand it from any perspective then lmao

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
White pill: This censorship bull sh*t is increasing because the enemies of free speech KNOW they are loosing!

What censorship are you talking about? All that happened is that a company decided to not give him money anymore. He's still free to talk about whatever the hell he wants and the government won't stop him.

I understand his point, but this is for the first time, hypocritical: if SJWs are okay with queer-washing in video games because they're too self-centered and stupid, they're the ones who will pay for it.

For the rest, well what if there's an actual full roster of people who are NOT "straight white males"? Well the question then becomes: have you ever cared that no character on the vast majority of games and rosters were anything but straight white males before? Probably not...hence the hypocrisy, so yeah you got this one coming.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I dont care much for the Quartering (some of his stuff is ok), but i care a hell of a lot about these progressive, agenda driven rags revenue doxxing other content creators simply because they disagree with their points of view.
Alright, totally getting your vibe,these mob groups are ridiculous, coming off a little passionate but that's cool
I also care that sponsors bend the knee to these apparent "oppressed" groups (which the escapist speak for).
Woooo miss me with that man; you have a strange understanding of how sponsorship deals and PR works
I had to urban dictionary this honestly; very unique to my life, I have always heard "White pills," referred to as placebos in a test group.
Are you meaning...be optimistic? Of which side? Censorship isn't always necessarily bad; you don't want the child molesters out there promoting child molestation venues, and would probably want that censored, eh?

Mercer_CAR

Banned
What censorship are you talking about? All that happened is that a company decided to not give him money anymore. He's still free to talk about whatever the hell he wants and the government won't stop him.

Yawn, so long as the government isn't restricting your speech and it's just millionaire run corporations, it's A-OK...... Lolibertarianism

Mercer_CAR

Banned
I had to urban dictionary this honestly; very unique to my life, I have always heard "White pills," referred to as placebos in a test group.
Are you meaning...be optimistic? Of which side? Censorship isn't always necessarily bad; you don't want the child molesters out there promoting child molestation venues, and would probably want that censored, eh?

I think we can all agree that imagery that promotes the sexualisation of kids, promotion of rape and murder is abhorrent, but are you suggesting that disliking homosexuality is in that same category?

oagboghi2

There is one quartering and an entire industry of "woke" waiting-to-be-offended journalists.

It's hard to really worry about him

Dthomp

I enjoy Jeremy and the Quartering most of the time. I share his same dislike for the SJW shit and people being way to offended by shit that doesn't effect them in any way. He does like alot of content creators though and pile on for the easy views, but I'd say it's like 70/30 I enjoy his videos (including some of his takes on MTG). He's alot better then that hate machine YongYea who made a career just shitting on Destiny every day, he's some hot trash.

Whitesnake

Banned
He’s an idiot who has his head up his ass. He makes bottom-of-the-barrel content to rake in shekels with no originality and no opinion that hasn’t been previously spouted by the other 100,000 anti-sjw youtubers. I even agree with his opinions toward SJWs, but goddamn is he dumb.

Because he’s an idiot who has his head up his ass.

See above.

If he did, it’s a pretty dumb plan.

-

With certain gaming journalists and media outlets being deemed illegitimate, how do you feel about streaming "Content Creators?"
I hate the term “Content Creators” but yeah, youtubers with gaming news content are the way to go. It’s usually just one guy who explains the situation and gives their take on it. As much as some people like to make fun of them, I trust people like YongYea and Cleanprincegaming way more than Kotaku or Polygon. They don’t lick the boots of publishers, and they make their opinions and thoughts clear instead of trying to propagandize their opinions.

Last edited:
The Quartering is an ass. He should have handled this in a more mature manner. He i basically damaging any case he might have against the Escapist.

That Escapist article though..... oh boy.

Hate him. Sometimes he makes reasonable arguments but on the whole he is just another neck beard creating click bait titles to get views form the anti-sjw crowd (not that I’m defending them) but he is just so cringeworthy and he constantly looks away from the camera it annoys the piss out of me

Also dumb ass should have know he would lose sponsorships considering the content of his channel. He just always comes off as butt hurt

I don’t mind his anti SJW views. But he tries to start shit with other people (e.g. Angry Joe) to boost his views.

So, I don’t watch him. It seems like a lame way to get views.

oagboghi2

I enjoy Jeremy and the Quartering most of the time. I share his same dislike for the SJW shit and people being way to offended by shit that doesn't effect them in any way. He does like alot of content creators though and pile on for the easy views, but I'd say it's like 70/30 I enjoy his videos (including some of his takes on MTG). He's alot better then that hate machine YongYea who made a career just shitting on Destiny every day, he's some hot trash.
Yong hasn't made a video about Destiny in months....

And Destiny deserved all the shit it got

Bryank75

Banned
I don't mind Jeremy, I watch quite a few of his videos.... sometimes he does go overboard or is just flat out wrong, like with the Insomniac community manager thing.

I mostly watch his stuff and support him because of all the attacks he gets, outlets like The Escapist and sjw losers on twitter are constantly attacking him and spreading vicious lies and then he was physically assaulted by some psycho.

He does have good insider contacts in some areas of gaming and it's worth listening cause he sometimes has stuff like Apex reveal etc.

Top Bottom