• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The real Deal behind Goldeneye Cancellation

Cerrius said:
I'm not sure about that but I know that Grant Kirkhope did an absolutely fantastic job with the soundtrack of the game.

Silo and Bunker are my favorite tracks.
Don't forget Graeme Norgate too. :D Goldeneye and Perfect Dark blow away most FPS and non-FPS soundtracks.

GeneralIroh said:
meh . You guys are getting upset over nothing. GE is no longer a AAA fps.
Everything is archaic.
Shitty animation, endless respawning enemies, and a weak aiming system.
Who cares, just play something else. There are tons of better fps now.

Everything or Nothing> Goldeneye
The respawning enemies depends on the stage and/or circumstances. And the aiming system would be much better dual analog obviously. But whatever.

This is all pretty strange. Why would Rare even begin production of a game before they were sure it could get released, let alone finish it?

Talk about a waste of time and resources. Get back to making Banjo 360 the best it can be.

M3wThr33

Banned
Kibbles said:
According to the magazine which has actually played the updated XBLA title, unlike yourself, they managed to make it play very well and it plays much better with the 360 controller. I suggest you actually read the article before guessing on what the game is like.
That's if you believe this existed.

So the magazine either is lying or Rare went to work on a game they could never release. Your choice.

FightyF

Banned
civilstrife said:
This is all pretty strange. Why would Rare even begin production of a game before they were sure it could get released, let alone finish it?

If you believe the rumours it looks like they got permission to do it, but later during development Iwata found out about it and then threatened Activision.

Top Bottom