• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Real "Limitless" Drug... Modafinil - Time to get jacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little worried at all the enthusiastic replies in here haha. Don't get too excited at the prospect of some miracle limitless drug that will make your focus issues disappear and make you no longer procrastinate... That's something you should aim for gradually by adapting a healthy lifestyle. Taking this drug could possibly mess with your perception of many things, and it won't be fun coming off it or having to "depend" on it. Just saying...

methodman

Banned
I'm a little worried at all the enthusiastic replies in here haha. Don't get too excited at the prospect of some miracle limitless drug that will make your focus issues disappear and make you no longer procrastinate... That's something you should aim for gradually by adapting a healthy lifestyle. Taking this drug could possibly mess with your perception of many things, and it won't be fun coming off it or having to "depend" on it. Just saying...

Healthy lifestyle, LOL. Rather take drugs than workout and eat healthy!

Ps I work out and eat healthy, and will not take this drug

walter-white-laughing.gif

Healthy lifestyle... Seriously, this sounds like some sort of wonder drug. Hell, the Foreign Legion gives this stuff to their troops.

ch0mp

Was recently diagnosed with IHS via sleep study (overnight and daytime), told there wasn't anything else to be done and given a prescription for modafinil. Not so keen to try it, but I don't know where else to look.

Exactly how I feel.

Was recently diagnosed with IHS via sleep study (overnight and daytime), told there wasn't anything else to be done and given a prescription for modafinil. Not so keen to try it, but I don't know where else to look.

Exactly how I feel.

You can be our guinea pig. Oh how exciting! Tell us everything about it as you have to use it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
All the people in here who eager to order it and try it right away.... lol

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I started using it a year ago and love the stuff. Literal life-saver.
I tried to sell GAF on it, but just eventually just gave up. No one gives a fuck.

It doesn't affect me anything like what's described in that article, though. It basically just makes me feel like I had the best sleep ever on 5 or more hours of sleep, and like I got a sorta-low-quality 6 hours of sleep when I don't sleep at all. That heavy eyelid feeling? It doesn't happen. But if you try to sleep you can, no problem.

ced

They tried, FDA said no. It can still be prescribed off label.

So it's not effective? Adderall etc are wonder drugs for my ADHD but the side effects keep me off them.

I just realized its Provigil, yeah that stuff rocks.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hmm, seems like there is serious need to research this in treating ADHD...

twofold

How exactly is bullet proof coffee any better than drinking regular coffee?

Honestly, I don't know. I was incredibly sceptical before trying it, which is why I was really surprised to learn that it works. Dave Asprey, the creator of the coffee, says it's the combination of the butter and the oil giving the body a clean energy source to work with. That might be true, it might not. The only thing I know is that it works.

Give it a try - it's hardly expensive. If it works, awesome. If not, you're only out a few bucks.

Bulletproof coffee sounds like a ticket for getting fat.

Well, you're supposed to replace your breakfast with the coffee and then fast until lunch time.

I, personally, only put 30g of butter in my coffee, meaning my coffee is only around 350-400 calories. Not too bad.

We live in a quick fix society where people are constantly on the lookout for some magic pill that will turn their lives around. Is it any surprise?

Honestly, I don't know. I was incredibly sceptical before trying it, which is why I was really surprised to learn that it works. Dave Asprey, the creator of the coffee, says it's the combination of the butter and the oil giving the body a clean energy source to work with. That might be true, it might not. The only thing I know is that it works.

Give it a try - it's hardly expensive. If it works, awesome. If not, you're only out a few bucks.

Well, you're supposed to replace your breakfast with the coffee and then fast until lunch time.

I, personally, only put 30g of butter in my coffee, meaning my coffee is only around 350-400 calories. Not too bad.

We live in a quick fix society where people are constantly on the lookout for some magic pill that will turn their lives around. Is it any surprise?

How do you know this bulletproof coffee has similar effects to this drug?

Have you tried it?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Holy crap at the giant number of side effects. This seems really nice article for sellers, even the posted seller has imagery from the movie on their twitter.

I've experienced none. And most of those are not common... at all. But I'd recommend easing into it and monitoring your blood pressure initially. It has the potential to seriously fuck up a very small minority of people.

twofold

How do you know this bulletproof coffee has similar effects to this drug?

Have you tried it?

The coffee or the drug?

I've been taking the coffee regularly for the past six months. I just had one 20 minutes ago, actually. Amusingly, I mentioned the coffee to a guy at my gym. He gave it a go and had similar euphoric effects as me. Two weeks later, most of the people at my gym were drinking it. I don't know if the coffee will work for everyone, but it made a huge difference for me and a lot of my friends.

The drug.. Well, I don't really want to say in a public forum, to be totally honest. Like I said in an earlier post, I've spent somewhere in the region of $1,000-$1,500 on "smart drugs" over the past few years. Make of that what you will. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a private discussion.

TAJ

Try staying up for a week with that coffee. Tell me what color the dragons are.

Kozak

Banned
Well I'm sold.

My friend was always pushing nootropics to me but I was never really interested cause amphetamines were at least scientifically proven to do everything they say they do (even the bad stuff).

Well I'm sold.

My friend was always pushing nootropics to me but I was never really interested cause amphetamines were at least scientifically proven to do everything they say they do (even the bad stuff).

Yeah but you're trading off long term gains for an immediate boost.

Modafinil isn't really a nootropic, it's just a more efficient psycho-stimulant.

Polari

Before considering modafinil or other nootropics, you need to make sure you're sleeping properly, exercising regularly, and your diet is great. These things will make a massive difference to your productivity.

Hahaha! None of that shit is going to happen, I'm a student. I want my quick fix pls.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha! None of that shit is going to happen, I'm a student. I want my quick fix pls.

So? That's a ridiculous excuse. Plenty of us are or have been students, too.

twofold

Yeah but you're trading off long term gains for an immediate boost.

You can actually use nootropics and stuff for long term gains. It's not easy, though, and it requires a lot of planning.

See, we're all creatures of habit. We're slaves to them. Thankfully, the process of creating new habits is rather simple. Do something every day for 30 days and it'll become a habit.

Easy, right? Well, no.

Our body has mechanisms that keep us stuck to our habits. Ignoring these mechanisms requires a ton of willpower - willpower that most people won't have.

Nootropics can be used for a temporary boost of willpower to help ingrain a long term, beneficial habit.

So, for example, if you want to work harder, you can plan to work 8 hours a day for 30 days to instill a habit of hard work. Whenever you're struggling to get shit done, take some modafinil (or whatever) to help you stay on track. Then, by the end of the 30 days, you should, hopefully, be able to keep the habit up with ease.

In regards to conquering procrastination/add, I made a post about that here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51291375&postcount=59

The coffee or the drug?

I've been taking the coffee regularly for the past six months. I just had one 20 minutes ago, actually. Amusingly, I mentioned the coffee to a guy at my gym. He gave it a go and had similar euphoric effects as me. Two weeks later, most of the people at my gym were drinking it. I don't know if the coffee will work for everyone, but it made a huge difference for me and a lot of my friends.

The drug.. Well, I don't really want to say in a public forum, to be totally honest. Like I said in an earlier post, I've spent somewhere in the region of $1,000-$1,500 on "smart drugs" over the past few years. Make of that what you will. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a private discussion.

Check your pm friend, I need some knowledge.

You can actually use nootropics and stuff for long term gains. It's not easy, though, and it requires a lot of planning.

See, we're all creatures of habit. We're slaves to them. Thankfully, the process of creating new habits is rather simple. Do something every day for 30 days and it'll become a habit.

Easy, right? Well, no.

Our body has mechanisms that keep us stuck to our habits. Ignoring these mechanisms requires a ton of willpower - willpower that most people won't have.

Nootropics can be used for a temporary boost of willpower to help ingrain a long term, beneficial habit.

So, for example, if you want to work harder, you can plan to work 8 hours a day for 30 days to instill a habit of hard work. Whenever you're struggling to get shit done, take some modafinil (or whatever) to help you stay on track. Then, by the end of the 30 days, you should, hopefully, be able to keep the habit up with ease.

In regards to conquering procrastination/add, I made a post about that here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51291375&postcount=59

I know nootropics can be used for long-term gains, I was referring to those, primarily the kinds that have more of a neurotrophic effect like Cerebrolysin, or a combination of Uridine, DHA, and Choline; Or even looking into things like tDCS. The benefits of these is they're directly supporting neuroplasticity in a nutritive way, or acting as neurotrophic factors, that kind of thing. But then you still have to do the mental work or it's kind of like taking steroids and then not lifting weights.

Things like Modafinil can keep you on track, but it isn't really a nootropic, it's just a better stimulant than caffeine.

kirblar

So it's not effective? Adderall etc are wonder drugs for my ADHD but the side effects keep me off them.

I just realized its Provigil, yeah that stuff rocks.
I like Focalin because of the lack of many physical side effects- I don't think you can get around the irritability, though, no matter what the drug.

Poetaster

Banned
I've been taking Modafinil for about 7 years to help combat MS related fatigue and its been a great deal of help for me without any side effects.

sasimirobot

Took 400mg this morning. Its nice, very sutble but I have got alot of things done today and feel very clear. Its like putting on your glasses half way through a movie, but if the movie was your life and the glasses were your brain. Corny but thats the best I can come up with.

TAJ

No. The side effects I've experienced we're pretty mild though. Some task are a piece of cake but the drug can impair verbal fluency. Real pricey stuff if you plan on taking everyday.

Are you buying Provigil or generic?
I've been paying a hair over $1 a day, shipped. That seems cheap to me given the upside.

kirblar

No. The side effects I've experienced we're pretty mild though. Some task are a piece of cake but the drug can impair verbal fluency. Real pricey stuff if you plan on taking everyday.
Huh. When I'm on ADHD meds my verbal skills actually clean up as my jumbled brain clicks into place.

TAJ

As with any other nootropic, I think I'll wait until some more research has been done.

It's been in use for decades.
I'm happy to be your guinea pig, though.

xenist

I've been hearing a lot about Provigil the last few months. It's supposed to be pretty big among programmers.

Darryl

Banned
i tried that bulletproof coffee. pretty unimpressed. can't see how it could possibly be euphoric. seems good for weight-loss. keeps me eating smarter throughout the day. imma keep drinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom