• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The rumored God of War Ragnarök DLC will be revealed before the end of the year

Mephisto40

I honestly cant see them releasing a paid DLC for this game now, i'm guessing it'll just be some extra free side content like they have previously done

Source says it's probably a Miles Morales/Lost Legacy thing.

Really don't want this. They should be forming around Barlog's new IP.

Santa Monica is very large. The problem they had when Barlog joined was that they didn't have enough for people to do once Internal 7 was no more so they had huge layoffs. It is very rare that you finish a game and the entire team jumps to completing another game. They are always at varying stages.

Games like Lost Legacy, Miles Morales etc are useful in that regard and also build tech for the new platform at an engine level.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

King Dazzar

Im playing Ragnarock now in the unlocked 40fps mode. It seems to average around 45-50fps during normal gameplay which is quite pleasing on OLED.
I'm playing through it too, but in the locked 60fps performance mode. I tried the 40fps VRR unlocked mode, but didn't find much of an improvement. The locked 60fps mode appears to around 1800p and is better than the unlocked 60fps VRR mode.

ProtoByte

Santa Monica is very large. The problem they had when Barlog joined was that they didn't have enough for people to do once Internal 7 was no more so they had huge layoffs. It is very rare that you finish a game and the entire team jumps to completing another game. They are always at varying stages.

Games like Lost Legacy, Miles Morales etc are useful in that regard and also build tech for the new platform at an engine level.
That's what we thought about Miles Morales and even Ratchet, but the fact that the former was cross-gen like Ragnarok is meant that Spider-Man 2 was not that great a next gen leap.

Whatever. The new IP will be completely independent of PS4 architecture, so it's not a huge deal, but I just think this is ultimately a waste of time.

FeralEcho

I'm a huge God of War fan,played the original trilogy and PSP ones for hundreds of hours.I think I finished God of War 1,2 and 3 like 20 times. But I only finished God of War 2018 2 times and God of War Ragnarok once.... it's still my most dissapointing game this gen...so no not interested for more Dad of bore and his mentally and emotionally challenged son.Go back to the old format or move on at this point.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Cautiously optimistic. I loved most of Ragnarok, and loved the first game. The only part I didn't like was (understandably) the stupid iron forest ride the animal bullshit. If this is Kratos & Freya, I'm 100% in. If it's Atreus....I'll wait on impressions/reviews.

Top Bottom