• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy reprint coming this summer

fates

I really hope this doesn't end up somehow being limited. I got screwed out of the first print. I asked Dark Horse on twitter if this was limited, they said no so... that's something I guess.

B.K.

I really hope this doesn't end up somehow being limited. I got screwed out of the first print. I asked Dark Horse on twitter if this was limited, they said no so... that's something I guess.

Better preorder now to make sure. I preordered mine as soon as the link was posted in the artbook thread in OT.

So there will be nothing signed by Amano in it?

No. It looks to be just the books and a slipcase.

I may preorder this, but I'm still so sad that Amazon goofed up the preorders for the last edition that I don't know if I even want it anymore.

fates

So there will be nothing signed by Amano in it?

No. It also doesn't have the book about Amano and the flipbook.

Better preorder now to make sure. I preordered mine as soon as the link was posted in the artbook thread in OT.

That didn't really make a difference, as people who preordered early were among those who didn't get theirs.

Amazon.co.uk screwed up my order for the original set, but I was one of the lucky ones who managed to source it elsewhere, thankfully for RRP and not the monstrously inflated prices it now goes for on ebay. I'm glad for those who missed out that they have another opportunity to get the main books at least, but it's still rough that they can't get the set they pre-ordered months in advance.

Slightly OT, but Amazon cancelled my Hyrule Historia Ltd Edition preorder a few days ago. A similar situation to The Sky debacle, as I placed my order months in advance but all I get is a mail stating that they are 'unable to source this item'. I don't know whether it's Dark Horse or Amazon that keep messing up, but it seems that regardless of how early you place a preorder for limited items on Amazon, it doesn't count for anything.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think this may be the only videogame related book that I ever buy outside of the occasional guide back in the day.

Zwei

Aye, I already have two preord3rs from Amazon and rightstuf. Hopefully, Dark Horse doesn't mess up this time..

fates

Slightly OT, but Amazon cancelled my Hyrule Historia Ltd Edition preorder a few days ago. A similar situation to The Sky debacle, as I placed my order months in advance but all I get is a mail stating that they are 'unable to source this item'. I don't know whether it's Dark Horse or Amazon that keep messing up, but it seems that regardless of how early you place a preorder for limited items on Amazon, it doesn't count for anything.

According to what they said on twitter, they (DH) were specific to Amazon about the number they were going to get, but Amazon oversold it still...

Dr Dogg

Good news. Thanks.

Lol amazon.co.uk is listing it as 65£

Yeah I saw that. Pre ordered anyway as Amazon.co.uk more often than not lowers it's prices if orders don't pick up and it falls under their price promise. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong this time.

Theonik

Amazon.co.uk screwed me over on the original copy so I'm somewhat interested in this. Pretty disappointing they aren't even including the non-signed extras at least though. And for 65 pounds that is an utter joke tbh. They should have done the book at the very minimum at that price.

Theonik

OK pre-ordered from both the US and the UK. Depending on whether the UK discounts it down the line I will cancel one or the other.

Lime

lol Amazon.co.uk:

lolamazon97q3n.png

Nista

Hmm this reminds me I have an original japanese box set of these books sitting around somewhere. Guess it's not worth much with all these reprints...

Hmm this reminds me I have an original japanese box set of these books sitting around somewhere. Guess it's not worth much with all these reprints...

I've seen it selling it as much as $800 last year before the English version came out. I'm sure it's still pretty valuable today, although that may drop if this new print is more plentiful.

Well since Hyrule Historia is coming off my current orders list in the next few days after sitting there since around august, why not have another video game book to replace its spot.

thanks for the heads up.

redlemon

This new edition is just the books without extra's so I'd say it's still worth a fair bit.

Roubjon

I couldn't help imagining it laying next to the Journey artbook and then before I knew it, it was bought. For the price, it's pretty amazing what you get.

I hope this isn't turning into another thing for me...

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the limited edition, so I'm pretty happy to hear about this! Pre-ordered, thanks for the heads-up!

fates

If that's really the original box set, it's signed by Amano himself. The reprints don't mean anything to the value of that.

khaaan

Not really a fan of most of his work so I'm not quite sure why I just threw down a pre-order but maybe going through all three books will give me a better appreciation. In the worst case scenario I can start a shelf.

Top Bottom