• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy reprint coming this summer

B.K.

I just got mine in the mail. I haven't opened it yet though. There doesn't seem to be any shipping damage. It was packed a lot better than I was expecting. It had big bubble wrap on top and underneath it and it was packed in a box in the Amazon box.

Theonik

I shouldn't be surprised at this point but Amazon.com is fucking incompetent in packaging.
Yeah pack a 5KG book in a box larger than it, use no filling in said box, put in a mailing bag and mail with the postal service.
That's a great idea!!!
Fucking wankers. Now I have to mail them asking to resolve this shit. Just peachy.

wilflare

sorry to bump this up
but UPS just did the strangest thing ever.

I ordered this from Amazon.com via International Shipping to Singapore.
UPS attempted delivery today but I wasn't at home so they left a delivery notice.

On the delivery notice, they requested me to collect the item from an unrelated retail store. Why is it unrelated, the store sells traditional medicine. I called UPS Customer Service only for them to tell me that such is the arrangement and that they cannot arrange a re-delivery for me.

I would be fine to pick the item up from my local post office but come on, an unrelated retail store that sells traditional medicine?!

sigh

Platy

Ordered this on BookDepository and a strange miracle happened and it came in perfect conditions on 10 days o_O

I am REALLY impressed about how LITTLE text is in each artbook =O

Besides the title of each game, the third book total of words are :
Destination, Zidane Tribal, Garnet til Alexandros XVII, Vivi Orunitia, Freya Crescent Alberd Steiner, Amarant Coral, Eiko Carol, Quina Queen, Kuja, Queen Brahne, Zorn & Thorn, Garland, Beatrix, A Bonfire, SIN, Welcome Home Again, Bottom of the Sea, Look up at the Sky..., There must be a Fantasy
And it is a 154 page book with 4 FF titles !

wilflare

Ordered this on BookDepository and a strange miracle happened and it came in perfect conditions on 10 days o_O

I am REALLY impressed about how LITTLE text is in each artbook =O

Besides the title of each game, the third book total of words are :
Destination, Zidane Tribal, Garnet til Alexandros XVII, Vivi Orunitia, Freya Crescent Alberd Steiner, Amarant Coral, Eiko Carol, Quina Queen, Kuja, Queen Brahne, Zorn & Thorn, Garland, Beatrix, A Bonfire, SIN, Welcome Home Again, Bottom of the Sea, Look up at the Sky..., There must be a Fantasy
And it is a 154 page book with 4 FF titles !

one of the best purchases ever <3

Peagles

I shouldn't be surprised at this point but Amazon.com is fucking incompetent in packaging.
Yeah pack a 5KG book in a box larger than it, use no filling in said box, put in a mailing bag and mail with the postal service.
That's a great idea!!!
Fucking wankers. Now I have to mail them asking to resolve this shit. Just peachy.

Mine was in a huge mail sack. I couldn't stop laughing. Amazon are really bizarre!

Acrylic7

"We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.) As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse. As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse."

Rage

Is there any way to contact the people responsible for its packaging? I ordered Hyrule Historia from B&N and it had its corner damaged. I would hate for this to happen again, or worse.

Peagles

"We apologize, but due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the item(s) listed below in the time frame we stated in our previous email. We anticipate that your item(s) will be shipped within the next 1-5 business days. (Please note: business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays observed by the Post Office.) As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse. As always, you will not be charged until this item(s) ships from our warehouse."

Rage

Is there any way to contact the people responsible for its packaging? I ordered Hyrule Historia from B&N and it had its corner damaged. I would hate for this to happen again, or worse.

Is that Amazon? If so, damaged corners are pretty much a given T_T

Famassu

I ordered this last Fall and the box it came in was so big & heavy I was all "what in hell is this, did I accidentally order a PS4 at some point in time and just forgot about it?" before opening it.

Acosta

Man, I bought that for 30$ few days ago thinking it was a killer deal :(

Well, I'm sure it´s still a great deal. Looking for the arrival.

If this were the UK a few members of hotukdeals would be salivating over the "Trade in your item Get a $17.33 Gift Card." offer as in "OMG if I buy 10 that is $40 profat. A honist days hard wark".

£48.75 from Amazon UK.

£10.22 from Amazon US. Amazing.
The US warehouse has less space so has more incentive to lower the price (this unsold inventory makes the warehouse less cost effective, yes they take a loss doing this but its a greater good thing). It did fall to about £26 on the UK site several months ago which if I calculated correctly ,once you add in shipping, is about what this one costs.

Speaking of which this was $31.04 a month ago.

Too bad shipping to NZ is $40.

They only charged me $15 to ship 2 copies when it came out, I guess that's how they make their money back?
Not at all. What happens for ore-orders is they do not take into account the weight for the books (as they usually don't have this information, I believe when it is in their warehouse they will add it) but they can not demand you pay more for shipping (maybe they can but in the interests of customer service I guess it is part of the pre-order price guarantee).

Thing I don't like about the whole weight thing is how marketplace sellers are forced to charge a fixed rate regardless of weight when Amazon know all the weights and dimensions for many books and thus are in a position to exactly calculate these. It means you overpay for shipping on small paperbacks and underpay on bigger books.

Peagles

Not at all. What happens for ore-orders is they do not take into account the weight for the books (as they usually don't have this information, I believe when it is in their warehouse they will add it) but they can not demand you pay more for shipping (maybe they can but in the interests of customer service I guess it is part of the pre-order price guarantee).

Thing I don't like about the whole weight thing is how marketplace sellers are forced to charge a fixed rate regardless of weight when Amazon know all the weights and dimensions for many books and thus are in a position to exactly calculate these. It means you overpay for shipping on small paperbacks and underpay on bigger books.

Interesting, thanks! Though that doesn't explain why I get charged different rates for different preorders. They must have some idea what the cost is going to be?

Ventara

I'm currently seeing the price at $13.04 - anyone else seeing this?

Yes.

Anyways, I ordered one. Shipping was $15 to Canada, so it came to $28, which is still half of what it's going for on Amazon.CA. Crazy deal. Thanks for posting.

Blu(e)

I kept looking for something else to buy to try and get free shipping but noticed this specifically doesn't allow free shipping. Still contemplating on picking this up.

I'm currently seeing the price at $13.04 - anyone else seeing this?

YUUUP!

Book has been in my wish list for ages and I just casually checked it this morning and saw that priced

BOOOUGHT!!!!! (^____^)

I think i'm gonna make a thread promoting this insane deal now...

Ashler

Ordered from Amazon.com with shipping to EU for 32€. At .co.uk it was 49£ without shipping.

Go figure.

Top Bottom