• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snack World: Trejarers Discussion Thread | Level-5 coming for your money... again

kubus

Does the jara/snack random box stuff come out later? Ordered everything on hlj and got a payment request today, but it's for everything but that.
The release date is the same, but I had the same thing happen to my Amazon pre-orders. Everything except the trejara boxes shipped today. Trejara boxes are "preparing shipment" now, with estimated arrival date between July 13-16.

Yesterday i dedcided i'm out for the time been. i cancelled all my preorders before amazon started taking money for them, it was a lot of stuff i had on order it was pretty much one of everything merchansdise wise plus 5 cases of treasure boxes. I'm now going to wait till the game is out and see some proper footage of it. Before i decide wether to dive back in, just hoping i havent screwed myself and everything will be available after launch but too late now as my preorders are toast. Hoefully people will start selling complete sets of the jara/snacks on amazon marketplace like they did with youkai medals but it depends on how popular this thing gets.

I could have sworn tenso only hold for a month but it's been a while since i had anything sent off so my memory could be playing up.
Aww :( I understand. Are you getting a Switch then? Now's not a bad time to jump in actually. Well I hope you'll stick around the thread anyway! Will be fun the coming days when everyone gets their Trejara Boxes. Hope Amazon ships them soon.

I don't think you'll be screwing yourself by cancelling your pre-orders. Snack World isn't getting any hype yet, and I can't imagine it blowing up when the game releases. For now you can at least sit back until August and see how things chance on Amazon marketplace now that the merch is already out :)

Looks like to me is that they utilized the YWBusters battle system and mixed it with a proper RPG with the Jara/Snack twist. With online multiplayer. Sounds like a solid game honestly.
Yeah after the latest gameplay video, I'm sold! I should update the OP with that... Guess I'll do that around Friday when I have more time.

ranmafan

Well today I decided to see if I could find any of the tre jara boxes. Did not see any at any of the convenience stores I went to. a little bit of a surprise but I know many of my local stores have cut back hard on things like yokai watch toys and such lately, so perhaps they are waiting on them. But a local department store had their selection out for sale. They had a limit on how many one could Buy but it was obvious based on their stock that very few items had been sold so far. I got a couple of them and they really have done a good job making it so you can't tell what's inside. In the end all I got were a couple of snacks, no jaras, which was a shame. Was hoping for it to be the other way around. Still they are out there to find now. Probably get a few more before the games release if I can. Problem is will I get time to play the game? So much to finish before then. Anyway here are a few pictures:

d7B3Dmn.jpg
B3i9YV8.jpg
Z9H1vfX.jpg

kubus

^ Aw two Snacks sucks :(. But at least you got two Rares!

I have a long pickup post to make later, but for now I just wanna give a headsup that the Password Campaign has started today! Pretty much every toy store, big electronics store (Yamada Denki, Bic Camera, etc) is participating.

Just say "Jara ga hoshiin jara" to a clerk and you should get the Silver Spade Sword. I just got one from Ito Yokado!

I'm heading to a Toys 'R Us later today to see if I can get a second one (that I promised to someone) but the toys seem to be selling pretty well already. There were like 5 trays of Trejara Boxes two days ago at launch at the Ito Yokado here in Musashi-Sakai (so not central Tokyo) and today everything was GONE. Kids were playing the arcade game, and they were flocking the Snack World toys section. According to some people on twitter, some stores are already out of Silver Spade Swords for the password campaign. Of course this is all anecdotal and it's still too early to say but things are looking up for Snack World maybe.

ranmafan

^ Aw two Snacks sucks :(. But at least you got two Rares!

I have a long pickup post to make later, but for now I just wanna give a headsup that the Password Campaign has started today! Pretty much every toy store, big electronics store (Yamada Denki, Bic Camera, etc) is participating.

Just say "Jara ga hoshiin jara" to a clerk and you should get the Silver Spade Sword. I just got one from Ito Yokado!

I'm heading to a Toys 'R Us later today to see if I can get a second one (that I promised to someone) but the toys seem to be selling pretty well already. There were like 5 trays of Trejara Boxes two days ago at launch at the Ito Yokado here in Musashi-Sakai (so not central Tokyo) and today everything was GONE. Kids were playing the arcade game, and they were flocking the Snack World toys section. According to some people on twitter, some stores are already out of Silver Spade Swords for the password campaign. Of course this is all anecdotal and it's still too early to say but things are looking up for Snack World maybe.

Yeah I saw that the password thing after I had a bought it when i posted here and I was like "darn i should've tried that."

That sales situations looks much better than my store was. Went to an Apita in my area, out of the three cartons they had out, only like 3 or 4 boxes had been sold. There was so many left. And everything else they had on sale looked like it hadn't been touched. I should mention I live out in smaller place and this store in my area tends to keep things in stock longer than most (was a great place to pick up hard to find amiibo during that things early craze) but I bet my local ito yokado would've sold more. Might have to check later.

Do want to try and get a few more boxes. But I'll wait a bit until launch.

ranmafan

A little update to the sales of the toys from my local store. The Apita I got my snack toys last weekend from were completely sold out of the treas jar boxes. They also had a new sign limiteding sales to one per customer. However that was meaningless as they had none left. All the other merchandise was sill there, except for a few pink phone toys which had been sold.

Oddly I haven't been able to find another store that sales any of the snack world merchandise. None of the electronic stores in my area do, and we don't have many toy stores to check. So I haven't seen any anywhere. I expected that convenience stores to sale them but I haven't seen that either. Still it's a good sign that the items are starting to sale. Hopefully they get more in time for the games release.

This is out soon, right? If anyone is planning on streaming it on Twitch or YouTube hit me up in PMs. Really looking forward to seeing more gameplay.

Really hoping it doesn't bomba, but it seems like the anime didn't do well and they're not advertising the game and merch on top of the weird release schedule from the merch coming out while the game got delayed. 😔

garion333

Neo Member
It may mean next to nothing but Famitsu gave the game a decent score:

The Snack World: Trejarers (3DS) – 9/9/8/9 [35/40]

From the beginning this game lacked a certain
to interest me. Maybe my oldest will dig the anime once it gets localized, but not if they continue having lame humor and scattershot storytelling. Yokai Watch interested my eldest, but quickly died off for him. I love the games, but we both think the anime is pretty lame. And he's seven, so...

ZeroD

Will be interesting to see how this does. I really enjoyed the Yokai Watch games. This one isn't really pulling me in though honestly, just looks like a regular old dungeon crawler.

I'll be surprised if this takes off like Yokai did, hope it does but I don't see it

ranmafan

Getting the game tomorrow and while I'm looking forward to playing it I'm not sure when I will. I'm just completely focused on playing dragon quest xi right now and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Was afraid that would happen when the game was delayed and it's come true. But I'll somehow try to play it when I have time. Still excited about it. Just wished I could find the toys. Still only one store in my entire area is selling them and they are sold out.

GeekyDad

"Hyper casual"? Yeesh. Looks like candy, but that description of gameplay...tried Yokai Watch, and though it was so cute and the world very engaging, the actual gameplay wasn't really engaging to me at all. Was pretty disappointed with it. Can definitely see why they'd want to go in this direction, but it's disappointing all the same. The merch looks great, by the way.

ranmafan

Any impressions so far? The game released a few days ago in Japan and I didn't even see a mention of it anywhere.

I have my copy and have barely played it due to vacation and other things (dragon quest) getting in the way. I'm going to try and finally play some tonight and then hopefully I can give full impressions. But with the very short time I've played so far. It's without a doubt a level 5 game for sure. Has the look and feel of past games. My daughter is playing the game mostly and she seems to love it so far.

Also I finally found more treajars boxes for sale after going a month without any luck. Everywhere is sold out of them, but I found a place today that had a lot and only a 3 box limit. (Much higher limit than other stores.) However once again I'm mostly getting snacks only in the boxes. Only got one jara weapon this time. I guess the snacks must be more common.

Tusk

I just got the game today, does this have dlc? Haven't gotten to play but started it up and I saw a thing that costed like $15, what is it?

ranmafan

I just got the game today, does this have dlc? Haven't gotten to play but started it up and I saw a thing that costed like $15, what is it?

It appears to be so as the ¥1500 item is that listed as a "season pass." Looks like there will be at least two Dlc downloads to come for sure according to the description.

I just received my copy of the game. Given it's been available for a couple of weeks now, do we know if the Jara and Snack content is exclusive to their physical counterparts? I remember reading that both unlocked quests centred around their respective equipment and/or monsters. Are Jara also available in-game? Are there specific benefits to owning a physical collection of Jara? I love the Crystal Sword I received with my copy, but before I dive too deep into the game, or the physical collectables, I need some clarification.

I hope everyone is enjoying the game; I'm disappointed there hasn't been more discussion of the IP, reddit or otherwise.

More details have been released regarding the two content packs making up the Season Pass:

Pack 1 – Dragon Knight’s Trial!!

Contents: new post-game story content, new dungeon, new boss, new Jara, and new Snacks;
Release date: October 2017;
Price: 900 Yen.

Pack 2 – The Demon of Destruction! The Advent of Demiglass!!

Contents: new post-game story content, new dungeon, new boss, new Jara, and new Snacks;
Release date: January 2018;
Price: 900 Yen.

The Snack World Season Pass also gives you the Picopico of the Year weapon and 10x Melon Bread Cookies for immediate use. It's priced at 1500 Yen, a saving of 300 Yen over buying the DLC packs individually.

Tusk

New stuff went up for pre-order on some sites, the vol 2 of the boxes, a new fairypon black, and a vincent Jara holder.
edit: and the site I wanted to order from sold out on the fairypon and vol 2 before I could, damn.
It appears to be so as the ¥1500 item is that listed as a "season pass." Looks like there will be at least two Dlc downloads to come for sure according to the description.
Oh, guess I gotta get that then.

Top Bottom