• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spike VGAs Reveals: 11/13 Teased, 4 Known For Pre-Show/Commercials

A.R.K

Spike just hyping the shit as usual to get more viewers, that's all. It will just be some PS3 exclusive we all believe.

Gomu Gomu

My money is on a new Syphon Filter title. The game would be updated with all the shit 3rd person shooters have, like cover system, multiplayer and "cinematic experience". VGAs would be the perfect place to announce these types of games.

edit: Oh yeah totally forgot about Sony Smash Bros. There's a high probability it's that one. But I'll stick with my original guess. It feels right to me.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
My money is on a new Syphon Filter title. The game would be updated with all the shit 3rd person shooters have, like cover system, multiplayer and "cinematic experience". VGAs would be the perfect place to announce these types of games.

This could be it, if we assume that the part about not believing it refers to how we ain't gonna believe how hard a new Syphon Filter would bomba

spats

So, is Sony Smash Bros the secret PS3 game ? THAT secret PS3 game ?

That secret PS3 game is on a completely different level. According to rumors Kutaragi has been single handedly developing it since the ps3 came out, with a budget of billions. It's the real reason why Sony is still losing money.

Gravijah

i assume by "exclusive you won't believe" they actually mean "exclusive you won't give one shit about"

please be something good

I wish it was a new Destruction Derby.....

That's a franchise I miss.

And this gen the racing genre is going strong, and Sony did pretty well with Motorstorm and GT, they could take advantage of that (the 3D implementation in Apocalypse is really good, imagine that in a Destruction Derby title).

Not happening, though.

Gomu Gomu

This could be it, if we assume that the part about not believing it refers to how we ain't gonna believe how hard a new Syphon Filter would bomba

So are you saying it's not gonna be SP, because Sony know it'll bomba? Sony released 7 SP titles. I'm pretty sure that would equate to a huge user base, that recognize, and perhaps appreciates the brand. I can't see why would Sony not want to make a brand new "re-imagining" title, that would make old fans want to get it, and would make players unfamiliar with it want to play it.
I mean we're talking about the company, that gave the green-light to make a new Twisted Metal title. Now I would argue that TM is far less relevant today than SP.

But Sony doesn't have any franchise with a number 4 on it. (except GT, but that's totally on another level) Maybe they suffer the same trauma as Valve with number 3.

He meant the sequel to one of sony's franchises which will be a *insert title 4*

killzone 4, resistance 4, uncharted 4, god of war 4, all Sony sequels waiting to happen

my bets on GoW4

It will be Sony Smash Bros.

As usual people will get excited and let their imaginations fly only to be disappointed once again when the actual announcement is made.

the only ps3 exclusive I wouldn't believe is a Legend of Dragoon remake

I would even believe in Halo Reach on ps3 before I believe in a legend of dragoon remake

I won't believe in Sony Smash Bros because the whole idea is so astoundingly stupid to begin with.

Why is it such a stupid idea?

- Lots of characters to use
- Lots of potential for cross marketing/promotion with 3rd parties.
- Will increase the mindshare of certain characters
- Appeals to all PlayStation fans across every generation.
- Lots of DLC options
- Potential to tie in PlayStation Home rewards
- Potential to offer PlayStation Plus rewards
- Is a franchise that could work well on Vita and future handhelds.

Varth

If it's related to a recent invite yea, It could be strong. But maybe I'm reading too much into it. Did Sony ever make an event for a third party game?

Top Bottom