• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Super Stardust HD Thread (my eyes burn from the amazing!)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Isn't the new mode the same Impact Mode that is in Super Stardust Portable for the PSP? If so, good addition. Can't wait.

slider

Good news.

I finally managed to change my hdd (60 -> 500) and on a whim redownloaded SSHD cos it's that frikkin awesome.

Stackboy said:
It's payday, think I will finally grab this tonight (and probably flower as well).

qR7On.gif

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jvm said:
Isn't the new mode the same Impact Mode that is in Super Stardust Portable for the PSP? If so, good addition. Can't wait.
It is the same. Probably will be new for most people though (sadly). It was a great mode in PSP version for sure.

keenest

I just made 168 000 000+ Ranked no.6 (for now).

Wow what a rush. I have to stop playing for now to calm my jagged senses.

PSN Handle: keenest

Fox1304

Didn't even see the new mode up on the EU store.
Tried it in 3D, 1m away from the TV.
Currently 64th worldwide, on 4/5 games.
The mode is awesome, very tense, and oh my god the 3D when a nuke goes all over the planet ... <3

TripOpt55

chubigans said:
So this is being offered as one of the free games in the US for the Welcome Back program.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...&utm_campaign=Feed:+PSBlog+(PlayStation.Blog)

Let me tell you, this game is absolutely amazing. I would not hesitate to put this game as your free game, or at least try out the demo first. Man oh man this game...so good.
Agreed. If you don't have this game yet, definitely give it a look. Such a great game.

I may grab that new DLC that came out when I can get on the store again. I never got around to getting it before.

Neki

My choice is between Wipeout HD and Stardust, I do love twin stick shooters, but Wipeout seems like it'd give me more bang for my buck, content wise.

Grinchy

Banned
HKnightz said:
Is it better than Dead Nation and Wipeout HD? I'm debating about these 3
If you really enjoy racing games (or have played Wipeout and you know what you're getting yourself into) then IMO you may want to choose Wipeout.

SSHD is an amazing game, but Wipeout is so full of content and it's such a great package. However, for someone like me who isn't that great at racing games, I'd choose SSHD over wipeout. Wipeout is a very hardcore racing game IMO. I already own both of these titles.

Himself

I just picked this up in the Welcome Back program. Is there any kind of GAF leaderboard? I searched and could not find. What a great game!

Dambrosi

Banned
Fine, I'll ask here.

Is the WB version of SSD HD just the vanilla version, or does it have the add-ons included (like WipEout HD does)?

Super Stardust HD 4th anniversary competition

This competition is from the gamers for the gamers. It's time to find out who the top Stardust pilots are! The rules are simple:

Play the Coventina planet in Super Stardust HD
Top-5 players on July's PSN high score list (for Coventina) win the Grand Prize!
5 randomly chosen players in Top-2000 on July's PSN high score list for the Coventina level win a unique Super Stardust hoodie!

So, if you make it to the July Top-2000 high score list, you automatically take part in this competition! It's that easy!

Top 5 ranking players win the Grand Prize
(all three items):

3-D crystal of the Super Stardust HD player ship
Unique Super Stardust HD poster with creator Harri Tikkanen’s autograph! (Only 10 exist in the whole world)
Cool Super Stardust HD hoodie!

5 randomly chosen Top-2000 lucky ones also win the Super Stardust HD hoodie!

lgKBU.jpg

ty9Qs.jpg

zmkUT.jpg

http://www.housemarque.com/

Competition starts on July 1st and ends on the 29th.

jvm

Gamasutra.
New contest is up. This time make the top 5 or top 2000 in Bomber mode, available only with the DLC. See main page for details...
Super Stardust HD Bomber DLC Competition

• Play the Bomber DLC in Super Stardust HD
  • Top-5 players on August's PSN high score list for Bomber DLC win the Grand Prize!
  • 5 randomly chosen players in Top-2000 on August PSN high score list for the Bomber DLC win a unique Super Stardust HD - Bomber hoodie!
So, if you make it to the August Top-2000 high score list, you automatically take part in this competition! It's that easy!
Did anyone here get a PSN message for winning last month's contest? (I was in the top 700 for the month on Coventina in planet mode. No message, though...)

I really dig that poster they have, and would gladly buy one if Housemarque put them up for sale.

RC

Banned
Iwatas Magic Sports Coat said:
This game frustrates the hell out of me and makes me sad that I'm losing my gaming touch as I get older. I can't even beat the first planet :( I feel shame.

Set it to easy, there's no shame in it. And stick to the Gold Melter and rotate that thumbstick like a madman. That helped until the second to last planet, now I'm stuck.

Baron

I turned my PS3 on yesterday and got a message (Plus subscriber here) that it had automatically updated SSHD with a new version update. Did this add or fix anything? Haven't started up the game yet to see for myself. I hope they returned the high score ticker to the pre-3d version...ticker.

Biff

Just booted up SSHD to find Patch 6.00? Huh? A google search showed absolutely nothing for what this patch does. Anyone know? Anyone still play?

And did a Gaffer win that 4 year anniversary competition back over the summer?

I downloaded this following the PSN outage, but only recently got around to it.

Initially, I played the first planet and thought nothing much of it. The more and more I played though, the more I became addicted. What a fluid game, perfect for that short burst gaming session. I just finished up the trophies for the main game (no DLC), and getting that 10x multiplier was quite satisfying. Even more satisfying was that I was able to do my arcade run without losing a ship.

Wonderful little game.

Agent X

Just booted up SSHD to find Patch 6.00? Huh? A google search showed absolutely nothing for what this patch does. Anyone know? Anyone still play?

I just noticed this myself. The patch is 238 MB in size.

And did a Gaffer win that 4 year anniversary competition back over the summer?

I didn't win anything, although I certainly tried!

The official list of winners can be found in the News section on Housemarque's Web site. It would be cool if someone who posts here was among them.

Top Bottom