• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Surge 2 screenshots

GymWolf

After 2+ hours with the game i can safely say that who gives this game a score under 7 doesn't understand a damn about videogames.

Even if you hate with passion art style, lore, plot, characters, etc., You can't really downplay how good combat, rewarding exploration, level design and variety of builds are.

Just the fact that the most boring, dullest, generic souls clone of this gen (ashen) has a better metacritic than surge 1 or 2 is another proof of how much useless are reviews with modern journalist...

Last edited:

Roufianos

Thinking of picking this up because the gameplay looks awesome and reviewer complaints sound trivial.

Only question, how hard is it? If it's anything like Sekiro then I'm out.

GymWolf

Thinking of picking this up because the gameplay looks awesome and reviewer complaints sound trivial.

Only question, how hard is it? If it's anything like Sekiro then I'm out.
surge 1 was not sekiro tier difficulty, this one looks the same more or less, for some thing is easier like the drone who does actual damage to enemies this time and for some is slightly more complicated like enemy placement (at least in the first 2 hours that i played).

in surge 2 the directional parry is optional, you can play like a normal souls.

Last edited:

Pejo

I enjoyed the first Surge, but there was a bit too much micromanagement for me personally. I'd normally pick this up regardless, but with Code: Vein right around the corner, I think I'll wait a little. The footage I've seen looks great though.

WindomURL

Played it briefly last night, and it's an interesting followup. Very different tone overall, which kind of surprised me, but it was to be expected from all the promo material. Still haven't left the opening area, but it feels like there's a bit less heart, overall. Certain things in the first, like the reveal that the protagonist was disabled, the onboarding at CREO, and subsequent wide-awake rig surgery gave it a distinct vibe that this one doesn't have, at least so far.

This one starts with GO, which is cool. Just different is all. And the character creator is nothing to write home about. I'd have preferred a locked in character again, maybe with choice of sex or something.

I liken it to the differences between Dead Space 1 & 2's openings.

The directional parrying is awesome! Really adds an additional layer to the combat that makes it all the more engaging.

I was hyped for this game at an earlier time, but now I don't know what to think.

I have yet to start it, but man, 15gb? Really? Why?

Top Bottom