• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the tale of returnin a used game at EB

mrkgoo

Lyte Edge said:
Here guys, I fixed the spelling and grammatical errors and brightened it up a bit for you
I purchased a previously-used electronic television game a scant six days previous, and made the decision to return the title to the Electronics Boutique as it did not sit well in my parlor.

So I went off to the boutique, which so happens to lie within the same majestic shopping arcade in which I too have employment.

And here, my friends, is what transpired that faithful day:

The gentlemen attending to the boutique asked of me what business I had returning purchased merchandise. I said to him "Sir! I dare say that I am not fond of this television game. It does not suit me." The gentleman had the gall to tell me this was not a valid reason for a refund! "My company does accept returns from gentlemen who are not fond of electronic games, good sir. Do you not know of our great policies?! They have been established for well over one hundred and eighty days!" I knew this rogue, this cur of a man was indeed feeding me lies from a foul beast's opening. Why, I knew myself that one can at any time receive back the coin he has laid down if he does not find the merchandise to be of full satisfaction within seven days' time, so long as one has kept the parchment of record!

I was taken aback! Not only was the gentleman in question attempting to feed me great lies, but the cur was taking up my precious minutes. I had things to do, you know. I had return to my place of employment and receive my wages.

I gave the rogue two choices! "Give me your name, foul merchant, or refund my coin at once!" The gentleman was close to dirtying his trousers. "A thousand pardons sir, I beg of you! I must first telephone my employer to know if I can indeed return to you the fare you seek!" The gentleman could not even speak straightly, and why not? I had given him a great fright from my very presence in the shop! After the telephone conversation, the gentleman did in fact return to me the price I had paid. It was yet another victory won by my own hand.
!

Lol, well played.

I was disappointed there wasn't a magazine rack involved.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
whosbad.jpg

mrkgoo said:
Lol, well played.

I was disappointed there wasn't a magazine rack involved.
I bought a used game six days ago at my local EB, and I decided to return it today becaus i dont like it.
so I went to the EB store in the mall where I am working at.
here's how it went.
the Magazine Rack asked me what is the reason for returning the game, I said I dont like it. then the Magazine Rack told me that I can't return the game because I don't like it. The MR told me that It is the company policy that not to process a return on a used game if the reason is not liking it. then I questioned Rackie when did this policy start, MaggoZaggo said it started long time ago since he started working there six month ago. I know the Rackface McGee was complete bullshitting me because I shop at EB/GS often and I know no matter what the reason is, you can always return the used game with in 7 days, if you have the receit. I was pissed, not only because that Magazine Rack was complete bushitting me but also it was wasting my time. I had to go back to work. so I gave the Magazine Rack two choices, it can either fall over in a sweaty rage or give me some magazines. the Magazine Rack was scared shitless, it was like, please take this leftover copies of GMR, the Magazine Rack could not even stand straight and fell over in a sweaty man heap, I caressed the Magazine Rack in its secret place; the Magazine Rack whispered my name, "Renvi, touch me there". I touched it, and a breathless shiver caused the subscription cards in last month's copies of GamePro to fall out. I guided the rack to my opening, and let it enter into my moist nether hots; the advertisment for EXTRA 15% TRADE IN ON 360 GAMES fell off as the Magazine Rack emptied itself into me. afterwards, the Magazine Rack lay on the floor, where I had knocked it down, and loved.

Sho Nuff

Banned
renvi said:
:lol :lol :lol
orange belt...

Laugh all you want fatty. my dojang puts its orange belts against red belts in competition and we school them 6 ways to sunday. id check that attitude of yours in the future son.

renvi

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
Laugh all you want fatty. my dojang puts its orange belts against red belts in competition and we school them 6 ways to sunday. id check that attitude of yours in the future son.
I am laughing at you for being an orange belt and acting like you can take down anyone.
FYI, I am slim, and I am blue in tae kwon do.
so get lost because you need professional help son.

Sho Nuff

Banned
renvi said:
I am laughing at you for being an orange belt and acting like you can take down anyone.
FYI, I am slim, and I am blue in tae kwon do.
so get lost because you need professional help son.

I'm not saying I can take anyone down (my brother is 6'3"), I'm saying I can take down anyone who bullies eb employees. if u feel like a challenge why dont u come to my eb. My manager is a brown belt in hapkido and when punks try to return games he has NO problems enforcing company policy IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

renvi

Banned
Sho Nuff said:
I'm not saying I can take anyone down (my brother is 6'3"), I'm saying I can take down anyone who bullies eb employees. if u feel like a challenge why dont u come to my eb. My manager is a brown belt in hapkido and when punks try to return games he has NO problems enforcing company policy IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

"Opened accessories & all used items can be returned/exchanged w/in 7 days"

now, you still can't figure out who was right and who is wrong, and yet you think I was bullying the eb employee, and you threating me with your pitty orange belt.

I think you are practicing your stupidity at its worst.

for your own good, get lost.

Cronox

Banned
Is there seriously an argument taking place in this thread about how certain people could beat up other people theoretically? Guys, you can't punch each other over the internet you know.

By the way, I once returned a used game to an EB a few months back, and got a lecture for it. Part of the reason I bought it in the first place was because an employee assured me I could return it for any reason within 7 days. As the guy took it back he told me how I shouldn't do return a used game to them again, and how they're not a rental store. Basically just being a dick about it. As if I had called the guy's mom a whore the night before and he was passively getting back at me or something. It's not one of my finer EB/GS memories...

Borys

Banned
renvi said:
:lol
you can be tough all you want on the net, but in real life, you are shit

You don't have shit on him loser, Sho Nuff is a real OG, Japanese gangsta, he got contacts in Yakuza and he spits on weaklameasses like you.

renvi

Banned
Borys said:

You don't have shit on him loser, Sho Nuff is a real OG, Japanese gangsta, he got contacts in Yakuza and he spits on weaklameasses like you.
:D :D :D
donno how much he paid you for kissing his behind.
didn't you momma teach you not to say things you can't proof?
you too need professional help son.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
where the **** did this guy come from? this is like the most enertaining thread i've seen in the past few days

Borys

Banned
renvi said:

:lol

donno, how u can proof ur blue in takie wando?

mrkgoo

renvi said:

I don't think I can read gaf for the rest of the year now. Seriously, how can this be topped?

Just read it again.

Sequel?

I think so.

'The Tale of Returnin a used game at EB 2: The return of the returned used game at EB'

Pre-order get.

Box set?
Spin-off anime series?

Video game?

DO IT!

cvxfreak

What the **** kind of a thread is this? :lol :lol :lol

Doesn't EB now put some kind of round tape on their used games? I thought they did that so it can only be returned if the seal wasn't broken.

temjin

Banned
i once went into EB and was like "so like, my penis is so big that if i laid it on a keyboard, it would go all the way from A to Z."

Hmm, Bullying storepersons... I wonder if theres a storeperson forum somewhere which has threads all about the losers who go into gaming stores and take it soo serious =P Maybe i'll go search......

cvxfreak

temjin said:
i once went into EB and was like "so like, my penis is so big that if i laid it on a keyboard, it would go all the way from A to Z."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

First time I've heard that one.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
renvi said:

*pondering* Hey...who replaced my GAF tab with a Gamefaqs tab?

*proceeds to exit*

warthog

the tale of returnin a used game at EB

You just know it's gonna be entertaining, but this thread overdelivers :lol

Luckett_X

Banned
GAF you are the brightest of pearls in the mucus filled innards of stinking oysters.

truly the pre-eminent videogame industry discussion forum at its finest.

Lobster

Banned
Luckett_X said:
GAF you are the brightest of pearls in the mucus filled innards of stinking oysters.

truly the pre-eminent videogame industry discussion forum at its finest.

WE GET IT ALREADY. YOU ****ING LOVE DRAGONA. YOU CAN STOP NOW.

:lol :lol

When did you get that Tag?

Scotch

Lyte Edge said:
Originally Posted by Lord Renvi XIX, a tale from the Magazine Rack Chronicles:

I purchased a previously-used electronic television game a scant six days previous, and made the decision to return the title to the Electronics Boutique as it did not sit well in my parlor.

So I went off to the boutique, which so happens to lie within the same majestic shopping arcade in which I too have employment.

And here, my friends, is what transpired that faithful day:

The gentlemen attending to the boutique asked of me what business I had returning purchased merchandise. I said to him "Sir! I dare say that I am not fond of this television game. It does not suit me." The gentleman had the gall to tell me this was not a valid reason for a refund! "My company does accept returns from gentlemen who are not fond of electronic games, good sir. Do you not know of our great policies?! They have been established for well over one hundred and eighty days!" I knew this rogue, this cur of a man was indeed feeding me lies from a foul beast's opening. Why, I knew myself that one can at any time receive back the coin he has laid down if he does not find the merchandise to be of full satisfaction within seven days' time, so long as one has kept the parchment of record!

I was taken aback! Not only was the gentleman in question attempting to feed me great lies, but the cur was taking up my precious minutes. I had things to do, you know. I had return to my place of employment and receive my wages.

I gave the rogue two choices! "Give me your name, foul merchant, or refund my coin at once!" The gentleman was close to dirtying his trousers. "A thousand pardons sir, I beg of you! I must first telephone my employer to know if I can indeed return to you the fare you seek!" The gentleman could not even speak straightly, and why not? I had given him a great fright from my very presence in the shop! After the telephone conversation, the gentleman did in fact return to me the price I had paid. It was yet another victory won by my own hand.
Thanks for that :lol

Top Bottom