• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the tale of returnin a used game at EB

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Luckett_X said:
haha i have no idea, i just randomly noticed it the other day. its fantastic XD

Watch out man, She'll school you in SFA3 -- I know this, because I got my ass kicked at E3 2k3. It was the Army Camo Pants, so distracting.

Anyways, I was always under the impression (at least this was policy when I Worked there a year ago), that you could return any game as long as it was sealed, this goes for new games still in shrinkwrap, within 14 days; or used games, still with that plastic seal sticker, within 30 days. For exchange, refund, as long as it hasn't been played/opened.

Accessories can be returned opened (like cables and such), as well as used accessories... but when it comes to games, I always thought they still had to have whatever seal was put on them.

Totz

Great story. Compelling and rich.

anchorman.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
renvi said:
I bought a used game six days ago at my local EB, and I decided to return it today becaus i dont like it.
so I went to the EB store in the mall where I am working at.
here's how it went.
the retard asked me what is the reason for returning the game, I said I dont like it. then he told me that I can't return the game because I don't like it. He told me that It is the company policy that not to process a return on a used game if the reason is not liking it. then I questioned him when did this policy start, he said it started long time ago since he started working there six month ago. I know he was complete bullshitting me because I shop at EB/GS often and I know no matter what the reason is, you can always return the used game with in 7 days, if you have the receit. I was pissed, not only because that retard was complete bushitting me but also he was wasting my time. I had to go back to work. so I gave him two choices, he can either give me his name or give me the refund. He was scared shitless, he was like, I need to call my boss to confirm, he could not even talk straight when he was calling his boss. after the call, he gave me the refund.

improved.gif

Sanjuro

This is the main backlash from the lovely Wal-Mart return policy era. I work at Gamecrazy and we have people in there attempting to exchange items like everyday was post-Christmas. For us we are a smaller store and have nowhere near the ammount of space to hold all returns and constantly ship them back. Twice a year at best our DM would come and collect defective consoles and games. But our return policy has always been "used sales are final" and if the game is defective we swap it out for another copy of the game or use our disc buffing machine. But of course those rules are sometimes bent using good judgement on a customer and has his/her receipt.

For instance I was called a "****in fag" once because I did not take back a customer's XBOX 360 which he had no receipt for and none of the hookups/box on him. Its just the way people are these days.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
TheTrin said:
Bingo. The no return policy has been effect for a long ass time. I worked for EB back in college about 2 years ago, and we had the no return policy in effect.

You, sir, are the retard. Not him.

That's the problem with EBs they just can't get with the program. The guy just wanted to get out of doing a refund. He was just acting lazy. Now that EB is with Gamestop the return policy on a used game is "Bring it back for any reason within 7 days and get your money back or a different game." The policy is very easy to understand and is good at any EB or Gamestop.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
SanjuroTsubaki said:
For instance I was called a "****in fag" once because I did not take back a customer's XBOX 360 which he had no receipt for and none of the hookups/box on him. Its just the way people are these days.
Truly, this customer must have been both a gentleman and a scholar ... much like our fine friend, Renvi the Retail Wageslave-slayer!

Sho Nuff

Banned
renvi said:
"Opened accessories & all used items can be returned/exchanged w/in 7 days"

now, you still can't figure out who was right and who is wrong, and yet you think I was bullying the eb employee, and you threating me with your pitty orange belt.

I think you are practicing your stupidity at its worst.

for your own good, get lost.

I dont practice stupidity... I practice martial art so i can protect myself from those who are rude and disrespectful and try to return games that are not under waranty and covered in the recept. thats the way of tae kwon do. trust me my friend i would never take a return from you even if the game was a real crappy one like sponge bob for GBA.

kaleii

Ah, and to think that I skipped this thread all morning... I'm glad I didn't miss it. It's comic genious.

And Lyte Edge: Wow... I'm impressed :)

mrkgoo said:
I don't think I can read gaf for the rest of the year now. Seriously, how can this be topped?

Just read it again.

I'm in the same boat as you. I guess I'll start sleeping later and talking to my girlfriend again with all of the time I'll be saving by taking the rest of the year off from GAF.

Who am I kidding?!

I think every new GAF user should be required to read the original post.

renvi said:
:D :D :D
donno how much he paid you for kissing his behind.
didn't you momma teach you not to say things you can't proof?
you too need professional help son.

you need proof? i tried to return a game to sho nuff once and he damn near broke my phalanges. both of them. and then I was like, dude, it's your game! and he still wouldn't budge. i took the hint, and you should too. if you want to return something so bad why don't you go return your tae kwon blue, cause that sure ain't gonna help you.

ToxicAdam

This reminds me of why I hated retail management.

January sales were always abysmal. So often, you would only sell a few hundred dollars a day ... then there was always a customer that would bring in a MONSTER return (usually multiple christmas gifts from one relative) GREATER than your sales for the day.

Nothing like calling in your sales to the home office and reporting a loss of 30 dollars for the day.

:puts gun to head:

teiresias

temjin said:
i once went into EB and was like "so like, my penis is so big that if i laid it on a keyboard, it would go all the way from A to Z."

Am I missing the sarcasm or do you actually realize this would endow you with approximately 1"?

renvi

Banned
Borys said:
:lol
Why I do I find it hard to believe.
you telling me a japanese OG who has contract with yakuza works at Gamestop where he gets paid no more than 9 dollars an hour.
I am sorry, but I think you are RETARD. you gotta work on your IQ son

Borys

Banned
renvi said:
Why I do I find it hard to believe.
you telling me a japanese OG who has contract with yakuza works at Gamestop where he gets paid no more than 9 dollars an hour.
I am sorry, but I think you are RETARD. you gotta work on your IQ son

He got contacts in Yakuza not a contract with them mister karate master :)lol ^2) and he gets paid in yens (you know, Japanese currency. This is a symbol of Yen: ¥, not this: $.) not stinking American dollars.

BTW you gotta work on your spelling son.

renvi

Banned
Borys said:

He got contacts in Yakuza not a contract with them mister karate master :)lol ^2) and he gets paid in yens (you know, Japanese currency. This is a symbol of Yen: ¥, not this: $.) not stinking American dollars.

BTW you gotta work on your spelling son.
there is no gamestop in japan, retard.

Syckx

TheTrin said:
Bingo. The no return policy has been effect for a long ass time. I worked for EB back in college about 2 years ago, and we had the no return policy in effect.

You, sir, are the retard. Not him.

Actually, you couldn't be more mistaken (the two of you). It has always been Gamestop's policy to accept used game returns within seven days. It's printed on the receipt. EB adopted this policy with the merger. The original retard was right.

MrDaravon

:lol at renvi not getting it.

Anyway for the record when I worked at EB a few years ago, we were told to not allow returns of used games once the seal had been broken unless they were defective either.

mrkgoo

Reznor said:
Kid in red shirt = Greatest dance move ever.

Verily, tis the way he starts off with that goofy smile, but then goes all angst with the lower lip as he breaks into gangsta mode.

True genius. The choreography is masterful. With his co -dancer taking front seat at first, but sidling off stage at just the right moment.

Must've taken months to perfect, but the result is worth it!

Westonian

I was going to share my EB used game return attempt diary, but there is now way I can possibly compete with the Renvi's rare combination of poetic prose and intimidating articulation.

It's like verbal kung-fu!

Or diarrhea. One of the two

fernoca

Hmm..kinda weird..
But around here, ALL ..Gamestops/EBs...are not allowed to give you a refund if you "didn't liked a game"....and has been like that for nearly a decade...used/new..no matter what..

It also depends in the employee/manager at the moment..but around here..even though I've never had any problems with them, they have been strict about that...all this years...

I mean....that would be like buying an used car..then returning it because I didn't like the color...I know apples and oranges...but same deal.

Then there's the fact, that it took the owner ..6 days to realize he didn't liked the game...if a game sucks..it sucks on day one..no matter what..games don't magically suck a few days later..you can lose interest..ofr the gameplay may get repetivie and you end getting tired of it...but is not like "wait a minute, this game sucks...!!!"...

Bu they..
Now, ..please..an EB/Gamestop Complaints pinned thread..please...every day there's a thread like this.. :D

Javaman

Renvi
Banned
(Today, 02:45 PM)

Uh-oh. Careful with the banning. he just might shake his fist at you or ask for your name! :lol

bill0527

RSLAEV said:

HOLY SHIT put some glasses on that dude and THAT'S MY TWIN BROTHER.

What is that from? Seriously, that's some scary shit. I had to watch it like 12 times to just to make sure it wasn't me that was somehow secretly taped at work.

seat

bill0527 said:
HOLY SHIT put some glasses on that dude and THAT'S MY TWIN BROTHER.

What is that from? Seriously, that's some scary shit. I had to watch it like 12 times to just to make sure it wasn't me that was somehow secretly taped at work.
Ricky Gervais. You will love him.

edit: Oh, and that's from The Office, UK version.

Ranger X

Oh my god :lol :lol

I think it's been 4 threads tonight i'm laughing out loud almost to tears.
Right on "the day i wasn't lurking because i've decided to work for a change".

Joe Molotov

Tolkien, Chaucer, and even the great bard Shakespeare himself never wrote an a work as epic in scope and as enthralling as "The Tale of Returnin a Used Game at EB" by Renvi. I was enthralled.

Top Bottom