• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tea thread. Please give your recommendations for the best tasting tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually an English Breakfast or Earl Grey drinker here, but when I went for afternoon tea at Claridges once, they served an Oolong tea called 'Iron Goddess of Mercy'. It was delicious.

If anyone's in London and has some cash to splash (my sister and I took my parents there for a special occasion) try it out. They take their tea menu pretty seriously.

I'm trying to go the tea route without any added milk. It will be especially helpful on my fast thus [thus no milk added but I do use a little Steva].

Sleepytime tea isn't bad. Also I think I tried Lady Earl [Grey?] and that was decent as well. Nothing has really grabbed me yet though.

I was a big fan of mint tea back in Jamaica as we grew our own. I haven't found any bagged tea here that's comparable. I would really appreciate some recommendations here. Mint tea is one of my favourites but the bagged ones I've tried are all weak sauce.

Fugu

I love Jasmine tea. I drink it every day. Yes, it is often not made from the best leaves, but the brand I buy uses pretty good quality stuff.

The best non-scented tea, in my opinion is Tieguanyin, often called Iron Goddess in English. It's basically the prototypical oolong.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
91ktDOh1xPL._SX522_.jpg

Combine with some milk and sugar and it's awesome.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I rotate depending on mood. You can find the right tea for your price point.

Rooibos - for something without caffeine
Milk Oolong - Really smooth and distinct flavour
Puerhs - I grew up with drinking this at dimsum, super mellow
Irish Breakfast - when I want something with malty notes
Earl Grey - for a bergamot hit.

Morat

Banned
Assam is good for a rich, strong cuppa. Darjeeling is lighter and ore refreshing. Kenya is a good mid point. Lapsang Suchong for when you need to really wake up. That said, builders tea is always perfectly acceptable.

Hex

Banned
I shop from a store called dryad tea where they make special blends.
My current go to is a green tea with jasmine and lychee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom