• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The third Sonic Wii U game might be Sonic vs. Mario Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he won't be garbage this time around. Character had no fucking priority in Brawl, playing against my bro a Meta-Knight main was a nightmare.

Well Meta Knight is the Super Turbo Akuma of the game, so no shocker there. Sonic's main problem was his lack of killing blows. He has his back-air, forward smash...and that's it.

Forkball

I'm surprised we never got a Mario + Sonic platformer as it's own side series. I think there could be a lot you could do with that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh my goodness this would be amazing.

Post MKDS Mario Kart games have been stale as hell in my opinion, so this would be a welcome collaboration in my book, especially after how well Transformed turned out.

Coolwhip

Banned
My theory:

Next Sonic All Stars will feature all kinds of Nintendo characters that you wont find in Mario Kart.

Maybe Sega and Nintendo All Star Racing?

beta_fuse

Just received my copy of Transformed from Amazon so I'll be playing it all weekend to see what the fuss is all about. My first gut feeling was that I'd prefer Mario Kart stay strictly within the Mario universe. However, hopefully I enjoy Sonic Racing enough this weekend so those initial feelings of mine change.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My theory:

Next Sonic All Stars will feature all kinds of Nintendo characters that you wont find in Mario Kart.

Maybe Sega and Nintendo All Star Racing?

I like this idea! Mario Kart 8 this year and Sega and Nintendo All Star Racing next year. In the end ... two epic kart games, each with its own style.

CDX

If it's Sumo making the Mario Kart 8, or just Mario appearing in the next Sonic Racing game

Whatever it exactly is I hope it's 60fps.

Mario Karts have been pretty great about being 60fps. The Sonic Racing games @ 60fps on PCs are great. It's a real shame that 60fps wasn't a priority for the console Sonic Racing games.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Making a "Sonic & Nintendo All-Stars Racing" sort of deal wouldn't be bad at all, actually.

And they probably would use Sonic rather than SEGA, too.

Revven

I would be floored by this announcement, no joke. I loved Transformed (plan to go back to playing it soonish, been away from it for too long) and I also love Mario Kart. A merging of the two games, with characters from both would be a dream come true.

PLS don't just be Sonic as a guest character in Mario Kart and Mario as a guest character in the next All Stars Racing game. ;_;

Would buy day 1. Will probably buy whatever SUMO are working on Day 1 regardless of what it is.

Also, Sonic x Mario platformer please. Year of Sonic x Mario!

Couldn't this also be said for MK? MK's goal is to be 60fps.
Yes, it could. Sumo Digital has trouble holding 30fps even really, they don't have the right priorities for either Mario Kart or F-Zero. Maybe they could do Wave Race though, that seems better suited their sort of course design too.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think this would be separate.

I think so, too.
well, would be weird but interesting, more than the olimpic games for sure.
they just need to spread the kart games through the lifecycle of the console.
all star was 12, kart will be 13, this should eventually be 14 or rvrn better early 15

King_Moc

Banned
Features wise, Sumo would do a great job but the mechanics of Sonic Transformed paled in comparison to MK. And the frame rate was bad too. So maybe some sort of collaboration?

Gartooth

Heck if they are thinking about doing a Mario and Sonic racing game, they should just go the full way and do Nintendo vs. Sega. (given that the Sonic racers already include other Sega characters)

Sonic/Mario Kart Racer with MK's game engine would be sublime. Allstars Racing & Transformed always felt a bit too floaty and loose for my taste. And the items were pretty sucky, never really felt like they were hitting me and making me genuinely lose the race, more like I got hit by a random stage hazard that I didn't see.

You know what it probably is? A new Transformed game, but Mario is an exclusive character for the Wii U version. Like Little Mac in Fight Night or Mario and Luigi in SSX. Nothing more.

It could also be Mario as DLC for Sonic Transformed on Wii U.

This is to not get my hopes up. lol

daakusedo

I'm anticipating mk8 cause of the awesome mk7, you're killing me with your sumo doing it speculation! Even if I know it can't be that. Even though it was sega racing 3 or more precisely sega&nintendo racing, if it keeps the serie gameplay, I'm still not in.

JavyOO7

I'd rather EAD make a new MK. I did not like the last Sonig racing game that game out on Wii U after I played the demo. Maybe playing the full game might change my stance. Never been a big Sega fan personally even though I think Sonic is alright. I just did not like the controls for Sonic Racing Transformed. And I personally feel MK7 while a bit rushed was still great with its course design and the online community stuff it has.

So if Sumo does develop a MK I'd probably sit it out. Don't like the idea at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom