• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Thread of Growing Epic Beards

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
DeathNote said:
there was a kid in 7th or 8th grade who could grow one. and im 21. son of a bitch
That was me.

whitehawk

Banned
Ionas said:
That'll make the colonel sanders costume pretty difficult...

please, like you've never shaved your beard into something creative and kept it for a few days, just for the hell of it
I'm just saying, you look a lot better in your first, 3rd and 4th picture :p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I love growing a beard, but now I have long hair and I would look too hobo-ish.

Heres one from a few years ago though

beard.gif

Ionas

whitehawk said:
I'm just saying, you look a lot better in your first, 3rd and 4th picture :p
Ha, I'll take that.
Thunder Monkey said:
I'd say it's just because the goatee there looks a bit like testicles with arms.
I like to think of it as testicles with angel wings.

But yeah, it's definitely gonna have to be thinner this time. I blame it on inexperience.

EYEL1NER

I am jealous of any 'beardsmen' in this topic. I hate you all.
Beards are unprofessional in the military, as are mustaches that extend over the lip and past the edges.

I love having a beard. When I go on leave for three weeks in a bit, I am gonna grow a nice one. The last time I took a ton of leave back in '07, I went a month without shaving. When I got back to Korea though, I almost started crying when I had to shave it off, it saddened me so much. It was still a fledgling, a youngin.' Everyone was pretty impressed though, it was a damn good jesus beard.

Ionas said:
I like to think of it as testicles with angel wings.
I can see that.
rhfb said:
Can't do a mustache so any beard I grow doesn't stick around very long.
That was actually the hardest part for me.

My mustache's use to look like those six hairs that blog guy had on his lip. The past year or two it started coming in about as thick as the rest of my beard.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I forgot about No Shave November. I'ma let something epic grow, I wonder if I should let it go now or shave then let it grow November 1st?

Daigoro

Thunder Monkey said:
Ehhh, my dads looked more epic just before he died. If my mom would have let him he'd have went for the fullbiker.

yeah, but did your dad hide in a cave before he was hung to death? or maybe something slightly less EPIC?

Pumpkins

In this topic the want for my facial hair to hurry up and develop fully increases dramatically. :(

I will be amongst your ranks soon...

Soon...

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
No Shave November

To not partake in the use of a razor for the entire month of November.

This month has the effect of categorizing men, most of whom will have a girlfriend who disapproves and will counter by offering "No Sex November" as well. The pussies will cave within the first week and shave. The candidates will go the whole month without shaving. But the real men among us will not only not shave but will have sex anyway, once again proving the theory that women are always wrong.

Average douchebag guido chump: I was participating in No Shave November, but my ol' lady wouldn't give me any so I had to shave.

Moderately manly man: That's fucking weak. I went the whole month. Suck it up!

Fucking Viking: Hahaha, you two are a bunch of pussies. I couldn't even keep the bitches off of me this month, because I am a fucking Viking! Ha, ha.

Link: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=No Shave November

DanteFox

I actually hadn't heard of no-shave November until last year lol.

I'll have to try it for the first time this year.

But I wish I could grow a decent beard. All my facial hair besides my goatee looks like pubes glued to my face, so to look even half-decent I gotta shave em. :(

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Thunder Monkey said:
A routine of shaving and letting it grow is what helped mine start coming in full.

I'd shave, let it grow for a few weeks, then shave, and let it grow for a month, and then shave again, and start the process anew. Not too long after I had a full soupcatcher coming in.

I've tried that. I've had times where I've shaved every day, and times where I've fairly regularly shaved every 5-10 days. It's not meant to be. :'(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Raging Spaniard said:
I love growing a beard, but now I have long hair and I would look too hobo-ish.

Heres one from a few years ago though

beard.gif
You could probably get a lot of trim with that look. And I'm not talking haircuts.

If I let my facial hair grow, it comes with zits for some reason.

So i have to shave every 3 days (at most) or else I wake up on day 4 with zits :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
SapientWolf said:
You could probably get a lot of trim with that look. And I'm not talking haircuts.

Yeah thats it trimmed a bit already, since my cheeks grow about an even rate.

The stache doesnt connect with the goat though, thats my one issue :\ Perfect little bald spot right in the middle ... but I can pull of a pretty good Tony Stark (movie version) for Halloween :lol

Daigoro said:
yeah, but did your dad hide in a cave before he was hung to death? or maybe something slightly less EPIC?
He drank a gallon of rotgut vodka a day for 10 years.

Before that it was mainly multiple pints.

SnakeXs said:
I've tried that. I've had times where I've shaved every day, and times where I've fairly regularly shaved every 5-10 days. It's not meant to be. :'(
Alas my gay friend can't grow a beard either. And his mustache is just lip fuzz.

It's so easy to do, you just let it grow. Like with hair.

Everdred

yodandy said:
Ill be making the no shave november thread soon, cant wait!
Looking forward to it, sir.

BTW, I grow the worst facial hair, its ridiculous. My mustache/chin comes in fine but my cheeks and side burns are pretty blond and sporadic.

For me it gets bushy around the goaty, les so around the cheeks:

This was a few months back, but I kept it outta control like a tramp

5572_126330021286_707666286_3554841_6445886_n.jpg

But I regularly keep it in check like so:

2uif0ad.jpg

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Thunder Monkey said:
Alas my gay friend can't grow a beard either. And his mustache is just lip fuzz.

It's so easy to do, you just let it grow. Like with hair.

Does that mean I'M gay? :O

But seriously, I have crazy thick hair hair. I guess my body just put so much effort into my scalp that facial hair was necessary collateral.

SpacLock

I've had longer hair on my nuts than I've ever had on my face. Basically I haven't tried a beard yet even though I'm totally capable. If enough people here decide too, I will join the group.

<--- Pic related. My mouth area is nice and smooth.

EYEL1NER

Like I said, I love beards. And I wish I could let one fully mature right now. I haven't shaved since Thursday and have to in a couple hours before work. I got a good start to one and it will be a damn shame to shave it away.

With that said though, I would give up all the would-be beards and facial hair I have had and will ever had in exchange to not be going bald at 22 years old. My hairline is way back there and it pisses me off. The one thing I have always wanted is long wavy Fabio hair that I could whip around while head-banging and it will never happen. I have shamed my Norse ancestors...

SpacLock

EYEL1NER said:
Like I said, I love beards. And I wish I could let one fully mature right now. I haven't shaved since Thursday and have to in a couple hours before work. I got a good start to one and it will be a damn shame to shave it away.

With that said though, I would give up all the would-be beards and facial hair I have had and will ever had in exchange to not be going bald at 22 years old. My hairline is way back there and it pisses me off. The one thing I have always wanted is long wavy Fabio hair that I could whip around while head-banging and it will never happen. I have shamed my Norse ancestors...

As long as you can grow a manly beard, you're good man. The hair on your head is nothing compared to what you can grow on your balls, chest and face. That's what truly makes you a chick magnet.

EYEL1NER

Thunder Monkey said:
I have Sioux/Cheyenne Indian in my bloodline, and I'll have completely white hair by the time I'm 35.

If you shame your ancestors, then so do I.
What are you trying to say? Because to me, having white hair sounds like it would be awesome. And not in a Sephiroth kind of way. I have seen people with white hair and thought it looked badass. I'd rather have a head of white hair than no hair at all...
EDIT: nvm, I realized seconds after posting what you meant. That's it, I'm going to sleep...
But before I do:
SpacLock said:
As long as you can grow a manly beard, you're good man. The hair on your head is nothing compared to what you can grow on your balls, chest and face. That's what truly makes you a chick magnet.
I'm not worried about getting chicks, mang. My fiancee is fine with my hair situation. She has told me I shouldn't shave my arms, though, apparently men aren't supposed to do that. But I do have enough hair everywhere else but my head. Her father is bald I guess, maybe by choice, and she recommends I bic my head. But I can't bring myself to do it. I WANT HAIR, DAMNIT!!! /runs off crying

KAOz

Short bus special
Goddamnit.

I can grow a proper moustasche. A full on thick beard on my chin and slightly sides. But my cheeks, they get nothing. Or almost nothing. I get more and more hair there, but they still don't fully connect with my sideburns and stuff.

:( BAH!

SmokyDave

I'm in the process of 'going hairy' at the moment. I'm normally short haired and clean shaven like I am in my avatar pic but I'm going for it. Got the beard on the go, growing my hair a bit longer, gonna try hippy style. Despite the fact I'm only 29 I'm going quite grey so it might end up as 'Aging Hippy' style. I may update my avatar when I'm finished.

I love that Colonel Sanders beard. Might have to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom