• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Three Games That Will Never Die

MetalRain

I think even old gaming classics like pong, pacman, space invaders, bomberman and others will die after people get over them.

But some timeless classic games will not. There is reason people still play games like chess, solitaire, tetris, poker and I think match three games also belong into this category. They are simple and great games, you can then wrap them into fancy graphics or into VR, but they are what they are.

Mozzarella

I'm surprised nobody mentioned League of Legends!! lol its like 52 posts and nobody thought about the most popular esports game.

League of Legends
Current - GTA so its GTA5
Minecraft

Oh wait we talking about new releases? lol
Then i guess Tetris?
Skyrim? it will die when the next elder scrolls comes out.
GTA? same
Probably Minecraft too.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Minecraft will never die. It won’t even get a sequel. It’ll just keep evolving and adapting to what people and kids desire until the end of time.

238,000,000 copies sold, so far. 140,000,000 active players. Read that again.

Skyrim is a classic and should always get a refresh every couple years imo. It's that big a deal. GTA 5 I guess makes sense also, but I'm less interested in seeing it. Resident Evil 4 to me has yet to get a true proper next gen refresh. It deserves the whole ground up remake treatment while keeping the game mechanics relatively the same.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Just by going off what I see on youtube, I would hard agree on GTAV and Skyrim. I put more hours into Skyrim than any other singleplayer game. I never got into GTAV, mostly because I have never cared for how R* implements their multiplayer. I've heard the singleplayer is good, but I was so burnt out on GTA when it came out, having played 1-4 and every in-between.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’m having a fucking blast playing RE4 in VR, because it remains one of the best games ever made, and it’s awesome in VR.

If people are still enjoying these classics, they’ll keep getting rereleased.

Last edited:
Top Bottom