• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Verge: GamePass is Microsoft's True Next-Gen Xbox (XSX and Lockhart Pricing Coming With the Lockhart Reveal)

sinnergy

I don't recall Netflix ever having content issues (except now, there is fragmentation on the online streaming services market and that is getting annoying).
In the beginning both platforms where barebones , Spotify more so , most of the stuff I listened wasn’t on it, now look how it has evolved.

geordiemp

Is this this latest concern narrative? "It looks great can't be Series X, must be a trick'?

Digital foundry did not know what was being ran on what hardware in that showcase.

Do you know which games were running on XSX ? DF did not.

All I know is the premier game in the show case looked like this

THpylKq.jpg

Last edited:

Redlight

Digital foundry did not know what was being ran on what hardware in that showcase.

Do you know which games were running on XSX ? DF did not.

All I know is the premier game in the show case looked like this

THpylKq.jpg
Make up your mind, are the Halo graphics disappointing to you because it's typical of Series X or because it may not have been running on a Series X? Maybe it was running on a super-computer and MS doesn't even have a new console? What's your point?

You're clinging onto that Halo gameplay reveal like a toddler with a security blanket. It's not the only game that was shown. It was not the best looking game that was shown.

Unfortunately you don't get to pretend that those other games don't exist. Or do I get to judge PS5 by Bugsnax?

geordiemp

Make up your mind, are the Halo graphics disappointing to you because it's typical of Series X or because it may not have been running on a Series X? Maybe it was running on a super-computer and MS doesn't even have a new console? What's your point?

You're clinging onto that Halo gameplay reveal like a toddler with a security blanket. It's not the only game that was shown. It was not the best looking game that was shown.

Unfortunately you don't get to pretend that those other games don't exist. Or do I get to judge PS5 by Bugsnax?

Well at least 343 were happy that they polished the excellent halo demo. 343 today :

But while it’s easy to get carried away about the prospect of playing Halo Infinite, it’s worth taking a minute to think about the enormous work put into this playable preview of Halo Infinite. While this is just a section of the final game, it took a herculean effort to make sure this little corner of our Ringworld was polished and pretty enough for its premiere! The art, lighting, design, environment, graphics, production and engineering teams involved in carving out and curating this little slice, are nervous and excited to show people a glimpse of what we’re building.

John254

Banned
Welcome to spot the single digit to 18% percentage difference and let’s see what they give up to win that resolution and TFLOPS war :).
I'm not the one who is claiming 10>12 thanks to some secret sauce with that "narrow and faster is better" bullshit.

I just asked for single example where GPU with that many missing cu can somehow compensate for it with higher clocks and all I got was some excuse that Sony somehow doesn't have RDNA 2 so you can't compare number of TFLOPs.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm not the one who is claiming 10>12 thanks to some secret sauce with that "narrow and faster is better" bullshit.

I just asked for single example where GPU with that many missing cu can somehow compensate for it with higher clocks and all I got was some excuse that Sony somehow doesn't have RDNA 2 so you can't compare number of TFLOPs.

I am not saying 10 > 12 but nice recovery from the “adding two or three new features and removing one == net negative of the worst order” (basic maths) :LOL:, nice try...

bitbydeath

Your mistake is thinking 10 and 12 is the whole picture.

Not sure i call any of this filler games....
  • State of Decay 3 -
  • Forza Motorsport -
  • Fable -
  • Avowed -
  • Everwild -
  • Stalker 2 -
  • Warhammer 40,000 Darktide -
  • The Medium -
  • Halo Infinite -
  • Grounded -
  • Psychonauts 2 -
  • The Gunk -
  • New Genesis Phantasy Star Online 2 -

10 of the 13 games I would have paid full price for... game pass is a hell of a deal and I am so happy to see these being added Day 1 even.

You wouldn't be able to buy most of the first party games for years anyway, CGI trailer after CGI trailer...

REDRZA MWS

If MS doesn't care about their console, who are we to care for it?
If they didn’t care about their console they wouldn’t be bothered with spending a ton on research and development, marketing, shipping, etc. Pure hyperbole.

MS doesn’t care WHERE you play your games, they are giving you multiple options. PC, multiple console sku’s, even X Cloud. I guess options are bad?

Dory16

Banned
If MS doesn't care about their console, who are we to care for it?
The device ain't the focus, it's you. You like native 4k60? everything in the reveal was native 4k60. You prefer your keyboard? Play everything on your PC. You don't wanna spend more than 13 a month? Play on your phone or tablet or 15 years old PC via Xcloud.
Your moaning is irrational.

dwish

Looking through the list of games on Game Pass... really? People make it sound like this is the second coming of Jesus. Most of those you can get on sale for really cheap and keep FOREVER. Many of them are also on PSNow which is the same price as Game Pass without gold. I dont understand the hype.

quest

Not Banned from OT
If they didn’t care about their console they wouldn’t be bothered with spending a ton on research and development, marketing, shipping, etc. Pure hyperbole.

MS doesn’t care WHERE you play your games, they are giving you multiple options. PC, multiple console sku’s, even X Cloud. I guess options are bad?

It is the newest round of sony FUD. The whole disengages argument Microsoft does not care about console sales or the series x. As you said they are spend 100s of millions on R&D and marketing the new system launch this year. The biggest consumer of gamepass are console gamers. PC gamers hate windows store so don't give a shit. The cloud only users will be like .5 percent as stadia showed no one cares about cloud only gaming. The next best FUD is gamepass on PS5 and switch lol.

It is the newest round of sony FUD. The whole disengages argument Microsoft does not care about console sales or the series x. As you said they are spend 100s of millions on R&D and marketing the new system launch this year. The biggest consumer of gamepass are console gamers. PC gamers hate windows store so don't give a shit. The cloud only users will be like .5 percent as stadia showed no one cares about cloud only gaming. The next best FUD is gamepass on PS5 and switch lol.

Sony FUD?

Microsoft keeps releasing new consoles and then keeps on saying console sales won't matter just because they know they will never beat Nintendo, let alone Sony....

volpeeuva9hj2v.jpg

quest

Not Banned from OT
Sony FUD?

Microsoft keeps releasing new consoles and then keeps on saying console sales won't matter just because they know they will never beat Nintendo, let alone Sony....

volpeeuva9hj2v.jpg
Nintendo is in another market. Should they compare sales with iphones to? Nintendo is in the hand held space. Sony is the only other home console maker. No console sales equals no gamepass it is simple. Microsoft has 2 years to move current game pass users from the current generation to the new generation. That is all they are talking about. If you buy a series x,s this fall or next fall because of finances it does not matter as long as you do it before the 2 year grace period is over.

Looking through the list of games on Game Pass... really? People make it sound like this is the second coming of Jesus. Most of those you can get on sale for really cheap and keep FOREVER. Many of them are also on PSNow which is the same price as Game Pass without gold. I dont understand the hype.
I have tried to point this out, but there must be something in the ether that makes gamepass appealing to them, because even if it has less games than psnow and a not so great selection it still gets a "pass". MS even gets to be called innovative to enable streaming of the games on their download games as a service offering, even if they are years late compared to Sony.

dwish

I have tried to point this out, but there must be something in the ether that makes gamepass appealing to them, because even if it has less games than psnow and a not so great selection it still gets a "pass". MS even gets to be called innovative to enable streaming of the games on their download games as a service offering, even if they are years late compared to Sony.
To be honest, I dont have PSNow either. And I dont buy that many games at launch, the price usually drops pretty quickly. Maybe I'm paying a bit more a year than for PSNow/Game Pass but I get to choose which games I want and I get to keep them forever. So far this year I've only bought FF7R at launch. Im still playing it on and off (on 3rd playthrough, 1st on hard).

To be honest, I dont have PSNow either. And I dont buy that many games at launch, the price usually drops pretty quickly. Maybe I'm paying a bit more a year than for PSNow/Game Pass but I get to choose which games I want and I get to keep them forever. So far this year I've only bought FF7R at launch. Im still playing it on and off (on 3rd playthrough, 1st on hard).
You pay more for games you buy only if you take into account the full price games and a very short time frame... Over a whole console generation it costs more tham buying games.

The games on these services are everything but "free" as gamepass fan like to call them.

How can they reveal lockhart, if it even exists, with a straight face? If the xsx games look that bad what will lockhart have? 1080p 30fps halo? 😂

Unless Halo was on lockhart and they're going to blow us away with the xsx version?

bitbydeath

Already watched it a while ago. It's still RDNA2. No matter how much u try to spin that its not.

I never said it wasn’t RDNA2. Here’s the excerpt I was referring. TF ain’t everything.

Performance is noticeably different, because 'teraflops' is defined as the computational capability of the vector ALU. That's just one part of the GPU, there are a lot of other units - and those other units all run faster when the GPU frequency is higher. At 33 per cent higher frequency, rasterisation goes 33 per cent faster, processing the command buffer goes that much faster, the L1 and L2 caches have that much higher bandwidth, and so on," Cerny explains in his presentation.

"About the only downside is that system memory is 33 per cent further away in terms of cycles, but the large number of benefits more than counterbalance that. As a friend of mine says, a rising tide lifts all boats," explains Cerny.

Neofire

I will never like or respect GAAS. I like owning my offline games. Physical over digital all day.

I still commit to my word that I don't want to see any developer cry about sales after moving their games to that service.

Top Bottom