• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The VR-PC Game thread

I did not find a thread for VR games that are/will be available on PC (or have planned VR support), so I decided to make one.

I added games that feel like real games and not just some techdemos/smaller indie games.

• The Climb - Crytek
    http://www.theclimbgame.com/

Crytek_TheClimb_Announcement_Screenshot5-1024x576.png

Crytek_TheClimb_Announcement_Screenshot1-1024x576.png

Preview from VRFocus:
    http://vrfocus.com/archives/26657/preview-the-climb/

If anyone knows more promising games, feel free to post here. And some of the games in the list I posted announced having VR Support in the future, but I am not sure whether some devs gave up on that or not.

bee

dirt rally works great in VR right now with 0.8 oculus, iracing will work again in vr shortly

Good thread. A list from a previous thread which also includes smaller games

Dead & Buried
Final Approach
Surgeon Sim
World of Diving
Skyworld
Moon Strike
Nimbus Knights
I Expect You to Die
Job Simulator
VR Sports Challenge

Vox Machinae
Battlezone
Gang Beasts
AirMech VR
Chronos
Defense Grid 2 VR
Esper

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think having an all encompassing console/PC thread should be an option as well. It does VR a disservice to ignore and create questions to games like Eve Valkyeie which is also coming to PS4.

VR needs all the clarity it can get so people can look forward to their headset supporting a title.

kodecraft

I think having an all encompassing console/PC thread should be an option as well. It does VR a disservice to ignore and create questions to games like Eve Valkyeie which is also coming to PS4.

VR needs all the clarity it can get so people can look forward to their headset supporting a title.

This.

Durante

Radial-G is one of the most polished games you can play in VR right now.

Others that are missing:
- Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
- Geocore
- InMind VR
- GRID Autosport
- BlazeRush
- Lunar Flight
- War Thunder
- Assetto Corsa
- Race The Sun
- Ether One
- Classroom Aquatic
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome

A few of those fall into the "small games" category I guess, but clearly not all of them. (Also, this list is not exhaustive)

Nzyme32

Nice idea for a thread. Pretty sure it will get a bit messy post release, but it's quite useful for now.

There's a "showcase" that Valve are doing shortly after or during CES at the beginning of January. Hopefully that will show off some new games. Also there is a dev conference thing tomorrow for Vive, which might surface some new games, who knows.

The Witness in VR is something I am really interested in. I can only hope there has been some secret VR initiative for Firewatch as well, since that looks like a wonderful world to experience in VR.

dumbo

Looking at the screenshots, I really hope games ship with some way to easily configure them for VR... (rather than having us start at 30fps and spend an hour getting nauseous whilst randomly changing settings).

Great thread.Gives me more of idea what's out there and upcoming.Some great titles there.Now all I need is to decide on which VR unit to buy.Prices and solid release dates would be nice

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
So many of these seem to be touting Oculus support only. I don't want VR to be a segmented market, but everything leads me to believe Oculus will be the only way to go. Smh.

Phil4000

Great list, but you are missing a few big ones; Dirt Rally, Minecraft, The Witness
and
Obduction (from creators of Myst)
ObductionScreenshot061.jpg

Obd-Kaptar-02.jpg

viveks86

I can only hope there has been some secret VR initiative for Firewatch as well, since that looks like a wonderful world to experience in VR.

Yeah I keep checking regularly if there is any stealth update on their blogs about this. None so far :/

abracadaver

SUPERHOT

What happenend to that game? It looked really cool and I even bought in on the humble store a few months ago. Are they waiting for the consumer versions or is exclusive to something now?

I think it would be useful to have three different categories. Traditional games that happens to have VR support like The Talos Principle, Alien Isolation, Project Cars and The Witness, games that are at least partially designed thinking with VR in mind, and games that are exclusive for VR and won't work in traditional screens.

johntown

Banned
I think someone needs to add which platform the games are for since they are not all 100% compatible.

Platform I mean Oculus or Vive.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Can I get a GAF opinion for some simple VR game ideas?

Shoe box diorama murder mystery. Think gone home-ish, you examine a murder scene and look for evidence and the like.

Hover Junkers indiegogo pre-order campaing is live: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hover-junkers#/

I think they could have waited for the Vive pre-orders to go live first. Also they confirmed Touch support once it launches.

Hover Junkers is slated to release right along side the HTC Vive in April and will provide early VR adopters with exciting multiplayer VR combat as well as an exciting single player player adventure. When the Oculus Touch releases in Q3-4, Touch players will be able to join in the action as well!

Airmech VR?

VR version of a MOBA/RTS: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206500/

subscribed, awesome thread!

Does anyone know if the oculus will ship with any of the VR demos they've had for the DK1 and 2?

the rollercoaster one is the thing I'm most interested in, just as an idea.

I hope the PSVR ships with theirs too. my wife wants to do the shark demo more than anything lol

I have what's probably a stupid question, but I just haven't been following VR as closely as I should have been. Are these games going to work like... It will be compatible with either the Oculus or Vive or both, or will it be like, there's an Oculus version and a Vive version separately? Like two separate platforms?

Mohasus

I didn't even know about rock band. Are there more details available?

I wanna see if I can play it with my GH3 USB guitar and no Oculus.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Awesome idea for a thread. I have an Oculus Rift on Preorder, but was not aware of a lot of these games.

So pumped.

Pachimari

Were looking for a thread exactly like this one, and it pops up on the first page. Very nice and useful. Thank you.

I will echo the suggestion of adding the platform to each game. Would really like to know which games are coming to Vive and Rift.

Top Bottom